Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch
PhoneWatch Employee Review

not a progressive career

19 May 2019
Ignore the hype, this is not a good job, either for inexperienced staff or even experienced ones. There is no salary or sick days, you pay for all your own expenses, and you regularly have to put up with a lot of people who will slam the door in your face. There is a lot more to this job than having to "man up" as some people innocently suggest. I did get on great with my boss though in fairness and I would gladly work for him again.
Pros
Learned a lot from my boss, really nice guy
Cons
How long have you got?
20 March 2020
training sessions were generally good, but in reality if you don't have sales experience do not apply, as the phonewatch role is very demanding on your personal time with hours the managers say are flexible but in reality are not. there is also far too much monitoring of staff, and too much ambiguity over your employment status (phonewatch officially employ you but you have to do all your own taxes). it was a good learning experience to some degree but really not worth it - the self-hype of the company is very over the top as well.
Pros
training is good
Cons
lack of flexibility, too much paperwork for staff that admin should be taking care of instead
10 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I worked with other salespeople and consumers. I felt the management was fair and helpful, and coworkers had a positive and motivational culture. Constant pushing to achieve more.
11 March 2020
It is a fun place too work staff and management are lovely but it is commission only basis also if you have to travel anywhere to do your door to door sales you have to pay for your own transport to and from these areas.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhoneWatch. Our community is ready to answer.