Polonez

Polonez Employee Reviews

Having worked as part of the Polonez team for over a month I am confident in recommending this place of work to anyone. The shop is always busy and you get to learn and gain valuable experience at the highest level. From the first day, the management provides fantastic training and you get to feel included into the team straight away. The company is currently seeing a lot of positive changes and I feel confident that I made the correct career decision.
Pros
Busy and engaging work environment
It is decent job, if you work hard you have no problem, they give you hours. I am responsible and get along with supervisor. We do all is needed, put products on shelf, help customers, clean, report problems to supervisor, work at check out. We get along with collegues, have good time at work. We get equiptment from company, gloves, masks. We also have stuff discount for products. It is good job.
Pros
Stuff discount
Cons
during busy times - holidays, their is a lot of work
I have joined the team recently and I am really happy about being a part of Polonez Family. I found my coworkers to be very nice and friendly, the management of the company is provided in the very professional manner. There is opportunity to grow and I can see that the company is doing their best to improve their business and to care about employees. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
friendly environment, good management
I work at Polonez as sales assistant for 4 years. I like working with people, I like taking care of the store and that everything looks nice. Now I transferred to a new store, modern design, very clean, amazing store!! I like that i see that the company is changing, is growing. New stores, new products, new promotions. We always have promo-campaigns and good prices. and i see customers like it. I learned a lot of things. I made a lot of friends, also from Poland. I even met my husband at Polonez :) And of course i am grateful))) I will recommend to work here. i feel in few years this company will be very very big. and i want to be part of this change.
Pros
interesting work, working with people, making friends, big community
Cons
sometimes too much work in little time
I had the pleasure to work for this company for 2 years now. I started as a Sales Assistant, but now I am a Supervisor Assistant in Dublin. I think that the company is doing its best in order to improve and they are updating their procedures and policies continuously. The interview was easy and they were open from the beginning in relation to my job description. The recruiter was easygoing and professional. The payment is weekly and their HR team that is very nice and they are willing to help the employees as much as they can. Of course there are some things that still need improvement, but all in all is a great place to work, with many goodhearted people.
Pros
weekly payment, great team, in store discount, multicultural environment
Cons
sometimes we get the roster a bit late, you need to cover the mates that are sick
Great people and colleagues, fantastic social opportunities, decent career progression. is a great company to start.Very good environment and flexibility.
I applied for the position of a store assistant and after my interview I was told that I got the job. The next day I went in for a 4 hour training. On the day I was told the training is unpaid and I was thrown on the floor by an unpleasant floor manager who simply told me to stack jars. I was not told what to do exactly, how to do it, etc. She just left me there without telling me or showing me how to do anything and had the audacity to get annoyed at me everytime I approached her with a question about something. She was extremely unhelpful and rude. At the end of the 4 hours she told me I’m not the kind of person they are looking for and when I asked her what I did wrong the only thing she could tell me was that I stacked the shelves “a bit too slow” and that’s all. I found this confusing and stressful as the lady that interviewed me the day before assured me I got the position. They used me and got 4 hours of free labour from me because that was not training. I would wholeheartedly not recommend working with that company as they lie and use you and the management is very unpleasant to deal with.
The poorest managment I ever worked for, no support from the main Manager, stressful work with constant dissatisfaction. No communication, no team work, intimidation by the Store Manager, mobing, lack of competence in the Manager's position. Employee exploitation, no overtime payment. No reaction from Regional Manager to bullying at work. Happy to do not work there anymore. A disrespectful company at every turn.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, no overtime payment, mobbing
Pay is frequently,communication is on minimum,you are always responsible for what u do either way you will be blamed.long hours of work all day in shop. If you are new they are using u constantly just they dont have to work. Not so helpful staff.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, communication, benefits
In 8 months I was promoted as Assistant Store Manager (started as Sales Assistant). It's not boring and there are many new things that you learn daily. I am grateful to my colleagues for their friendship and support. The company is in a continuous development process. It is good for people who want to build something, develop and grow with the company. The salary is good, more than the average on the market in the retail field. I recommend it to anyone who wants to work honestly, learn and grow.
No, no, never work for them. Lack of training for staff, no communication, bed treatment of workers. Horrible work culture , strange people in charge, no respect for hard working people.
Is a job that requires speed in work, kindness and diplomacy in communication. Pay attention to details. you must always be kind and very productive.
Horrible manager at swords store, incompetent, coward. No training from his side, didn't even meet him at all! Very very cold in the shop, all staff is always sick
Osoby przełożone są niewyszkolone, nie dbają o pracowników. Pracodawca nie wywiązuje się z obietnic danych na samym początku. Najgorsza praca w moim życiu!
Bad stuff, bad management. Overall very bad place to work. Mean people especially people in leadership. Avoid at any cost. And I was just intern there. I saw people who work there crying every day.
An employer who cheats employees. After two months of continuous question about the contract, we were informed that we are not registered with renewiu as employees. Taxes were not paid. Salary below the lowest pay rate.
Day by day they release and have not given the girl contract at work very nice and helpful, few hours of work can not earn well and at the start of the self-courses that cost over one hundred euros
Work in the Polonez, began from 10 a.m. I was responsible for opening and closing the store. I had to watch the expiry date of products. I was making orders and received goods.Overestimate products, shop Kepper. At the end of the day I was responsible for the report. The nicest moments in my job is when I heard from the customers that their happy. The worst moments were when I worked alone and I was not able to handle the people as quickly and efficiently as I wanted.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes we had to work alone.
work in the shop, full-time, but low paid, without the possibility of development. during operation I had an accident - I broke my hand. I went through two operations. The employer after a year on sick slowed me
Pros
direct contact with client
Cons
the lack of opportunities for development, career advancement