Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Great job
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
do not apply without previous sales experience
training sessions were generally good, but in reality if you don't have sales experience do not apply, as the phonewatch role is very demanding on your personal time with hours the managers say are flexible but in reality are not. there is also far too much monitoring of staff, and too much ambiguity over your employment status (phonewatch officially employ you but you have to do all your own taxes). it was a good learning experience to some degree but really not worth it - the self-hype of the company is very over the top as well.
Pros
training is good
Cons
lack of flexibility, too much paperwork for staff that admin should be taking care of instead
Friendly and fun workplace.
I worked with other salespeople and consumers. I felt the management was fair and helpful, and coworkers had a positive and motivational culture. Constant pushing to achieve more.
not a progressive career
Ignore the hype, this is not a good job, either for inexperienced staff or even experienced ones. There is no salary or sick days, you pay for all your own expenses, and you regularly have to put up with a lot of people who will slam the door in your face. There is a lot more to this job than having to "man up" as some people innocently suggest. I did get on great with my boss though in fairness and I would gladly work for him again.
Pros
Learned a lot from my boss, really nice guy
Cons
How long have you got?
waste of precious time
work hours were allover the place, and i would often be left standing in the rain with no shelter at 10-30 at night in oldcastle or some other place far from home waiting for my lift to finish their call backs. direct manager was great, but area manager is not a nice person at all, a typical robotic company man type. work culture was ok, but a little bit too cult-ish for my liking. hardest part was uncertain hours and frequently zero return for genuine hard work walking lonely roads late at night in the middle of nowhere. there was nothing enjoyable about working for them, and glad i'm back studying, and i have nothing to do with that awful area manger anymore
Pros
direct manager
Cons
area manager