Pramerica Systems Ireland

Pramerica Systems Ireland Management reviews

Featured review
Pramerica Systems Ireland selected this as a representative review
Productive and interesting, no two days are the same and constantly learning new things. I have learned a range of new skills such as managing people, influence and negotiation skills and ethics in the work place.
Pros
Recognition Awards
Cons
Short Staffed
Work Culture is good and the management will hear the employee problems. I have learned to improve my interpersonal and presentation skills. The hardest part of the job is lot of meeting that not related to your role.
Excellent opportunities to start your career if you don't mind low pay but limited professional development as management layer have little to no external experience so exist in a bubble
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Have to follow the company line even though most employees regard it only as rhetoric
I've been at Pramerica for 13 years and have found it consistently difficult to advance in my career. Work is varied and interesting, management styles can be mixed and not always supportive. The pay is well below the national average for my field and now that I'm PMP certified, the company is not making any effort to help me move to the next level in my career despite excellent feedback from customers and colleagues.
Pros
Great people, good infrastructure
Cons
frustrating micro management
Pramerica is a good place to gain skills in phone etiquette and to the taste for a career in IT. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance your career with various in-house courses, all paid for. It generally has a great atmosphere with a lot going on at the one time, but this constantly increasing workload can have a strain on morale, as well as management.
When I first got a job within Pramerica (Prudential Insurance Company of America). I was brought in to process customers checks into their personal retirement account. I constantly met my targets and when I finished in that department three months later I had the highest accuracy of 98.9%. Seldom did I make mistakes, attention to detail is one of greatest attributes. I then moved to the Technical Support Call Centre, I did so because I noticed there was a way to further advance my education and also move up the ladder. Year one, We provided general maintenance on customers policies, as well as updating their information or providing customers information of the latest products available to them. I also provided technical support for three of the company's websites. We gave our customers product advice, and also dealt with customer complaints. We where also the whole of Prudential's worldwide switchboard. Year two; I did all the same as year one but I developed my skills within the company, by taking a Team Leader course I advanced to a Senior Customer Representative. Now I was responsible for the learning and development of both existing and new employees. I was the link between the management in the United States and the employee in the front line. Because i was the trainer I was often trying to develop ways to expand current training, while monitoring and reviewing the progress of new hires. Management within Prudential are fantastic. They provide you with the skills to do your job to the highest standard while also providing you with further information that may help - more...
Pros
Advancement within the company
Cons
Unsociable hours
I was Brand Manager at Pramerica Systems Ireland from April 2013 to October 2013. At Pramerica they believe in career progression and "owning your own career". I am a perfect example of this. I began working in Pramerica as a Customer Service Representative in October 2012. I had a team leader who held regular meeting with myself and our team to go over goals and objectives. After six months I applied for the position of Brand Manager. Pramerica try to fill vacant positions internally if the right candidate is available. In my short time as Brand Manager I gained in-depth and irreplaceable knowledge. Working in Pramerica you are surrounded by "the best" and it pushes you to strive for better things in your life. The structure and constant development in the business is outstanding; it helped me develop in both a professional and personal sense. My co-workers were fantastic and really made my job that more enjoyable. Simple things like a birthday cake or a chat about the weekends football, all the small things that made the office have a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere. Management were always approachable and they cared about the "little guy". They would always have time to talk or lend a helping hand and this was really a theme that flowed throughout the business. It created what they called the "Pramerica experience". I am very thankful to Pramerica for giving me the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people.
Pros
Fun workplace