Play YouTube video button

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Great job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath8 October 2019
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
Excellent place
Agent (Current Employee) –  dublin 120 January 2020
Absolutely love working in Phone watch, the Job culture is amazing . all staff members are friendly , really good commission and incentives
Basic wage is my only criticism
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Galway16 January 2020
Great place to work. Not for everyone but anyone with a bit of drive will have great success. Takes a couple of days to kick off but once i got the swing of how everything works the days flew. Good work ethic from the team to managment.
Pros
Hard work payed off
Great job to start your sales career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Galway16 January 2020
Fast paced environment, but if your willing to put the effort you can achieve big here. Training daily is a massive boost going into the field, and there is a competitive but fun feeling in the office.

If your looking too boost your confidence, and have a outgoing personality this is definitely an opportunity for you.

Management is very sound and will get you to a level where you can change your financial situation.
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway16 January 2020
Fun environment to work in. Phonewatch offer top quality sales training. Tough but rewarding job it definitely does not suit everybody but it’s a great job for motivated people. Even if it’s not a job for you it’s a great way to build confidence! Any skills obtained from this job are transferable to any other job. A great job to get your first step up in sales.
Good job.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 December 2019
As a field engineer you will have to work with a customers and fix or install their alarm systems on a daily basis. Company provides you with a van/fuel card, company's phone and a tablet. Van can be used for private purposes as well. It can be a bit stressful job but not all the time. It's a good company if you interested in learning new and interesting skills.
Great work place
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 December 2019
I find PhoneWatch to be a great work place not only for the experience and learning aspects but the people and management are very friendly and great to talk with.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway13 December 2019
Head onto sales field and engage with potential customers about the product and pitch and close sales. Commissioned based. Tough work in evenings when you would not get a sale but extremely rewarding and thrilling when you did.
Good job
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 December 2019
Good job just don’t get paid it was commissions based so in my opinion it’s not worth it like it’s a good job if you want experience but that’s all it was a good place to work everyone had a great laugh was like a weird family but your not getting paid so what’s the point
You won't make any money and will be micromanaged
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Donegal2 December 2019
This is a great job for gaining sales experience but not much else. Lower management was good and fought hard to make sure that myself and other direct sales representatives were treated as fairly as possible but company rules and upper management made it extremely difficult. Commission only pay, no fuel allowance of any sort despite driving/traveling almost constantly for the job.

Regional management seems to do whatever it can to cancel your sales if you reach 7 sales in a month just to deny you your bonus. I had a savings account before I began this job but after just a few months I had almost completely depleted it as I needed to pay for diesel to get around for this job. The pay was dismal. They sell it to you in the interview so that you think that you're going to be paid fairly but I can guarantee that you won't be.

They have an incredibly high turnover rate when it comes to sales representatives. They justify it by saying that the job is tough and it takes a special type of salesperson to make it in the company but in reality, it's because it's a company that doesn't care about its employees and does what they can to both avoid paying their employees a fair wage and avoid paying taxes. Employees are made to register as self-employed so that the company doesn't have to sort your taxes for you. It also puts you in a very precarious position when it comes to job security. There is none.

There is a distinct lack of trust between Upper Management and the employees they manage. They micromanaged everyone. When you began knocking on doors you were required to pin
  more... your location in a WhatsApp group and again when you finished. This was so that they could check to make sure that you knocked on the number of doors that you reported at the end of the night. This was advertised as a job with flexible hours that you could work when you wanted to however, you were expected to be in the office from 12:45-14:30 (unpaid) then be knocking doors from 14:30-21:00 and were reprimanded if you started any later or finished earlier.

The only saving grace of this job was my manager and the other people in the office. Genuinely lovely people who made the job bearable.

Long story short, if you're looking to make money, this is not the job for you. If you're looking to be treated fairly, this is not the job for you. If you're looking to lose money and be taken advantage of then go ahead and work here.
good if you are stuck for work, but not a proper job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway28 November 2019
alright if you are stuck for something to do and there is no other work out there, but even in door to door sales there are better more professional companies to work for.

i was in a bit of a stop-gap situation when i joined them and luckily i found something a lot better in a similar field.

unprofessional management who are really nice to the clients on the office phone but then call them all sorts of abusive names when they hang up, lots of disgusting behaviour at social events, and arrogant young lads who think nothing of pestering elderly people at the door who have told them clearly they are not interested.

this is the REAL face of phonewatch. just be very aware of that before you get sucked into their self-promotion.
Poorly managed
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry23 November 2019
During your training period in rural counties you are expected to travel excessive miles for your experience in getting sales. This inevitable leads to a loss in income. There is no job security and got forbid you'd need a few sick days. Hounded my management to return to work immediately or return you badge and folder. You'll be told that transportation will be provided by management however if you has your own you'll be expected to carry others with you and babysit them while trying to achieve your own goals. Which would of course be fine if you didn't have to add yet more milage to your day without so much as a thank you.
Future leader
Sales leader (Current Employee) –  Waterford5 November 2019
Working at Phonewatch is one of the greatest career moves I have ever made .I started working for Phonewatch 5 months ago and have progressed onto the future leader course which has giving me the confidence to lead my own team and couch new members of staff . I was hired with no sales experience and was trained up to this position .If your ever looking for a change in yogur career you can not work for a work for a better company that’s professional in everything they do
more lows than highs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway4 November 2019
Door to door sales is very demoralising. Constant rejection is hard to take and the chances of making a sale were low, generally only 2 a week. I feel that if the product was considerably cheaper it would be much more manageable.
Started here a week ago and already feel at home!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin18 October 2019
When I started at Phonewatch I couldn’t have felt more comfortable, everyone is so accommodating and genuinely wants to see you do well within the company.

The room for progression within phone watch is also the best I’ve seen from any job I’ve worked at, you can go from beginner to manager in rapid time if they see you are making the effort to do so.
Pros
No limit on how much money you make
Cons
I got 99 problems but phone watch aint one of them
Attitude is everything
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Donegal18 October 2019
With the right attitude, you can go far in this company very quickly. Support is always on hand and managers genuinely want to see you progress.
Be willing to learn, be positive and set goals for yourself.
Handiest job in Ireland. Love this gig.
Brilliant people and atmosphere
Future Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2019
Unbelievably rewarding job in terms of money. The members are always there to help out and advise. Brilliant training provided. I am working in phonewatch for about 8 months now. If you're looking to get into sales Phonewatch is the route to take. Absolutely no sales experience needed. They will give you all the tools needed to become independent sales agent. 👍👍👍

ready to
Quality training and great opportunities for advancement
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2019
If you are self motivated, there are plenty of opportunities for different career paths so you have a lot of flexibility both on the job and in the long term.
Amazing Place to work
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin North17 October 2019
I’ve been working at phonewatch a few weeks, and I am blown away! The Steps to Success training programme is amazing, I am learning something new every day. The people here are all great, everyone is so helpful! Working on the field is great fun too, the commission is amazing and the atmosphere is great. There is also lots of room for progression with the future leaders programme.
Pros
Office Atmosphere, Great commission, excellent training, Progression opportunities
Cons
Currently working here and I’m loving it. First time working in sales and I’ve got superb training making me feel very confident selling this product.
Direct sales (Current Employee) –  Waterford17 October 2019
This is a product I have great faith in, so I find it easy to sell as I believe it’s a quality product. Everybody I work with is very supportive and wants you to make sales and succeed in the job. You grow so much as a person working with this company and feel happy everyday coming into work.
Such a relaxed job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal17 October 2019
Fleck able hrs to work and really good to get on with them all I love working as they have a lot of goals to get and there is a big reward for everything you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.