Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews for Direct Sales Representative

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Great job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath8 October 2019
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
In cv
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2020
In phonewatch we worked off commission which made things a competitive environment and each sale we got was 200 for just the one sale and then for hitting bonuses extra 550 every 7 sales
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Galway16 January 2020
Great place to work. Not for everyone but anyone with a bit of drive will have great success. Takes a couple of days to kick off but once i got the swing of how everything works the days flew. Good work ethic from the team to managment.
Pros
Hard work payed off
Great work place
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 December 2019
I find PhoneWatch to be a great work place not only for the experience and learning aspects but the people and management are very friendly and great to talk with.
You won't make any money and will be micromanaged
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Donegal2 December 2019
This is a great job for gaining sales experience but not much else. Lower management was good and fought hard to make sure that myself and other direct sales representatives were treated as fairly as possible but company rules and upper management made it extremely difficult. Commission only pay, no fuel allowance of any sort despite driving/traveling almost constantly for the job.

Regional management seems to do whatever it can to cancel your sales if you reach 7 sales in a month just to deny you your bonus. I had a savings account before I began this job but after just a few months I had almost completely depleted it as I needed to pay for diesel to get around for this job. The pay was dismal. They sell it to you in the interview so that you think that you're going to be paid fairly but I can guarantee that you won't be.

They have an incredibly high turnover rate when it comes to sales representatives. They justify it by saying that the job is tough and it takes a special type of salesperson to make it in the company but in reality, it's because it's a company that doesn't care about its employees and does what they can to both avoid paying their employees a fair wage and avoid paying taxes. Employees are made to register as self-employed so that the company doesn't have to sort your taxes for you. It also puts you in a very precarious position when it comes to job security. There is none.

There is a distinct lack of trust between Upper Management and the employees they manage. They micromanaged everyone. When you began knocking on doors you were required to pin
  more... your location in a WhatsApp group and again when you finished. This was so that they could check to make sure that you knocked on the number of doors that you reported at the end of the night. This was advertised as a job with flexible hours that you could work when you wanted to however, you were expected to be in the office from 12:45-14:30 (unpaid) then be knocking doors from 14:30-21:00 and were reprimanded if you started any later or finished earlier.

The only saving grace of this job was my manager and the other people in the office. Genuinely lovely people who made the job bearable.

Long story short, if you're looking to make money, this is not the job for you. If you're looking to be treated fairly, this is not the job for you. If you're looking to lose money and be taken advantage of then go ahead and work here.
Quality training and great opportunities for advancement
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2019
If you are self motivated, there are plenty of opportunities for different career paths so you have a lot of flexibility both on the job and in the long term.
Amazing Place to work
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin North17 October 2019
I’ve been working at phonewatch a few weeks, and I am blown away! The Steps to Success training programme is amazing, I am learning something new every day. The people here are all great, everyone is so helpful! Working on the field is great fun too, the commission is amazing and the atmosphere is great. There is also lots of room for progression with the future leaders programme.
Pros
Office Atmosphere, Great commission, excellent training, Progression opportunities
Perfect
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 October 2019
Working here is brilliant I would highly recommend working for phonewatch to absolutely anybody who is interested in learning and progressing in there career
Fun work place and great people to work with
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth4 October 2019
The people here care about your well-being, I felt the management was very nice and welcoming as well as the co-workers. They constantly push you to be the best that you can be.
Perpetually refreshing atmosphere
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth31 July 2019
There's always a sense of renewal with each day in the office, there is always an adaptive progression to the structure of each day adding to productivity. The outcome of each day reflects the momentum built up through each session of training. The geniality in the workplace is unlike any other, a sure and unique sense of cohesion.
Pros
Great congeniality
Cons
Motivation dependent
Unreal Opportunities
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin26 July 2019
Absolutely amazing atmosphere to work in. Amazing benefits, rewards and progression within the company. Such a great team spirit.
Highly recommend applying 💪🏼🔥
Excellent place to work!
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 July 2019
Great atmosphere and attitude within the company. Good sales training and great experience. I feel great coning into the office every day and going out into the field with my colleagues. Always encouraging you to do more and achieve your potential no matter what. Staff genuinely care about your wellbeing and work ethic
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal9 July 2019
I wouldn't recommend working for phone watch as i started with them and a few weeks later they told me to go because i didn't have a car there was other ones that didn't have a car and didn't tell them the same.
Fun and Supportive Culture
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2019
I started with PhoneWatch with no sales experience. From day one the management at PW offered great sales training and were with me every step of the way. What I really love about working with PhoneWatch is the fact that you can have fun while working hard. PhoneWatch really knows how to recognize and reward hard work -you have the opportunity to earn a lot of money! I would recommend anyone to give it a go, it's a really great experience to work with one of Irelands best companies!
Pros
Company Culture
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Ireland26 February 2019
Great company to work for
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth24 October 2018
I started working with Phonewatch over a month ago and I couldn't be happier. During my training they went over and beyond in giving me support, everyone is so helpful. The pay is excellent and I really enjoy the fact that if I work hard and achieve my goals I can win the chance to go away on foreign trips to amazing destinations.
Pros
Chances to go on trips, Great pay, progression opportunities.
Cons
Cant think of any.
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Cork22 August 2018
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2017
Phonewatch is a fun and great place to work for lovely staff managers who go out of there way to help you with any little detail and even your personal life
Pros
Basic pay and Comission, lovely enviroment
Cons
long hours, disheartening if you arent making sales
fun working with the phonewatch people
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin3 April 2017
good people, good atmosphere when in the headquarters for me, it was very difficult making sales but enjoyed my time being there with the people i was working with, you would get hard days then other great days !
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
walking, long hours