PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews

Ireland206 reviews

Productive and fun workplace!

Featured review

PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
I have been working at phonewatch for a couple of months now and it has been so much fun! From the minute I walked into the office everyone was so welcoming and It was like we already knew eachother before I even started that we got on so well. I have had nothing but a fantastic experience so far and there’s so many career opportunities that you can branch out into which I didn’t know before applying for the job. There’s such an amazing atmosphere and everyone is constantly showing a positive attitude and there’s always somebody to go to for help because everyone is constantly looking out for eachother which I think is really important in a workplace. Working with phonewatch definitely improved my social skills and thrived me to aim higher not only in the company itself but at anything I do in life in general. I go to work with a smile on my face every morning and come home after work feeling so happy which is so important because when you do something you love it doesn’t necessarily feel like work. They provide really good training sessions and even in lockdown they keep you entertained with so much fun activities like quizzes and games! Like any job once you put in the effort you’ll enjoy it and have so much fun!

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun, career opportunities, meeting new people

Cons

None can not fault the company

Good

Good place to work no complaints from my side at all I liked the people there it went well for me mabey now for everyone one but was a grand job for me

Pros

People

Cons

Pay

It was OK highly stressful at times

I started working for phone watch in June of 2019. I really enjoyed my first year but that's about as good as it got. I left in April of 2022. Basic salary is below industry standards and alot is dependent on your ability to sell not your ability to actually maintain and install alarms. I was very adept at performing my roles as an engineer. I was trained on systems that most will not be however my basic wage never reflected my ability to do more than the average engineer could. I had a good ability to sell and met targets mostly but unfortunately your quality of work and ability to actually maintain and install alarms is overshadowed by the greed of the company trying to squeeze every last penny out of there clients pockets. Coupled with the fact that sales blatantly lie at point of sale about the capabilities of the alarm including but not limited to the coverage the basic system offers, warning customers not to pay attention to engineers who have a duty of care to advise on what sensors outside the basic package they need for coverage.Work life balance is poor as an engineer you can expect to work past your paid times with little chance of overtime pay. Sudden and drastic changes to your oncall rota. I and a colleague were switched from the leinster region bearing in mind we live in laois to the connacht region overnight with no communication until weeks after the fact. Stock is a continual problem and you can expect to go and meet fellow engineers outside your contracted hours to retrieve stock.Management leaves alot to be desired. If you happen to break your sub par -

By far one of the best jobs I’ve ever had in my life the whole office includes you and makes you feel part of the team

The days fly by and the managers teach you everything they know by far best job ive ever had . Very faced friendly environment and everyone in their has abit of fun

Great workplace

I really enjoyed my time here as it's a very accessible way to gain experience in the sales sector. The work environment is the best I've ever experienced bar none.

Horrible place to work

The manager there think he can say anything and get away with it he has an attitude problem and then other reps thing there gods gift and they make what should be a good fun job a living night mare and if I could ever go back I would not take the job at all we all learn from our mistakes a phone watch is definitely a mistake

Fun and easy job but money is hard to earn

Inconsistency of payment is the biggest downfall from working this job. If you can survive without some money from time to time you will like the job.

Best job I’ve had.

Phonewatch has been the best job I’ve had. Manager is amazing, pushes you to be better, while also making you feel good where you’re at. You always feel like you are making progress and your team recognises your value. We are a team, we work together while also being healthily competitive. We push each other, celebrate everyone’s achievements, and always have fun while still getting the work done. There’s also great incentives and phonewatch really looks after you more than I’ve seen from any other company.

Pros

Good environment, friendly coworkers, great manager, incentives, skill building and progress, exceptional training, flexible hours

Cons

None that I can think of

Fun environment

Best management I have ever worked withAlways there to help each other and new things to learn every day. every one gets treated with respect like you should be.

Pros

Trips and incentives

Cons

Good hours

Great to work

It’s a great place to work make your own hours you are basically your own boss this job helps a lot with independence and team working skills such great opportunities working here!

Productive and fun environment

Great working environment work your own hours and opportunity to grow within the company is incredible the team is great to work with and always willing to help you learn from there experience and develop your skills at the same time

Awful Awful experience

Cold calling to people who don't care? awful. commission only pay? awful. the whole job was awful. i was working 10 hours walking around in any weather, and only got paid if i roped some poor person into buying the alarm system. i got "fired" (i.e. removed from all groupchats with no warning or communication) for being sick. i got sick because i spent a day walking around in rain. i hated every single second of it. worst job ever.

Pros

Cons

so so many commission only pay poor management no communication

PhoneWatch is the most positive, fun and supportive atmosphere I've ever worked in. Great opportunities and Management that has your back. 10/10

Working at the PhoneWatch Cavan office is a fantastic experience with plenty of training provided to all with various opportunities to progress your career within the company.The office environment is very positive and management strives to provide the backup the team needs to succeed both in sales goals and with personal motivation and wellbeing.While working at the Cavan office it really doesn't even like its a job because of the constant enjoyment and good craic you have with the team.I highly recommend this job for anyone looking for an excellent kick-start to their sales career, best thing about it is you can come from any walk of life and receive the support you need to excel.

Pros

Excellent commission pay, Support available for further training and advancement, Fantastic office environment

Cons

Commission only pay means pay varies bi-weekly.

Great people, fun environment

Great training, new experiences, highly recommend, staff and managers are super friendly, great rewards and incentives!

Pros

Great training, fun workplace

Workplace and environment

Working for phonewatch is a great way to start when it comes sales. They provide an excellent training programme. No experience is needed due to the training they provide.Also progressing in this job is good when the work has been put in

Pros

Company Car, easy hours, nice office culture

Team culture is fantastic, building skills that will last for the rest of your career and satisfaction you get from the job is great.

Phonewatch is very helpful in the training in Phonewatch Sales Academy. During training, there is role play to help you get confident for selling in front of the customer. Sales Academy in Phonewatch is just the start of training as there is continuous training. The training happens in the morning before we head out to the field. Your confidence will grow each and every day. The benefits of working with Phonewatch is the working schedule, the rewards you get is the pay with the amount of work that you put in, the satisfaction you get when you have help the customer meet their specific needs is fantastic.

Pros

Money gained through the amount of work you put in. Team culture is unreal. Flexible work.

Cons

Bad weather

Productive and fun place

Phonewatch is a fantastic place to work, very welcoming fun and flexible hours,Award winning sales training, competitive place where you can make good money if you work hard, staff party’s to meet lovely people, go on trips and your always in a different place I’d recommend phonewatch to everyone as you need no experience, the support is fantastic from everyone in phonewatch

Pros

The people and support

Cons

Irish weather

Excellent place to work.

PhoneWatch is such an amazing place to work, always lots to learn, flexible hours, amazing training, all offices make you feel so welcoming, over all 100%

Pros

Flexible hours, great people

Cons

Bad weather

Exciting and professional workplace

I have only been at Phonewatch for a short while but immediately I already feel like an experienced rep and a part of a work family. The training you receive will really allow you to hit the ground running. The management team are down to earth and positively push you to be the best rep you can be. Hard work and dedication is needed as with any job and if you have these qualities there’s no reason why you won’t succeed here. Nice commission structure here so your hard work will definitely feel worth it. The work day/job life balance is very relaxed. I would definitely recommend working at Phonewatch to anyone who wants to develop theyre sales skills AND earn good money at the same time🔥🤑

Pros

Commission structure, relaxed work environment

Cons

Nothing really stands out

Stressful but can be rewarding

Very relaxed and enjoyable office with amazing sales training. Pay is commission only which can be a burden if travelling from a distance. Sales training in office for 2 hours but then out knocking door to door for the next 5 hours trying to make sales

Pros

Relaxed and friendly work environment

Cons

No base salary

Amazing training

Training was fantastic and always good fun. But it’s impossible to get your money once you leave. They have no intentions of paying you and you end up having to chase for your bit of money which is ridiculous. Worked along some great people for the small while I was there but the fact it’s commission pay and no base pay they will try and get away with not paying you once you leave the job. I also know that this isn’t just a me problem I know others who are going through the same thing. I had full intentions of going back but in the future but now that I’m still chasing for my money a month later it’s really turned me off. Don’t say I’ll get paid when there is no intention to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement