Play YouTube video button

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Overall, a really nice place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo7 June 2019
I started in PhoneWatch a few months ago, when I came back home after travelling. I didn't have much experience, so it was a great way into a well-known Irish company.

The training and experience is really great, and I'm already on a programme that will help me work up to a job as a manager. To go from not knowing what I wanted to do, to having a proper idea of my career has been great. I now feel like I'm a good salesman, and I think i'll now always work in sales. Where I live there aren't too many jobs going, so I'm lucky to have a job where I can earn good money without having to move to Dublin, the atmosphere in our office is great, we're a close team, and already good friends. I'd recommend PhoneWatch to anyone, it's worth finding out for yourself.
Pros
Training and opportunties
Cons
You work hard, but you can earn good money doing it.
Horrible company to work for
Field sales rep (Former Employee) –  Cork23 August 2019
They will lead you on like its the best job in the world . You will be provided with very basic training and it really is sink or swim . A company that will not pay its employees a salary says it all. And if you decide to leave you can forget about receiving the comission you worked very hard for . Do not do it to yourself there is much better companys if you want to go into door to door sales like SalesSense international
Pros
Cons
The entire organisation
Training i will have forever
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2019
I was very surprised because i never though sales would be something i was good at as i studied HR in college and only wanted a summer job. I am working for phonewatch a few months now and feel i have really come out of my shell. It’s not all targets and numbers more how we say things and why. But most importantly how to make money from simple stuff like communication and bod language
Pros
Work my own hours so can balance college work
Cons
Have to be willing to put in the work
Motivation
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth5 August 2019
The atmosphere while working is amazing. Door to door sales is a lot harder than you'd think but there is always a group of people to help and support you alone the way as you progress through the career.
Perpetually refreshing atmosphere
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth31 July 2019
There's always a sense of renewal with each day in the office, there is always an adaptive progression to the structure of each day adding to productivity. The outcome of each day reflects the momentum built up through each session of training. The geniality in the workplace is unlike any other, a sure and unique sense of cohesion.
Pros
Great congeniality
Cons
Motivation dependent
Unreal Opportunities
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin26 July 2019
Absolutely amazing atmosphere to work in. Amazing benefits, rewards and progression within the company. Such a great team spirit.
Highly recommend applying 💪🏼🔥
Excellent place to work!
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 July 2019
Great atmosphere and attitude within the company. Good sales training and great experience. I feel great coning into the office every day and going out into the field with my colleagues. Always encouraging you to do more and achieve your potential no matter what. Staff genuinely care about your wellbeing and work ethic
Tough work but great potential for the right person
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Limerick15 July 2019
I went in with no sales experience and didn't expect to do well. The training is great though. I gained a lot of confidence in dealing with people using various sales techniques which helped me get my current job.

My manager and colleagues were all lovely people and were eager to help me out if I needed some guidance or cheering up if I had a bad day.

I left ultimately because I couldn't commit to it long term. Late hours, no base pay and no covering of expenses are the three main problems I had. If you want to progress you need to deal with this for at least 7-8 months, I lasted barely 2.

Overall if you're tough enough to see past the negatives you can do well for yourself.
Pros
Generous commission, great training, nice people
Cons
Late hours, no salary, no expenses, tough work
Great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nationwide12 July 2019
What stood out for me was the relationship between the executives and the staff, they are all very approachable and you will be rewarded for great work, The only suggestion I would make is that when you join you are completely aware of what your roll is and your duties plus the logistics of the role.
I would definitely recommend phonewatch as a place to work and develop.
Pros
Great chance of progression and a brilliant working environment
Cons
Unsociable hours for certain roles
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal9 July 2019
I wouldn't recommend working for phone watch as i started with them and a few weeks later they told me to go because i didn't have a car there was other ones that didn't have a car and didn't tell them the same.
Fun and Supportive Culture
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2019
I started with PhoneWatch with no sales experience. From day one the management at PW offered great sales training and were with me every step of the way. What I really love about working with PhoneWatch is the fact that you can have fun while working hard. PhoneWatch really knows how to recognize and reward hard work -you have the opportunity to earn a lot of money! I would recommend anyone to give it a go, it's a really great experience to work with one of Irelands best companies!
Pros
Company Culture
great culture
Deputised for manager on a regular basis (Former Employee) –  abby street dublin17 June 2019
great place to work with a good work culture. working at phonewatch gave me skills i never knew existed but have armed me with confidence in my own ability and capability.
Pros
fun job.
Cons
outdoors.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cork14 June 2019
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2019
Training is excellent and so engaging. I learned so much from the moment I started. Everyone is so approachable and welcoming as well. It's like a big family. Very fun social events. Easy to maintain the perfect work-life balance. The uncapped commission is also excellent - the opportunity to earn a lot of money is fantastic.
Pros
Quality training, Uncapped commission, Great ambiance
Cons
I can't think of any
Best Job Satisfaction out of all my Jobs
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Galway28 May 2019
I've worked in various positions including sales rep, events team sales and field sales manager and throughout my time here I've had constant support from my piers and superiors. Although I didn't have management or sales experience Phonewatch was able to give me the opportunity to prove that with the right training from them and good work ethic from myself that I could progress within the company without prior experience. Although spread out throughout Ireland the whole atmosphere from Phonewatch feels like your apart of something and you get a huge amount of job satisfaction from working here, this would be one of the biggest reasons I enjoy working for them. I highly recommend Phonewatch, its a great company to work for.
Pros
Genuine interest in helping people, Great Progression Paths, Award Winning Training Programs.
Productive and fun workplace
FSM (Current Employee) –  Wexford28 May 2019
Perfect company for progression, I started the company with no sales experience and shortly after the training in the office every day this turned me into a sales person and made me a lot of money when I was fully trained up. Great culture in the company and recognition. Also very fun environment, great incentives, road trips and top-performer trips available to everyone.
Great incentives, clear progression, super fun!
Future leader (Current Employee) –  Waterford27 May 2019
Without a doubt the greatest workplace I've been in. Not only have I developed a lot of great professional skills but I feel I've grown alot as a person since joining phonewatch.
It's super fun I've never wanted to come into work before I started, my weekends tend to be the most boring part of my week now!
Pros
Great incentives, flexible hours, great training programmes, clear progression path.
Cons
Xbox in the office doesn't work.
The culture is the best thing about this company
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo25 May 2019
Training is fantastic at PhoneWatch. It really is a recipe for success. You're trained from the bottom up and it really doesnt whether you've never worked a day or your life in sales or whether you've done it for 20 years - everyone is given the same opportunity and training. Everyone comes in to train in the office before we head out into the field. The training is done in manageable steps so youre not overloaded with information and then thrown out to the wolves and expected to be able to sell. Youre trained fully over the space of a couple of weeks and work very closely with your manager until youre capable of selling independently yourself. The culture in the workplace is my favourite thing about working for PhoneWatch. Everyone is so down to earth and approachable. You're not just a number to this company, even very high up people within the company know you by name from a very early stage which is very rare. The hardest part of the job can be to bounce back if you've had a hard day, but with the right attitude and determination that shouldnt be an issue. I believed from a very early stage in my career that I had what it took to make a lot of money by working as a sales rep for PhoneWatch and I was right. I recently just got promoted to a Field Sales Manager after just 7 months working for the company (having never worked in sales before), so I am living proof that progression is there and can happen very quickly if you want it to. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be good at it and really getting into a good rythm of selling, its addictive!!
Pros
Progression can happen quickly if you want it to. Great incentives. Great culture. Great atmosphere.
Fun environment and great career progression
FSM (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny City, County Kilkenny24 May 2019
The company focus on your training and development and give you all the tools necessary to achieve your targets, Sales or personal targets, Along with an award winning training plan you also build other skills and form lasting bonds with your team mates as there is extremely fun team incentives. You are not put under pressure to hit massive un-achievable sales numbers but instead shown how to make sales, Up skill and develop your technique and helped every step of the way.
Pros
Great Company incentives such as Top performer trips, Staff relay races, Office day outings to do Go-Carting, Paint balling, Foot-golf and more.
Massive Opportunities
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo24 May 2019
A real good energy around this job, i love it, the training is continuous and very well presented.
I have watched some of the top performing reps get promoted out to more senior roles very quickly, i have been on a paid holiday to Magaluf with the company. the culture and atmosphere is great throughout and the top bosses play a part in the training and really make you feel part of a team.

The skills and confidence i have got from working here will either set me up for a great career internally or open doors for a new adventure.

The Manager really makes you feel like you belong from the minute you start
Pros
Uncapped Commission, Culture, Training, Support, Opportunities
Cons
You cant work a Sunday
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2019
Love coming to work everyday, the job and the people i work with are great. You learn so much working here, everyday is different which is good too. .
Pros
Working with great people and the pay is good
Cons
no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.