Praxis Care

Praxis Care Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 63 reviews

One of the best companies I've worked for.

I have worked with Praxis for over a year, both as an admin and support worker, so I have a fair amount of experience with the company in general. From an admin perspective, the work-life balance is excellent. The admin contract is generally set at 20 hours per week, and you can pick your days and times (within reason. You can't do 10 hours, 2 days a week). And there are always things to do as an admin. You will be handling GDPR sensitive data, and you'll also be working directly under the manager, as such, you are given many duties - though nothing an IT capable individual cannot handle. As a support worker, things depend entirely on the Service User, you support. The job isn't easy and there are various challenges. For instance, you may work with a very reliant Service User one day, and an extremely solitary one the next. It's important that you understand that the job is mentally demanding, and you will need patience in your role as a support worker. Some Service Users pose a physical risk to staff. However, full MVA and/or MAPPA training is provided by Praxis, and there is a strong network of support from Praxis, if the incident should ever come up. Staff safety is just as important as Service User safety. The work-life balance as a support worker is a mixed bag. Though this is the case with every Support Worker role,and tou should expect to do your fair share of round-the-clock shifts. However, you will never be told to work more than your contracted hours per week. You will be offered overtime. But if you dont want it, just say No, and someone else will cover -

Pros

Qualify for "Blue Light Card", Competitive Pay, Strong Staff Support, Highly Ethical Company

Cons

Unsociable Hours for Support Workers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Praxis Care?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxis Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement