Pramerica Systems Ireland

Pramerica Systems Ireland Employee Reviews in Letterkenny, County Donegal

Letterkenny, County Donegal20 reviews
Featured review
Pramerica Systems Ireland selected this as a representative review
Productive and interesting, no two days are the same and constantly learning new things.
I have learned a range of new skills such as managing people, influence and negotiation skills and ethics in the work place.
Pros
Recognition Awards
Cons
Short Staffed
Fantastic company for internal training/mentoring programs to get you the knowledge required for your job, or the job you want.
Great variety of people and teams which amplifies cross-collaboration and innovation.
Pros
Internal Training
Cons
Mentoring programs are hard to get into
Everything is there what you can ask for as a software developer, innovation driven company and awesome colleagues.Very good company for work life balance
Good company to work for would return easy going relaxed workstyle great opportunities to progress both through internal training and subsidized degrees.
Yes, my review.....I would recommend Pramerica as a place of employment for career growth, opportunity, talent Development, mentoring and continued learning.
There is a bad work ethic culture in pramerica, if you have a problem you can't grasp there is no one to turn to for help. I worked there for nine weeks and from day one I was bullied so I got up and left, I always got the impression that I was not wanted by my team lead.
Work Culture is good and the management will hear the employee problems. I have learned to improve my interpersonal and presentation skills. The hardest part of the job is lot of meeting that not related to your role.
Excellent opportunities to start your career if you don't mind low pay but limited professional development as management layer have little to no external experience so exist in a bubble
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Have to follow the company line even though most employees regard it only as rhetoric
A typical day is 9.30am to 6pm but this can vary between departments. You are permitted 55 mins of breaks during the day and these can be taken at any time.The company embraces the American corporate culture and so there are numerous Town Halls,Village Halls and other meetings that you have to attend - even at high workload times.
Many tasks can be repetitive but workloads can also be unrealistically high. Overtime is expected but unpaid. Strict deadlines must be met and so this can often lead to a very poor work/life balance.

The pay structure is ridiculously poor for new recruits and low level employees. Take home pay is on a par with the current minimum pay levels. The company promotes financial wellness programmes but this is not reflected in the salaries been offered. The company also offers an attractive pension but such incentives are not always affordable to all and that is disappointing.

Career progression can also be problematic and frustrating. There are many training courses on offer but selection for these courses appear to be run with a very ad-hoc approach. You can apply for a course on offer but never hear anything back. Other courses take a more formal approach - interview and presentation - and this can be off-putting for some.

Depending on your department, you may be on American bank holidays. This leads to having days off when others are working. You then have to work Irish holidays - such as St Patrick's Day. This again can be frustrating.

In many departments your christmas holiday entitlement is restricted to just christmas day thus resulting in having
 - more...
Pros
The people who work there.
Cons
Minimum wage, workloads, unpaid overtime, poor work life balance
As a senior data analyst I specialize in Data Analytics, mostly using the format of visualization, producing interactive dashboards and reports. My role entails receiving raw data that I must question, clean, manipulate and therefore provide insight on. This may be in the form of R (for Big Data) or excel and subsequently delivering findings via Tableau, Power BI and a wealth of other reporting platforms.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limitations for progression
Nice new building and area to work in. Talented and well educated staff. Depending on the type of position, this company tends to lag behind the competition in terms of a competitive salary.
I've been at Pramerica for 13 years and have found it consistently difficult to advance in my career. Work is varied and interesting, management styles can be mixed and not always supportive. The pay is well below the national average for my field and now that I'm PMP certified, the company is not making any effort to help me move to the next level in my career despite excellent feedback from customers and colleagues.
Pros
Great people, good infrastructure
Cons
frustrating micro management
Loved working for Pramerica and I advanced my career. The projects were challenging and managed properly. The team is very supportive. The culture throughout the company was outstanding.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable company to work for.
Friendly office environment.

Fast pace environment meaning there is always opportunities to up skill your profile.

Great Job satisfaction as working product can be seen regularly
Good company to work and great work life balance, Diverse work force

A typical day includes meetings with US counterparts and discussing the status of ongoing projects.
Pros
Scope to learn new things
Cons
late shifts
Excellent work life balance and great place to work. Excellent people and super career progression opportunities and training opportunities available.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pramerica is a good place to gain skills in phone etiquette and to the taste for a career in IT. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance your career with various in-house courses, all paid for.
It generally has a great atmosphere with a lot going on at the one time, but this constantly increasing workload can have a strain on morale, as well as management.
When I first got a job within Pramerica (Prudential Insurance Company of America). I was brought in to process customers checks into their personal retirement account. I constantly met my targets and when I finished in that department three months later I had the highest accuracy of 98.9%. Seldom did I make mistakes, attention to detail is one of greatest attributes. I then moved to the Technical Support Call Centre, I did so because I noticed there was a way to further advance my education and also move up the ladder.
Year one, We provided general maintenance on customers policies, as well as updating their information or providing customers information of the latest products available to them. I also provided technical support for three of the company's websites. We gave our customers product advice, and also dealt with customer complaints. We where also the whole of Prudential's worldwide switchboard.

Year two; I did all the same as year one but I developed my skills within the company, by taking a Team Leader course I advanced to a Senior Customer Representative. Now I was responsible for the learning and development of both existing and new employees. I was the link between the management in the United States and the employee in the front line. Because i was the trainer I was often trying to develop ways to expand current training, while monitoring and reviewing the progress of new hires.

Management within Prudential are fantastic. They provide you with the skills to do your job to the highest standard while also providing you with further information that may help
 - more...
Pros
Advancement within the company
Cons
Unsociable hours
Supported HR Dept with Recruitment & Selection
Maintain Recruiting Database and respond to all applicants in accordance with Pramerica recruiting policy standards.

Manage all interview arrangements for HR and Hiring Managers.

Generate contracts of employment for new hires and ensure that references are received and pre-employment medicals are conducted prior to start date.

Ensure all work permit paperwork is completed where appropriate.

Assist & advise in relocation issues/work permits etc where appropriate.

Must be capable of sustaining the highest performance standards under pressure of tight deadlines within a very busy HR Department.

The logistics of the Recruitment process. Balancing time between day to day urgencies and ongoing work demands.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Temporary Contrat
I was Brand Manager at Pramerica Systems Ireland from April 2013 to October 2013. At Pramerica they believe in career progression and "owning your own career". I am a perfect example of this.
I began working in Pramerica as a Customer Service Representative in October 2012. I had a team leader who held regular meeting with myself and our team to go over goals and objectives. After six months I applied for the position of Brand Manager. Pramerica try to fill vacant positions internally if the right candidate is available.

In my short time as Brand Manager I gained in-depth and irreplaceable knowledge. Working in Pramerica you are surrounded by "the best" and it pushes you to strive for better things in your life. The structure and constant development in the business is outstanding; it helped me develop in both a professional and personal sense.

My co-workers were fantastic and really made my job that more enjoyable. Simple things like a birthday cake or a chat about the weekends football, all the small things that made the office have a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere.

Management were always approachable and they cared about the "little guy". They would always have time to talk or lend a helping hand and this was really a theme that flowed throughout the business. It created what they called the "Pramerica experience".

I am very thankful to Pramerica for giving me the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pramerica Systems Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9