Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews

Ireland106 reviews
Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
training sessions were generally good, but in reality if you don't have sales experience do not apply, as the phonewatch role is very demanding on your personal time with hours the managers say are flexible but in reality are not. there is also far too much monitoring of staff, and too much ambiguity over your employment status (phonewatch officially employ you but you have to do all your own taxes). it was a good learning experience to some degree but really not worth it - the self-hype of the company is very over the top as well.
Pros
training is good
Cons
lack of flexibility, too much paperwork for staff that admin should be taking care of instead
It is a fun place too work staff and management are lovely but it is commission only basis also if you have to travel anywhere to do your door to door sales you have to pay for your own transport to and from these areas.
In phonewatch we worked off commission which made things a competitive environment and each sale we got was 200 for just the one sale and then for hitting bonuses extra 550 every 7 sales
Absolutely love working in Phone watch, the Job culture is amazing . all staff members are friendly , really good commission and incentives
Basic wage is my only criticism
Great place to work. Not for everyone but anyone with a bit of drive will have great success. Takes a couple of days to kick off but once i got the swing of how everything works the days flew. Good work ethic from the team to managment.
Pros
Hard work payed off
Fast paced environment, but if your willing to put the effort you can achieve big here. Training daily is a massive boost going into the field, and there is a competitive but fun feeling in the office.

If your looking too boost your confidence, and have a outgoing personality this is definitely an opportunity for you.

Management is very sound and will get you to a level where you can change your financial situation.
Fun environment to work in. Phonewatch offer top quality sales training. Tough but rewarding job it definitely does not suit everybody but it’s a great job for motivated people. Even if it’s not a job for you it’s a great way to build confidence! Any skills obtained from this job are transferable to any other job. A great job to get your first step up in sales.
As a field engineer you will have to work with a customers and fix or install their alarm systems on a daily basis. Company provides you with a van/fuel card, company's phone and a tablet. Van can be used for private purposes as well. It can be a bit stressful job but not all the time. It's a good company if you interested in learning new and interesting skills.
I find PhoneWatch to be a great work place not only for the experience and learning aspects but the people and management are very friendly and great to talk with.
Head onto sales field and engage with potential customers about the product and pitch and close sales. Commissioned based. Tough work in evenings when you would not get a sale but extremely rewarding and thrilling when you did.
Good job just don’t get paid it was commissions based so in my opinion it’s not worth it like it’s a good job if you want experience but that’s all it was a good place to work everyone had a great laugh was like a weird family but your not getting paid so what’s the point
This is a great job for gaining sales experience but not much else. Lower management was good and fought hard to make sure that myself and other direct sales representatives were treated as fairly as possible but company rules and upper management made it extremely difficult. Commission only pay, no fuel allowance of any sort despite driving/traveling almost constantly for the job.

Regional management seems to do whatever it can to cancel your sales if you reach 7 sales in a month just to deny you your bonus. I had a savings account before I began this job but after just a few months I had almost completely depleted it as I needed to pay for diesel to get around for this job. The pay was dismal. They sell it to you in the interview so that you think that you're going to be paid fairly but I can guarantee that you won't be.

They have an incredibly high turnover rate when it comes to sales representatives. They justify it by saying that the job is tough and it takes a special type of salesperson to make it in the company but in reality, it's because it's a company that doesn't care about its employees and does what they can to both avoid paying their employees a fair wage and avoid paying taxes. Employees are made to register as self-employed so that the company doesn't have to sort your taxes for you. It also puts you in a very precarious position when it comes to job security. There is none.

There is a distinct lack of trust between Upper Management and the employees they manage. They micromanaged everyone. When you began knocking on doors you were required to pin
 - more...
alright if you are stuck for something to do and there is no other work out there, but even in door to door sales there are better more professional companies to work for.

i was in a bit of a stop-gap situation when i joined them and luckily i found something a lot better in a similar field.

unprofessional management who are really nice to the clients on the office phone but then call them all sorts of abusive names when they hang up, lots of disgusting behaviour at social events, and arrogant young lads who think nothing of pestering elderly people at the door who have told them clearly they are not interested.

this is the REAL face of phonewatch. just be very aware of that before you get sucked into their self-promotion.
During your training period in rural counties you are expected to travel excessive miles for your experience in getting sales. This inevitable leads to a loss in income. There is no job security and got forbid you'd need a few sick days. Hounded my management to return to work immediately or return you badge and folder. You'll be told that transportation will be provided by management however if you has your own you'll be expected to carry others with you and babysit them while trying to achieve your own goals. Which would of course be fine if you didn't have to add yet more milage to your day without so much as a thank you.
Working at Phonewatch is one of the greatest career moves I have ever made .I started working for Phonewatch 5 months ago and have progressed onto the future leader course which has giving me the confidence to lead my own team and couch new members of staff . I was hired with no sales experience and was trained up to this position .If your ever looking for a change in yogur career you can not work for a work for a better company that’s professional in everything they do
Door to door sales is very demoralising. Constant rejection is hard to take and the chances of making a sale were low, generally only 2 a week. I feel that if the product was considerably cheaper it would be much more manageable.
When I started at Phonewatch I couldn’t have felt more comfortable, everyone is so accommodating and genuinely wants to see you do well within the company.

The room for progression within phone watch is also the best I’ve seen from any job I’ve worked at, you can go from beginner to manager in rapid time if they see you are making the effort to do so.
Pros
No limit on how much money you make
Cons
I got 99 problems but phone watch aint one of them
With the right attitude, you can go far in this company very quickly. Support is always on hand and managers genuinely want to see you progress.
Be willing to learn, be positive and set goals for yourself.

Handiest job in Ireland. Love this gig.
Unbelievably rewarding job in terms of money. The members are always there to help out and advise. Brilliant training provided. I am working in phonewatch for about 8 months now. If you're looking to get into sales Phonewatch is the route to take. Absolutely no sales experience needed. They will give you all the tools needed to become independent sales agent. 👍👍👍

ready to
If you are self motivated, there are plenty of opportunities for different career paths so you have a lot of flexibility both on the job and in the long term.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.