Poundland

Poundland Employee Reviews

As a employee of 6 years and a supervisor of near 4 years, this company gives poor opputunity for progression. If the face doesnt fit u will be over looked.. Poor wages, recent pay rise supervisors only earn extra 20p an hour a week, so if someone is on ur same 30 hour contract u earn extra £6 a week for doing 10 times the work and having all the reponsibilty on ur shoulders.. Wages have had drastic cut backs and they expect the same work being done with higher standards and expectations and even higher targets, and if targets aren't met ur weekly hours will be cut even more which only causes more stress and pressure on managers and staff.. Don't get me wrong i use to enjoy working for this company but the past 2 years its just got harder and harder with so many cut back throughout the company. They dont appreciate the staff or the work they put in as their bonuses (non existent) and hourly pay rate reflects that..Currently looking for a new job, sooner im out the better if im honest..
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else
My managers and coworkers are very attentive and ready to help. I learned a lot at this company, wonderful people, good place to work for. Great time!
Excelente empresa, localizada em Dublin na Irlanda
I was in dealz in dun laoghaire and it was the worst place I've ever worked in there and one of the assistant managers was just a horrible human altogether hated her so much she treated me like dirt and she was as useless couldn't do anything at all ... I walked out after a week of being because I couldn't work at a work place that belittles you treats you like dirt
A brilliant work force in my local Dealz we worked hard but also had fun and was rewarded for extra work like around Xmas time and so on. The management are real easy to work for and if you ever had a problem you could talk to them no problem only thing was not enough hours some weeks to make ends meet but that is to be expected in any job. Overall a brilliant place to work and made a few new friends too.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
training in this company was excellent, alot of problem resolution skills gained in my time there. Central location made accessibility easy for any employee there.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
lack of hours sometimes bad communication.
Dealz is a great company to work for I feel that i have learned a large amount about dealing with people both customers and managerial staff.
Pros
Pleasant staff
Cons
Little breaks and poor hours