Pramerica Systems Ireland Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal4 October 2019
There is a bad work ethic culture in pramerica, if you have a problem you can't grasp there is no one to turn to for help. I worked there for nine weeks and from day one I was bullied so I got up and left, I always got the impression that I was not wanted by my team lead.
Good work place for freshers
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal19 August 2019
Work Culture is good and the management will hear the employee problems. I have learned to improve my interpersonal and presentation skills. The hardest part of the job is lot of meeting that not related to your role.
Entry Level opportunities but not for seasoned professionals
Employee (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal24 April 2019
Excellent opportunities to start your career if you don't mind low pay but limited professional development as management layer have little to no external experience so exist in a bubble
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Have to follow the company line even though most employees regard it only as rhetoric
Busy productive environment
Productive and interesting, no two days are the same and constantly learning new things.
I have learned a range of new skills such as managing people, influence and negotiation skills and ethics in the work place.
Pros
Recognition Awards
Cons
Short Staffed
Finance Analyst
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal29 November 2018
A typical day is 9.30am to 6pm but this can vary between departments. You are permitted 55 mins of breaks during the day and these can be taken at any time.The company embraces the American corporate culture and so there are numerous Town Halls,Village Halls and other meetings that you have to attend - even at high workload times.
Many tasks can be repetitive but workloads can also be unrealistically high. Overtime is expected but unpaid. Strict deadlines must be met and so this can often lead to a very poor work/life balance.
The pay structure is ridiculously poor for new recruits and low level employees. Take home pay is on a par with the current minimum pay levels. The company promotes financial wellness programmes but this is not reflected in the salaries been offered. The company also offers an attractive pension but such incentives are not always affordable to all and that is disappointing.
Career progression can also be problematic and frustrating. There are many training courses on offer but selection for these courses appear to be run with a very ad-hoc approach. You can apply for a course on offer but never hear anything back. Other courses take a more formal approach - interview and presentation - and this can be off-putting for some.
Depending on your department, you may be on American bank holidays. This leads to having days off when others are working. You then have to work Irish holidays - such as St Patrick's Day. This again can be frustrating.
In many departments your christmas holiday entitlement is restricted to just christmas day thus resulting in having
  more... to work christmas eve and boxing day (depending on the days that they fall on). You are also expected to work weekends when required and this overtime is unpaid. Such working conditions leads to frustrated employees and is a factor in the turnover rates of staff in certain areas.Annual leave is on a par with other companies but there can be restrictions depending on where you are deployed. Some staff can take leave at christmas but others are not permitted to. In a calendar year, some are entitled to take leave at any time over the 52 weeks whereas others are restricted to take their annual leave within particular windows - this can be limited within 40 weeks during the year.
This is a good company to work for if you use it to your advantage. Work hard and gain the necessary experience in your field. Having Pramerica on your CV can help to open doors for future opportunities. If you are willing to accept the low levels of pay and poor work/life balance for 18/24 months, then working for Pramerica can definitely benefit your career prospects - but outside of Pramerica and not within it.
Pros
The people who work there.
Cons
Minimum wage, workloads, unpaid overtime, poor work life balance
Supportive and Innovative Workplace
Senior Data Analyst/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal9 November 2018
As a senior data analyst I specialize in Data Analytics, mostly using the format of visualization, producing interactive dashboards and reports. My role entails receiving raw data that I must question, clean, manipulate and therefore provide insight on. This may be in the form of R (for Big Data) or excel and subsequently delivering findings via Tableau, Power BI and a wealth of other reporting platforms.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limitations for progression
Good staff, but not very competitive
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny15 October 2018
Nice new building and area to work in. Talented and well educated staff. Depending on the type of position, this company tends to lag behind the competition in terms of a competitive salary.
Hard to advance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal21 August 2018
I've been at Pramerica for 13 years and have found it consistently difficult to advance in my career. Work is varied and interesting, management styles can be mixed and not always supportive. The pay is well below the national average for my field and now that I'm PMP certified, the company is not making any effort to help me move to the next level in my career despite excellent feedback from customers and colleagues.
Pros
Great people, good infrastructure
Cons
frustrating micro management
Pramerica
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ireland17 June 2018
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland. At Pramerica, we provide a vast range of business and technology services to our parent company, Prudential Financial, Inc.
Pros
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland.
Cons
Pramerica Systems Ireland LTD, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland.
Great place to work, great perks
OCC Server Web Analyst (Current Employee) –  IE29 December 2017
Great work atmosphere, Great perks, Great staff,Work from home option, Trips to Us, Great office, new building, plenty of scope for promotions, relaxed office working.
Big opportunities with this company
Senior Associate Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny27 September 2017
Enjoyable company to work for.
Friendly office environment.
Fast pace environment meaning there is always opportunities to up skill your profile.

Great Job satisfaction as working product can be seen regularly
Excellent work life balance and great place to work
QA Systems Tester (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny14 September 2015
Excellent work life balance and great place to work. Excellent people and super career progression opportunities and training opportunities available.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Give everyone a Chance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Donegal5 April 2015
Work is extremely varied

The company support multiple arms of the parent company

Pramerica take on people from non tech backgrounds
Pros
Great opportunity's to up skill
Cons
long hours, glass ceiling
Good place to start in IT.
Associate Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, Co. Donegal20 October 2014
Pramerica is a good place to gain skills in phone etiquette and to the taste for a career in IT. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance your career with various in-house courses, all paid for.
It generally has a great atmosphere with a lot going on at the one time, but this constantly increasing workload can have a strain on morale, as well as management.
Productive and fun work place
BRAND MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, DL22 April 2014
I was Brand Manager at Pramerica Systems Ireland from April 2013 to October 2013. At Pramerica they believe in career progression and "owning your own career". I am a perfect example of this.
I began working in Pramerica as a Customer Service Representative in October 2012. I had a team leader who held regular meeting with myself and our team to go over goals and objectives. After six months I applied for the position of Brand Manager. Pramerica try to fill vacant positions internally if the right candidate is available.
In my short time as Brand Manager I gained in-depth and irreplaceable knowledge. Working in Pramerica you are surrounded by "the best" and it pushes you to strive for better things in your life. The structure and constant development in the business is outstanding; it helped me develop in both a professional and personal sense.
My co-workers were fantastic and really made my job that more enjoyable. Simple things like a birthday cake or a chat about the weekends football, all the small things that made the office have a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere.
Management were always approachable and they cared about the "little guy". They would always have time to talk or lend a helping hand and this was really a theme that flowed throughout the business. It created what they called the "Pramerica experience".
I am very thankful to Pramerica for giving me the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Great work ethic but easy to build career
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Donegal, Ireland27 January 2014
This was my first QA job. I had learnt so much here. I was brought into Pramerica through an internship. I was thrown straight into a project that I was responsible for myself and reported back to the business partner in the USA. I learnt so much in a quick time frame and this helped me with my confidence a lot as I had to learn to adapt quickly to the new role. I had others there for back up if required but I was able to hold my own.
Pros
People where a good support
Cons
Thrown in the deep end