Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch

PhoneWatch Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
PhoneWatch selected this as a representative review
Great job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath8 October 2019
Working with PhoneWatch the past couple of months and can not fault the company. From regional managers, Field sales managers and other reps working within the company you can always depend on someone to help you out if you are struggling. Hard work is definitely recognized in this company which can’t be said about many other company’s.
Good job
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 December 2019
Good job just don’t get paid it was commissions based so in my opinion it’s not worth it like it’s a good job if you want experience but that’s all it was a good place to work everyone had a great laugh was like a weird family but your not getting paid so what’s the point
They talk a good talk.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lower abbey street16 September 2019
Self praise is very often classed as no praise and indeed it is the case with this company. All the adverts and posters of the “right people” and the “right company” and pictures of the same smiley faces should not fool you.
This company made its own competitors when they offloaded people who gave them years of their time and effort when Sector took over the company. Ever since then, even the customers are caught up in a bitter argument with their rival companies. The whole ethos of the company is profit... What incentives does our employees have that we can cut and how many times can we increase the yearly costs of our customers and get away with it by making the maximum amount of profit.
There are lovely people in there who have worked for years and are being messed about by management and a union that are not worth your monthly subscription.
I never came across stress leave in any company I have worked for until I worked here and I have seen people being wheeled out into ambulances due to the stress the company puts their staff through.
Avoid.
Pros
There’s nice people working in there
Cons
They don’t care about your wellbeing, They will work you into quitting the job, They will reduce incentives and salaries, A Norwegian company aren’t going to be bothered about a union in Ireland and what they have to say
Unreal Opportunities
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin26 July 2019
Absolutely amazing atmosphere to work in. Amazing benefits, rewards and progression within the company. Such a great team spirit.
Highly recommend applying 💪🏼🔥
Tough work but great potential for the right person
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Limerick15 July 2019
I went in with no sales experience and didn't expect to do well. The training is great though. I gained a lot of confidence in dealing with people using various sales techniques which helped me get my current job.

My manager and colleagues were all lovely people and were eager to help me out if I needed some guidance or cheering up if I had a bad day.

I left ultimately because I couldn't commit to it long term. Late hours, no base pay and no covering of expenses are the three main problems I had. If you want to progress you need to deal with this for at least 7-8 months, I lasted barely 2.

Overall if you're tough enough to see past the negatives you can do well for yourself.
Pros
Generous commission, great training, nice people
Cons
Late hours, no salary, no expenses, tough work
not a progressive career
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2019
Ignore the hype, this is not a good job, either for inexperienced staff or even experienced ones. There is no salary or sick days, you pay for all your own expenses, and you regularly have to put up with a lot of people who will slam the door in your face. There is a lot more to this job than having to "man up" as some people innocently suggest. I did get on great with my boss though in fairness and I would gladly work for him again.
Pros
Learned a lot from my boss, really nice guy
Cons
How long have you got?
fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath13 May 2019
fun time not great commission pay makes it very difficult . long days with awkward working hours. management was very poor work collouges were great to work with.
Pros
fun
Cons
commission pay
fun environment
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ireland22 March 2019
iv worked with phonewatch for about a month, the job itself is getting customers to switch to our system and show them the benefits of it. office life was fun as it didnt feel like a office, management was superb and down to earth, the position i was in is a field sales rep so i would have to cold call on doors which was usually 100+ a day, not actually bad to be fair the only con to it is that it was a commission only role meaning if i didn't make sales i didn't make money. the commission is great and i have seen people there making easily 3,000 pm easily however to me it is a game of luck, overall do i recommend phonewatch? yes i do, for the simple fact that you never feel stressed, you always have fun and you just dont feel like youre working a job at all, if you can handle objections, lots of no's and willing to ride it out when its rough then go for it.
Pros
most relaxed chilled work environment
Cons
no salary, game of luck
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Ireland26 February 2019
Great people and great money
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 December 2018
Had no sales experience before hand and joined phonewatch and followed the steps to success training program and future leader program which was actually voted the best sales training program in Ireland last year and now I have realised why because it has turned me into a sales person in a short period of time, the training program lasts 3 weeks and happens in the office for an hour everyday so your constantly learning, the first week I got alot of help from everybody and somebody was always with me on the field and even helped me with my first few sales, the second week I was fulling independent and making my own sales, but once I finished the steps to success I then applied to the future leader program which is more advanced sales training program which basically turns you into a professional sales person, that lasts around 6-8 months with training taking place twice a month, after that there a lot of progression in the company with a lot of opportunities in short period of time. Overall it’s a great company to work for and the Commission Structure is very good and you could basically make a weeks salary in one day, it’s hard the first week but once you get on your feet you can be making a lot of money in one month if you have the right attitude and mentally for the job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway4 October 2018
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Cork22 August 2018
okay, but not great
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 May 2018
some positives - the bonuses and incentives are great, and get to travel to many places around dublin everyday. too many negatives - area boss ignored my requests for winter gear, and didnt take my concerns seriously over other complaints i had - got some serious nasty abuse on doorstep from one guy which both bosses i had (branch boss and area boss) just laughed off rather than taking me seriously

job was ok in some ways and definitely has its benefits but not a serious long term career option, when there are lots of better jobs out there with proper wages
Pros
great bonuses
Cons
the bosses don't stand up for you
Fun encouraging place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 April 2018
I have worked D2D jobs. I've have worked with companies that are unprofessional, don't give the training and support that is required for someone to be successful in a fields rep job.
Phonewatch offer great career opportunities with many benefits.
People think commission only is a bad thing. It's only bad if you don't put in the graft. I would highly recommend this company. I am really enjoying my time,wages and the people I work with. So as a current employee, I am happily going to recommend phonewatch and happily stay working here.
Pros
Excellent training, commission, managers and fun environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath13 March 2018
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2018
I liked working for phonewatch, I don't have anything bad to say. One thing I guess is the low base pay which if you want a mortgage it may cause an issure
Pros
company van
Cons
base pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare24 October 2017
Best company ive ever worked for
Sales concultant (Current Employee) –  Wexford2 June 2017
I love my job. Fantastic company. Pay is great and bonus' are out of this world. Free holidays, free nights away, road trips, MVP trips. All of these available with phonewatch
Pros
Free holidays
Cons
Not enough days in the week
Good first job experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath23 January 2017
Fantastic environment to work in great people. I gained very valuable experience while working for phonewatch however there are a lot of drawbacks when it comes to salary and expenses. Your earnings entirely depend on your sales. No sales no money which means it can be very unreliable. Also they expect you to cover all expenses including your fuel even though I was expected to drive one hour too two hours away from the office to get to our territory and st the same to time drive around other colleagues who do not drive. Very good for experience and building up your cv whilst enjoying yourself however very unstable and high staff turnover.
Pros
Fun and good experience
Cons
Salary
Good learning and productive
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare19 January 2017
Very good job but it did not suit me because I did not like going every day not guaranteed to bring home any money toward the end of my time working there I made no money at all
Commission only stay away
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Longford, County Laois1 September 2016
Walking around knocking doors trying to earn a living..no sales no pay.. just not worth it ..long hours and hard work should be rewarded but unfortunately commission only will never be the case
Pros
Not even one
Cons
Where do i start

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.