Praxis Care

Praxis Care Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews
Very good company to be with. Big plans for the future and lots of room to grow. Can be a high demanding role at times but really worth it. Pay is pretty good but could do with more perks.
Very poor company avoid, poor culture terrible payroll and Hr department and Poor senior management in place. The company focus on profit With little respect for staff or service users
Pros
Service users
Cons
To many to mention
Payroll have serious issues. Always problems with pay. No communication from HR to floor staff. Poor respect, and support from higher up.
Really would not advise to work with this company
I worked over 16 years in disability sector before this job and it was thee most stressful place to work. I may have been unlucky in my placement but it's 9 months I will not want to remember.
Pros
Pay was OK
Cons
Very poor culture
Caring for individuals with dignity and integrity. Ensuring safety and well-being. Promoting living in a stable and comfortable environment. Safeguarding.
Long hours, no breaks, 2 clients to 1 staff, no appreciation, no support from management, workplace culture non-existent due to high turnover. No support. Training gets canceled last minute due to staff shortages.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours, staff shortages, negative attitude of management, no appreciation of staff
No benefits, no paid sick days, staff are just a number and are not valued within some schemes. To keep staff they would have to pay more competitively with st Michael's house/daughters of charity etc
Great place to work, very supportive management and senior management.
large growth plans for future

good career opportunities chance to grow with organisation
Great learning curve working for Praxis Care.
Management from ground up will throw staff under the bus rather than be subjected to investigation..Very poor Work /Life balance as shift need covered & staff constantly pull out of shifts if don't suit as no big loss as there is no sickpay scheme & no o/t rates, Sunday premiums etc..

If I'm truthfully honest I would advise people to avoid at all costs.

A job is not worth your sanity or the loss of relationship & they couldn't give a toss about their workforce as there's always someone to cover. They work off of the staffs goodwill be that soon ends
Pros
Training, although some of it is not of use
Cons
Family life, I am now separated due to work life balance here
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Praxis Care?
First house to open in midlands. Bad management and very much a paper work exercise were all the boxes are ticked with no real interest in quality of life for service users. Staff feeling unsupported and discouraged . Anyway with social care ethics would find it difficult to work here. Dishonest with regards to funding.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No sick leave /poor entiltements