PhoneWatch

Ireland209 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Good

Good place to work no complaints from my side at all I liked the people there it went well for me mabey now for everyone one but was a grand job for me

Pros

People

Cons

Pay

Avoid

Avoid at all costs, commission based and no base salary, have to pay your own way to the middle of nowhere and spend money on lunches so you’re spending more than making, the managers act like they’re 16 year olds talking about junior staff behind their backs, would not recommend

Pros

Cons

Long hours, commission based not salary

It was OK highly stressful at times

I started working for phone watch in June of 2019. I really enjoyed my first year but that's about as good as it got. I left in April of 2022. Basic salary is below industry standards and alot is dependent on your ability to sell not your ability to actually maintain and install alarms. I was very adept at performing my roles as an engineer. I was trained on systems that most will not be however my basic wage never reflected my ability to do more than the average engineer could. I had a good ability to sell and met targets mostly but unfortunately your quality of work and ability to actually maintain and install alarms is overshadowed by the greed of the company trying to squeeze every last penny out of there clients pockets. Coupled with the fact that sales blatantly lie at point of sale about the capabilities of the alarm including but not limited to the coverage the basic system offers, warning customers not to pay attention to engineers who have a duty of care to advise on what sensors outside the basic package they need for coverage.Work life balance is poor as an engineer you can expect to work past your paid times with little chance of overtime pay. Sudden and drastic changes to your oncall rota. I and a colleague were switched from the leinster region bearing in mind we live in laois to the connacht region overnight with no communication until weeks after the fact. Stock is a continual problem and you can expect to go and meet fellow engineers outside your contracted hours to retrieve stock.Management leaves alot to be desired. If you happen to break your sub par -

Fun and easy job but money is hard to earn

Inconsistency of payment is the biggest downfall from working this job. If you can survive without some money from time to time you will like the job.

Fun environment

Best management I have ever worked withAlways there to help each other and new things to learn every day. every one gets treated with respect like you should be.

Pros

Trips and incentives

Cons

Good hours

Team culture is fantastic, building skills that will last for the rest of your career and satisfaction you get from the job is great.

Phonewatch is very helpful in the training in Phonewatch Sales Academy. During training, there is role play to help you get confident for selling in front of the customer. Sales Academy in Phonewatch is just the start of training as there is continuous training. The training happens in the morning before we head out to the field. Your confidence will grow each and every day. The benefits of working with Phonewatch is the working schedule, the rewards you get is the pay with the amount of work that you put in, the satisfaction you get when you have help the customer meet their specific needs is fantastic.

Pros

Money gained through the amount of work you put in. Team culture is unreal. Flexible work.

Cons

Bad weather

Excellent place to work.

PhoneWatch is such an amazing place to work, always lots to learn, flexible hours, amazing training, all offices make you feel so welcoming, over all 100%

Pros

Flexible hours, great people

Cons

Bad weather

Stressful but can be rewarding

Very relaxed and enjoyable office with amazing sales training. Pay is commission only which can be a burden if travelling from a distance. Sales training in office for 2 hours but then out knocking door to door for the next 5 hours trying to make sales

Pros

Relaxed and friendly work environment

Cons

No base salary

Amazing training

Training was fantastic and always good fun. But it’s impossible to get your money once you leave. They have no intentions of paying you and you end up having to chase for your bit of money which is ridiculous. Worked along some great people for the small while I was there but the fact it’s commission pay and no base pay they will try and get away with not paying you once you leave the job. I also know that this isn’t just a me problem I know others who are going through the same thing. I had full intentions of going back but in the future but now that I’m still chasing for my money a month later it’s really turned me off. Don’t say I’ll get paid when there is no intention to do so.

Fun and good experience

Very good experience interacting with people aswell as a positive and happy bunch of colleagues to be around daily, for somebody studying and working I managed to balance it out fairly well.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Commission based pay only

Brilliant working environment

I am currently an employee of Phonewatch in the position of field sales representative and it has been nothing but a brilliant experience! The interview itself was a very calming experience where the objective was to learn more about myself and what I can bring to the team. Having very little sales experience myself, the training I felt would have to be spot on in order to bring me up to a level to sell comfortably door to door. It did not disappoint! The training process is extremely efficient through the use of teaching you sales techniques step by step, where no day felt like an information overload. That said, the training was still quick enough to give you the confidence to be brave enough to knock some doors on your own, within a short space of time, so that you were earning money straight off the bat! The management system of having a team lead, local (Limerick) manager and regional manager, and even higher above that again, really enables any inexperienced staff to ask any question of any size and have the comfort that you’re going to get a correct, honest answer without the feeling you’ll be chastised for asking it. You are always incentivised to work at an optimum level through a very generous commission system and also rewarded with even more generous gifts, like vouchers, if you’ve managed to hit certain targets. The culture within the company is excellent. You’ll have successful days, and you’ll have less successful days but nonetheless, the team around you will be there to help you, praise you or even congratulate you when you have gotten a sale. It makes -

Pros

Excellent company culture from top to bottom

Cons

I had no sales experience before starting with phonewatch. I have been employed here over a year. Its a great place to work not just money wise (uncapped comission) but the career opportunities that open up to you once you start with phonewatch are unbelievable.

Pros

Great money, you work with lovely people, incentives, work life balance like no other company

Fun and excitement

Flexible hours , free lunch great fun and excitement in the Cavan office. Management and team very helpful and provides great training for all overall fantastic place to work

Great salary

Great place to work full of opportunities to grow within the company.Its a commission based only but theres no pressure and you can make as much money as you want all you need is to be determined and goal focused to have fun and make money .

Pros

Money

Excelent place to work at

Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help you succeed! The team is amazing and the team work is wonderdul! It is a job that challenges you and makes you excited to go work everyday. I started with no experience in sales but they provide quality training so you can improve your skills and they give you great opportunities to succeed within the company.

Pros

Salary and work atmosphere

Competitive but enjoyable

Real good atmosphere around the workplace. Everyone very friendly and competitive. Plenty of incentives to work hard for bonus pay etc. Commission based pay offers hugs motivation

Pros

Talking to people

Cons

Very bad hours

Fun, engaging workplace

Enjoy the fun environment, The workplace is always trying to improve our skillset and provides that training in a fun engaging way. People within the office are supportive and help you succeed.

Pros

Free lunches after training, late start

Cons

Long hours when travelling out far

Kihívásokkal teli munkahely

Érdekes minden nap új kihívásokkal teli munkahely,

Pros

Mobil, autó használat, üza kártya, beteg szabi

Cons

Nincs

Great environment to work in

I worked in the Castlebar branch for PhoneWatch and I genuinely had a great time working there. The manager and future leader I was working with were top class gents and helped me gain confidence working in direct sales. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in starting out in sales as you’ll get a great on the job training and can really learn from your manager and the future leaders. The uncapped commission based salary offers everyone the chance to make good money.

Pros

Great work environment, uncapped commission

Cons

Can be difficult to find your feet but keep trying

Underpaid and Overworked

There is an illusion of inclusivity, progression and uncapped earning potential. In reality, you end up working 60+ hours a week (on a 40 hour salary) to try and hit unachievable targets, you deal with toxic management and a clique nature, and progression is limited to a classroom based development course that never actually leads anywhere within the company.Upper management are too busy to listen to any genuine concerns and lower management spend most of the day micro-managing every aspect of the day that you get even less time to work.

Pros

Company car, varied work areas

Cons

Unpaid overtime, lack of progression

Challenging and rewarding

Excellent atmosphere. Second to none training and great support from management. Plenty opportunity for progression. Good pay and perks, nice place to work with friendly staff and management. Continuous training during lockdowns with the opportunity to make sales. Self employed role so you are in control of your own salary, great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement