Poundland Employee Review

excellent customer training.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal29 January 2017
training in this company was excellent, alot of problem resolution skills gained in my time there. Central location made accessibility easy for any employee there.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
lack of hours sometimes bad communication.

Other Poundland Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin29 September 2019
I was in dealz in dun laoghaire and it was the worst place I've ever worked in there and one of the assistant managers was just a horrible human altogether hated her so much she treated me like dirt and she was as useless couldn't do anything at all ... I walked out after a week of being because I couldn't work at a work place that belittles you treats you like dirt
Poor place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ireland9 April 2019
As a employee of 6 years and a supervisor of near 4 years, this company gives poor opputunity for progression. If the face doesnt fit u will be over looked.. Poor wages, recent pay rise supervisors only earn extra 20p an hour a week, so if someone is on ur same 30 hour contract u earn extra £6 a week for doing 10 times the work and having all the reponsibilty on ur shoulders.. Wages have had drastic cut backs and they expect the same work being done with higher standards and expectations and even higher targets, and if targets aren't met ur weekly hours will be cut even more which only causes more stress and pressure on managers and staff.. Don't get me wrong i use to enjoy working for this company but the past 2 years its just got harder and harder with so many cut back throughout the company. They dont appreciate the staff or the work they put in as their bonuses (non existent) and hourly pay rate reflects that..Currently looking for a new job, sooner im out the better if im honest..
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poundland. Our community is ready to answer.