Pfizer

Pfizer Employee Reviews

Featured review
Pfizer selected this as a representative review
Amazing company to work for, very dedicated management that is focused on patients and employees as well. People and team work makes this place to totally stand out from.all other pharmaceutical companies in Ireland 100%.
Pros
Canteen, great culture, great people, supportive management who would listen, opportunity to develop, team work, work life balance
Cons
Long commute
Absolutely no job security/progression or praise!! Management complete closed shop very quick to praise themselves, no transparency between management and staff, failed attempts to rectify have been a complete disaster and is quickly swept under the carpet and forgotten about.
o Managed 30 people on 3 cycle shifts to manufacture oral contraceptive tables (OC’s) to reach the required monthly volume. o Produced up to 410 million tablets per month, achieving all volume and targets set. o Managed 4 different areas in granulation, compression, coating and sorting. o Responded quickly and efficiently to issues e.g. breakdowns, quality and personnel to reduce downtime and cost. o Wrote manufacturing investigation reports (MIR’s) for issues for shift and the OC’s suite. o Handled all attendance and personnel issues for the group, which included one-to-one’s on a monthly basis. o Motivated and mentored all staff within the team to develop and reach their full potential. o Regulated breakdown and preventative maintenance on a daily basis. o Complied with all FDA, GMP and all safety requirements maintaining a ‘no accidents’ safety record for the shift. o Reviewed batch documents for area and suite. o Achieved a ‘right first time’ working practice.
Successful implementation project “GL Migration” from Belgium market to Shared Service Centre Ireland.
Assist other employees in the Quality Operations laboratories Performed general office duties and administrative tasks.
I have been in charge of the following tasks as Compliance & Procurement Coordinator: - Operational Tasks – Order Placement, Vendor Maintenance, Invoice On Hold Resolution. - Customer Service - Problem Resolution: resolving purchase order discrepancies as invoices on hold (EIP holds/MQE) and categorizing/maintaining record of problem types. - MAPP (My Anti-Corruption Policy and Procedures) - Ensure compliance requirements are completed for Europe, Africa and Middle East. - Manage and coordinate activation/deactivation of supplier in a global level, liaise with local procurement, local compliance and legal departments. - Involved in the Multinational Due Diligence Process for global supplier analysing and validating information provided.
As a QC Bio-analyst i drove numerous project in the areas of Quality, Productivity, Six Sigma & Safety as well as my routine/non-routine analyst role.
Delivering Lipitor product to the world market self direct teams are a very effective structure with empowerment managers are leaders that are focused on doing the right thing Exceptional co-workers and natural leaders Full supply chain focused role huge development opportunities
pfizer was an excellent place to work and i was there for 17 years, how time flys by,
benefits
Cons
micro management
This company has a great work culture, it allows staff to find a good work/life balance. It provides great opportunities to gain experience in many areas and career progression.
Pros
Friendly work culture
Cons
Some long hours
Great experience for going into straight after university. Good people to work with and for.
Pros
Experience, shift work
Cons
Dont live in newbridge
First real experience in the working world. Got great insight into the sales world.
Pfizer consisted of 3 , 12 hour shifts. One week we would work 3 nights , the next week 3 days and the following week 2 days and 2 nights . Typical day would consist of me arriving at work at 7am ,to gown up to be in my area for 7.30am for meeting with supervisor to find out days schedule . I learned an awful lot about the pharma busines in Pfizer , granulation , blending and drying of products being the most notable . My supervisor in Pfizer was an absolute magnificent boss and was everything any person should aspire to be if they were to become a supervisor . From day one my fellow colleagues made me feel so welcome and I can honestly say I made friends for life when I worked there . There were no hard parts to life in Pfizer as all colleagues got on so well together and worked hard to achieve the daily targets . The most enjoyable part was the good feeling in the area I worked in which made the 12 hour shift fly by.Also because I did 12 hour shifts we I had 4 days off every week because I did my 36 hours in 3 days.
Pros
Happy workforce, Vhi, pension, canteen
Cons
Very enjoyable site to work at. Excellent employees and very good managers.
Pros
Staff treated very well. Celebrate successes.
Typical day at work involves passaging cells, making growth media for cells, reviewing others work, training new analysts or analysts on work swop trials, ensuring all equiptment is within spec. Each day varies with the structure of work planned. Co-workers are always available for questions. Most enjoyable part of the job is the great freinds and people I have made and met, while working in a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Odd free lunch, free tea/Coffee
Perfectly co-ordinated management schedule. Emphasis on customer care and employee health and safety and statutory and regulatory compliance. Striving to be the No. 1 preferred supplier of all manufactured products.
Pros
Clean comfortable enviroment with all recourses needed to complete tasks.
Cons
Some Shift pattern requirements
Dependable and conscientious embedded Senior Microbiologist seeking to utilize 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I have a proven track record of achieving goals, and working to the highest standards while always displaying the values of team work, integrity and accountability.
Very effective team work. Great training and services. State of the Art technology at our disposal
Excellent working environment. They provided additional training and where very accommodating during exams
very good to work for good work conditions and a fun place and planty of time off
Pros
very good pay
Cons
I have been working for 8 years and cant complaint until end of last year that all management have left the company and been replaced with new people with no enough experience in relation with their roles.
Pros
good company in general
Cons
new management
  1. Employee reviews