Pieta House

Pieta House Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews

Great therapists lack of respext from.mangement

Great aupport from locak centre and surronded by some great prople.I met some greatbt people in Pieta House and had a great local manager. The therapists wew wonderful people. Generslly surronded by very suuportive people.Management showed very little respect for therapisrs. Management showed very little understanding for rherapist work.

Pros

Great team in the Centre felt ver supported.

Cons

Mangement had no respect for therspists

Awful company to work for

One of the worst places I’ve ever worked to date. Management are horrible and very un supportive. Zero empathy or care given to therapists. Reported burnout and I got ignored and was told ‘tough.’ All they do is consistently dish out work. The more you give the more they take. Manager isn’t even qualified to work therapeutically with vulnerable clients and is business orientated. Making clinical decisions that are entirely unsafe, highly unethical and sometimes very dangerous for clients well-being as a result.

Pros

Meeting like minded therapists

Cons

Awful management & no support.

Management gave Zero support

This company worked like a conver belt, get clients in and out on the hour! We were given no time to write up files the in house support was extremely bad, Psychotherapists on the ground were left to fend for themselves. The more you gave the more pieta House took, The company was more about the public image and promotion they utilised young psychotherapists voluntary fresh out of college and gave very very little support in return. It was the worst most negative atmosphere I ever worked in.

Pros

Met great clients

Cons

No In house supervision

Awful management and treatment of therapists

By far one of the worst places I have ever worked in my entire life. Most of the management have jumped ship. A lot of them were unfit to run a sweet shop, The therapists work hard for their clients. Therapists experience high burnout, badly paid and not looked after. It was an awful experience working there. It is not more a profit corporation than a service. They have over 10m profit as per their 2019 financial statement and pay their therapists peanuts. Its all about the money now unfortunately.

Pros

Therapists are good at what they do.

Cons

Shocking and unkind management and paid a paltry wage..no care given to staff.

Negative feeling overall. No support especially when there is a crisis. There is no consistency either. There is very low energy in the place also.

Cork pieta house very poor, unprofessional management, no boundaries, very negative and critical. My experience is a lot of criticism and undermining, it scared me also that this type of management is not being addressed more

Very rewarding and lovely to work for

Meeting new people every day,learning new computer skills all the time,working with positive out going people and job satisfaction, Up dating your skills while working there been allowed to do different courses like data protection, computer skills, fist aid and fire safety

Pros

meeting different people from different back rounds and learning

Cons

awkward hours

Excellent

Very supportive environment. High risk clients - intensity can be demanding. Great learning. High level of self care required. Wonderful charity to be involved with.

Pros

Great people

Cons

intensity of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pieta House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pieta House with

Learn about Pieta House in popular locations

• Pieta House
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?