PhoneWatch
PhoneWatch Employee Review

Motivation

5 August 2019
The atmosphere while working is amazing. Door to door sales is a lot harder than you'd think but there is always a group of people to help and support you alone the way as you progress through the career.
5.0Job security/advancement
11 November 2020
Same role
Field Sales Representative/Future Leader (Current Employee) - Wexford
I have work with Phonewatch just over a year now. From day one you are made to feel like one of the team. I like the fact Phonewatch offers quick progression within the company, I was with the company just 2 months before I was accepted on to their Future Leaders course. This course is an award winning management program that when successfully completed gives you a passport to be able to work in other departments of the company i.e Management, Couching etc. I also love the fact that hard work is not only recognised but is reward. The commission they pay is fantastic if you put in the work you reap the rewards. They look after their employees as well with things like top sales rep trips, prizes, kick off parties etc. Being a field sale representative has really done so much for my confidence. I'd highly recommend this job it would a great start to your career.
23 November 2019
Same role
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
During your training period in rural counties you are expected to travel excessive miles for your experience in getting sales. This inevitable leads to a loss in income. There is no job security and got forbid you'd need a few sick days. Hounded my management to return to work immediately or return you badge and folder. You'll be told that transportation will be provided by management however if you has your own you'll be expected to carry others with you and babysit them while trying to achieve your own goals. Which would of course be fine if you didn't have to add yet more milage to your day without so much as a thank you.
20 March 2020
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dundalk, County Louth
training sessions were generally good, but in reality if you don't have sales experience do not apply, as the phonewatch role is very demanding on your personal time with hours the managers say are flexible but in reality are not. there is also far too much monitoring of staff, and too much ambiguity over your employment status (phonewatch officially employ you but you have to do all your own taxes). it was a good learning experience to some degree but really not worth it - the self-hype of the company is very over the top as well.
Pros
training is good
Cons
lack of flexibility, too much paperwork for staff that admin should be taking care of instead