Pramerica Systems Ireland

Pramerica Systems Ireland Employee Reviews

Featured review
Pramerica Systems Ireland selected this as a representative review
Busy productive environment
Productive and interesting, no two days are the same and constantly learning new things.
I have learned a range of new skills such as managing people, influence and negotiation skills and ethics in the work place.
Pros
Recognition Awards
Cons
Short Staffed
busy workplace
Everything is there what you can ask for as a software developer, innovation driven company and awesome colleagues.Very good company for work life balance
Good company to work for would return easy going relaxed workstyle great opportunities to progress both through internal training and subsidized degrees.
Twice per year
Yes, my review.....I would recommend Pramerica as a place of employment for career growth, opportunity, talent Development, mentoring and continued learning.
A good company that invest in your learning and career progression. They allow you to progress your career even if it means you wish to move to a different sector within the company. They allow flexible working hours which works well for families.
Not a great place to work
There is a bad work ethic culture in pramerica, if you have a problem you can't grasp there is no one to turn to for help. I worked there for nine weeks and from day one I was bullied so I got up and left, I always got the impression that I was not wanted by my team lead.
Good work place for freshers
Work Culture is good and the management will hear the employee problems. I have learned to improve my interpersonal and presentation skills. The hardest part of the job is lot of meeting that not related to your role.
Entry Level opportunities but not for seasoned professionals
Excellent opportunities to start your career if you don't mind low pay but limited professional development as management layer have little to no external experience so exist in a bubble
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Have to follow the company line even though most employees regard it only as rhetoric
Finance Analyst
A typical day is 9.30am to 6pm but this can vary between departments. You are permitted 55 mins of breaks during the day and these can be taken at any time.The company embraces the American corporate culture and so there are numerous Town Halls,Village Halls and other meetings that you have to attend - even at high workload times.
Many tasks can be repetitive but workloads can also be unrealistically high. Overtime is expected but unpaid. Strict deadlines must be met and so this can often lead to a very poor work/life balance.

The pay structure is ridiculously poor for new recruits and low level employees. Take home pay is on a par with the current minimum pay levels. The company promotes financial wellness programmes but this is not reflected in the salaries been offered. The company also offers an attractive pension but such incentives are not always affordable to all and that is disappointing.

Career progression can also be problematic and frustrating. There are many training courses on offer but selection for these courses appear to be run with a very ad-hoc approach. You can apply for a course on offer but never hear anything back. Other courses take a more formal approach - interview and presentation - and this can be off-putting for some.

Depending on your department, you may be on American bank holidays. This leads to having days off when others are working. You then have to work Irish holidays - such as St Patrick's Day. This again can be frustrating.

In many departments your christmas holiday entitlement is restricted to just christmas day thus resulting in having
 - more...
Pros
The people who work there.
Cons
Minimum wage, workloads, unpaid overtime, poor work life balance
Supportive and Innovative Workplace
As a senior data analyst I specialize in Data Analytics, mostly using the format of visualization, producing interactive dashboards and reports. My role entails receiving raw data that I must question, clean, manipulate and therefore provide insight on. This may be in the form of R (for Big Data) or excel and subsequently delivering findings via Tableau, Power BI and a wealth of other reporting platforms.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limitations for progression
Good staff, but not very competitive
Nice new building and area to work in. Talented and well educated staff. Depending on the type of position, this company tends to lag behind the competition in terms of a competitive salary.
Hard to advance
I've been at Pramerica for 13 years and have found it consistently difficult to advance in my career. Work is varied and interesting, management styles can be mixed and not always supportive. The pay is well below the national average for my field and now that I'm PMP certified, the company is not making any effort to help me move to the next level in my career despite excellent feedback from customers and colleagues.
Pros
Great people, good infrastructure
Cons
frustrating micro management
Pramerica
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland. At Pramerica, we provide a vast range of business and technology services to our parent company, Prudential Financial, Inc.
Pros
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland.
Cons
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland.
Great culture and amazing people
Loved working for Pramerica and I advanced my career. The projects were challenging and managed properly. The team is very supportive. The culture throughout the company was outstanding.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay
Great place to work, great perks
Great work atmosphere, Great perks, Great staff,Work from home option, Trips to Us, Great office, new building, plenty of scope for promotions, relaxed office working.
Big opportunities with this company
Enjoyable company to work for.
Friendly office environment.

Fast pace environment meaning there is always opportunities to up skill your profile.

Great Job satisfaction as working product can be seen regularly
good
Good company to work and great work life balance, Diverse work force

A typical day includes meetings with US counterparts and discussing the status of ongoing projects.
Pros
Scope to learn new things
Cons
late shifts
Excellent work life balance and great place to work
Excellent work life balance and great place to work. Excellent people and super career progression opportunities and training opportunities available.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Give everyone a Chance
Work is extremely varied

The company support multiple arms of the parent company

Pramerica take on people from non tech backgrounds
Pros
Great opportunity's to up skill
Cons
long hours, glass ceiling
Good place to start in IT.
Pramerica is a good place to gain skills in phone etiquette and to the taste for a career in IT. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance your career with various in-house courses, all paid for.
It generally has a great atmosphere with a lot going on at the one time, but this constantly increasing workload can have a strain on morale, as well as management.
Productive, good work colleagues, excellent training
When I first got a job within Pramerica (Prudential Insurance Company of America). I was brought in to process customers checks into their personal retirement account. I constantly met my targets and when I finished in that department three months later I had the highest accuracy of 98.9%. Seldom did I make mistakes, attention to detail is one of greatest attributes. I then moved to the Technical Support Call Centre, I did so because I noticed there was a way to further advance my education and also move up the ladder.
Year one, We provided general maintenance on customers policies, as well as updating their information or providing customers information of the latest products available to them. I also provided technical support for three of the company's websites. We gave our customers product advice, and also dealt with customer complaints. We where also the whole of Prudential's worldwide switchboard.

Year two; I did all the same as year one but I developed my skills within the company, by taking a Team Leader course I advanced to a Senior Customer Representative. Now I was responsible for the learning and development of both existing and new employees. I was the link between the management in the United States and the employee in the front line. Because i was the trainer I was often trying to develop ways to expand current training, while monitoring and reviewing the progress of new hires.

Management within Prudential are fantastic. They provide you with the skills to do your job to the highest standard while also providing you with further information that may help
 - more...
Pros
Advancement within the company
Cons
Unsociable hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pramerica Systems Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9