Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews in Castlebar, County Mayo

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Great job
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
Overall, a really nice place to work!
I started in PhoneWatch a few months ago, when I came back home after travelling. I didn't have much experience, so it was a great way into a well-known Irish company.

The training and experience is really great, and I'm already on a programme that will help me work up to a job as a manager. To go from not knowing what I wanted to do, to having a proper idea of my career has been great. I now feel like I'm a good salesman, and I think i'll now always work in sales. Where I live there aren't too many jobs going, so I'm lucky to have a job where I can earn good money without having to move to Dublin, the atmosphere in our office is great, we're a close team, and already good friends. I'd recommend PhoneWatch to anyone, it's worth finding out for yourself.
Pros
Training and opportunties
Cons
You work hard, but you can earn good money doing it.
The culture is the best thing about this company
Training is fantastic at PhoneWatch. It really is a recipe for success. You're trained from the bottom up and it really doesnt whether you've never worked a day or your life in sales or whether you've done it for 20 years - everyone is given the same opportunity and training. Everyone comes in to train in the office before we head out into the field. The training is done in manageable steps so youre not overloaded with information and then thrown out to the wolves and expected to be able to sell. Youre trained fully over the space of a couple of weeks and work very closely with your manager until youre capable of selling independently yourself. The culture in the workplace is my favourite thing about working for PhoneWatch. Everyone is so down to earth and approachable. You're not just a number to this company, even very high up people within the company know you by name from a very early stage which is very rare. The hardest part of the job can be to bounce back if you've had a hard day, but with the right attitude and determination that shouldnt be an issue. I believed from a very early stage in my career that I had what it took to make a lot of money by working as a sales rep for PhoneWatch and I was right. I recently just got promoted to a Field Sales Manager after just 7 months working for the company (having never worked in sales before), so I am living proof that progression is there and can happen very quickly if you want it to. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be good at it and really getting into a good rythm of selling, its addictive!!
Pros
Progression can happen quickly if you want it to. Great incentives. Great culture. Great atmosphere.
Massive Opportunities
A real good energy around this job, i love it, the training is continuous and very well presented.
I have watched some of the top performing reps get promoted out to more senior roles very quickly, i have been on a paid holiday to Magaluf with the company. the culture and atmosphere is great throughout and the top bosses play a part in the training and really make you feel part of a team.

The skills and confidence i have got from working here will either set me up for a great career internally or open doors for a new adventure.

The Manager really makes you feel like you belong from the minute you start
Pros
Uncapped Commission, Culture, Training, Support, Opportunities
Cons
You cant work a Sunday
Huge career opportunities and money
The training provided and continuous support is great, the hours really suit as you have the mornings to hit the gym or chill out, best thing about a commission based pay is there is no cap and flexabilty with your days.

Don't be put off by some of the comments on here, you'll either love it or hate it, if you want to make some serious money while improving your CV this is the place.

It will open new career doors and give you many skills
Pros
Money is ridiculous, i saw one guy earn €800 in a day!
Cons
It rains a lot ya just have to man up
Positive Experience Overall
Overall positive experience. I got promoted onto a training course that I enjoyed and learned a good bit from. Definitely worth the experience. Good structure in the company and I had a good relationship with the manager who helped me too.
Pros
Opportunity to learn more
Cons
Spending too long at office