Play YouTube video button
PhoneWatch
PhoneWatch Employee Review

The culture is the best thing about this company

25 May 2019
Training is fantastic at PhoneWatch. It really is a recipe for success. You're trained from the bottom up and it really doesnt whether you've never worked a day or your life in sales or whether you've done it for 20 years - everyone is given the same opportunity and training. Everyone comes in to train in the office before we head out into the field. The training is done in manageable steps so youre not overloaded with information and then thrown out to the wolves and expected to be able to sell. Youre trained fully over the space of a couple of weeks and work very closely with your manager until youre capable of selling independently yourself. The culture in the workplace is my favourite thing about working for PhoneWatch. Everyone is so down to earth and approachable. You're not just a number to this company, even very high up people within the company know you by name from a very early stage which is very rare. The hardest part of the job can be to bounce back if you've had a hard day, but with the right attitude and determination that shouldnt be an issue. I believed from a very early stage in my career that I had what it took to make a lot of money by working as a sales rep for PhoneWatch and I was right. I recently just got promoted to a Field Sales Manager after just 7 months working for the company (having never worked in sales before), so I am living proof that progression is there and can happen very quickly if you want it to. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be good at it and really getting into a good rythm of selling, its addictive!!
Pros
Progression can happen quickly if you want it to. Great incentives. Great culture. Great atmosphere.
23 November 2019
Same role
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
During your training period in rural counties you are expected to travel excessive miles for your experience in getting sales. This inevitable leads to a loss in income. There is no job security and got forbid you'd need a few sick days. Hounded my management to return to work immediately or return you badge and folder. You'll be told that transportation will be provided by management however if you has your own you'll be expected to carry others with you and babysit them while trying to achieve your own goals. Which would of course be fine if you didn't have to add yet more milage to your day without so much as a thank you.
16 October 2019
Same role
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Dundalk
Top class working environment , great way to learn new skills and excel in sales , Very fast progression route to build a career within the company ! Best thing I ever done was to move to Phonewatch!
7 June 2019
Same location
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Castlebar, County Mayo
I started in PhoneWatch a few months ago, when I came back home after travelling. I didn't have much experience, so it was a great way into a well-known Irish company.

The training and experience is really great, and I'm already on a programme that will help me work up to a job as a manager. To go from not knowing what I wanted to do, to having a proper idea of my career has been great. I now feel like I'm a good salesman, and I think i'll now always work in sales. Where I live there aren't too many jobs going, so I'm lucky to have a job where I can earn good money without having to move to Dublin, the atmosphere in our office is great, we're a close team, and already good friends. I'd recommend PhoneWatch to anyone, it's worth finding out for yourself.
Pros
Training and opportunties
Cons
You work hard, but you can earn good money doing it.