Pfizer

Pfizer Employee Reviews

Featured review
Pfizer selected this as a representative review
Amazing company to work for, very dedicated management that is focused on patients and employees as well. People and team work makes this place to totally stand out from.all other pharmaceutical companies in Ireland 100%.
Pros
Canteen, great culture, great people, supportive management who would listen, opportunity to develop, team work, work life balance
Cons
Long commute
*Start at 7.00 am.Review solvent levels for the site.Meet with Procurement to discuss and order Solvent deliveries and also factor in any changes to the Production Plan.*Production plans are not exact and you need to be flexible and dynamic to meet sudden changes.*Management are always supportive.*Co-workers are extremely co-operative.*Forecasting is difficult in a daily changing enviornment.It needs constant monitoring to ensure supply is available at all times for production.*Dealing with countless suppliers and inhouse departments gives great variation.
Pros
excellent conditions and opportunities within
Testing to GMP requirements. Job itself is straightforward. I forgot more than I ever learned. In my opinion most managers are managers by connections rather than ability. Most of my co-workers did what they could despite the structures within the company. Certain co-workers are never held to account for underperforming. No comparision of like with like I was onse told that I wasn't being compared with the mean performance I was being compared against my best performance! Hardest part was to learn that no-one wanted to see a better way of doing things.
Pros
things are improving but it's like molasses rolling over treacle
Cons
no advancement, titles are given but no the money to match the titles
Very dynamic place to work. Lots of scope to learn new skills
In my time in the Pfizer plant i worked in both construction and maintenance as an Electrician which gave me a vast amount of knowledge of the lay out of the production buildings and utilities lay outs.Every day had new challenges and there were some great people working there that shared their knowledge with meand i with them.It also showed me the difference in work between construction and maintenance and the organiseing of day to day chores such as ppm's and the necessity of permit to work rules and isolation permits being implemented.The hardest part of my job was shutting down the plant over a 4 year period and further to that over seeing the stripping out of equipment that i had worked on many times over the years,it was also tough bidding farewell to some of the 250 strong workforce that were made redundant.The most enjoyable part of my job was both the experience i gained and the people that i have met and become friendly with.
Pros
very good company to work for.
Cons
going to work at 4 am on christmas morning.