Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update

Prepay Power Employee Reviews

Ireland46 reviews
Featured review
Prepay Power selected this as a representative review
I have worked in Prepay Power for two years now and I love it.

Always new challenges on the horizon with a great salary and commission structure to keep you motivated day in, day out. The management are friendly , enthusiastic and always looking to promote internally.

In all departments everyone works well as a team, working together with your own initiative will take you far in this company and hard work is always recognized .

Rewards and Incentives are a common way of motivating people and the targets are achievable.

If you are looking for a motivating , enthusiastic , fun , friendly team to be a part of I am sure you will love this job.
Pros
Career Development, Incentives, friendly culture
I've been working for prepaypower for a number of years now and I've found it to be a good company to work for they offer great commission and a decent starting salary
Pros
great commission
Cons
no yearly salary increases for employees with long service
The good that’s in the company are down to the staff that pushed for change which was often met with snide remarks and refusal from some of the managers.
- better facilities in the canteen

- better and healthier breakfasts on Fridays

- fantastic social events

The company has potential but there are floor managers that have developed a click that absolutely destroy the place.

These soulless characters and there are few that aren’t managers too (but they think they are), drain the life out of the most enthusiastic ambitious and promising people.

I once calculated that about 30 people left the departments I had worked in a short period of time due to unfair treatment, a certain amount of unprofessionalism shown and being micro managed and pressurised into having panic attacks. Of course you heard the auld excuse “some people can’t hack the job”. Nah, the truth of it is some people know when to say enough is enough and I deserve better.

Floor managers promoting agents to become “senior agents” was a regular. It got so ridiculous at one stage, there were more senior agents than agents. The reality was this was the floor managers heaping their work load on top of them while they could sit around. These senior agents were sometimes responsible for doing spreadsheets and organising presentations that would later be presented by floor managers to senior management.

Floor management threw a lot of their team under the bus and they often washed their hands of responsibilities of the team and gave it to someone else. Very unsettling. You weren’t valued at all. You were lied to. Often
 - more...
Pros
Free breakfast on Friday, good social events
Cons
Strong drug culture. No respect shown, no career progression, manipulation of stats, staff and contracts
Great place to work to gain experience in sales, management are highly experienced and you will learn an abundance about sales. Lots of nights out and activities planned monthly. To finish up it is a great place to start your sales career.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
good pay. Hours not good at all. expect to work past hours of pay. eg. paid until 8 still working at nine. Not home until 10 or half past. Management in team leaders is good regional sales managers not so much.
Great company at the cutting edge of services to houiseholds. Pre pay services are on the rise and there are excellent opportunities for good people. ...
My first month in here as been great. I really have enjoyed it so much and there is not much pressure put on you for the first few weeks which is nice to settle in.
Pros
Wages and fun people
Cons
N/a
Worked for them for a short while ,
Team was great and my manager was sound enough.

Hours are not really true as you get home a good bit later than half 8 most of the time and it’s also an quite interesting product to sell but the PrePayPower marketing team need a kick up the hole as they need to improve on their offers and try and convince the public of Ireland!
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If you would like to share further feedback, please email us at bestjobs@prepaypower.ie
Good great a lot of time put in you have two put in a lot of hours and hours I would recommend anyone two try this job loads of money to be made weekly
3 December 2019
Hi, thank you for your review. If you would like to share further feedback, please email us at bestjobs@prepaypower.ie
I worked in Pre Pay Power on two different occasions.

My first experience there was absolutely phenomenal and without question the most fun I've ever had in a job. Never felt like work, always in good company and just a pleasure to be involved with them. I left for a few months due to personal reasons and returned back to the company.

The second time however was a bit of a letdown. Far too many people working there considering only one person was driving and squeezing everyone in the car was very uncomfortable. I live in the country side in East Cork, where the public transport is non existent, so getting home could sometimes be an issue if we were travelling somewhere far outside of Cork (Kerry, Tipperary).

However I'll always have found memories of my first spell with Pre Pay Power and I wish the lads every success in the future. Field Sales is a tough business but this is without question the CM Punk of door to door sales (aka, the best). I'll always be grateful for the opportunity and Pre Pay will always hold a special place in my heart.
3 December 2019
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had a good experience with PrepayPower. If you would like to share further feedback, please email us at bestjobs@prepaypower.ie
Really enjoyed my time at prepay power , learned a lot of valuable skills with them , everyone was great to work for/with . Sales jobs are to for everybody but I would recommend prepay power to anybody who is looking to get into sales.
If you want to sell sand in the desert this is the right job to you, but if you care about the product and the benefits that bring to the people, look to another place. great team, good energy.
Pros
free smiles
Cons
lack of training.
Firstly, it's fun to work in prepay power. The people you work with are great people and good craic. The basic pay is financial security and fair, however your commission is dependant on two factors:
The installer's laziness

The call centers competance

Commission is given on installs, not sales. The commission structure is very fair, however that can be wiped away because the call center or installers never contacted the customer, never bothered to show up to install and lie to cover themselves, or just let some customers slip through the cracks.

Work hours are long, 8 hours working, 1 hour lunch, and travel time to and from areas. On average it comes to 11-12 hours of my day for 8 hours working. I personally have no pressing issue with that, it builds discipline. However be aware you will be gone from home between 10:30am and 9:30/10:30pm.

It is a great job, you become self assured, take rejection like water off a ducks back, sharpen your wit, and will make money that (theoretically) reflects your work ethic. You will be backed by your regional sales manager, team leaders, and colleagues and it will sting to leave when I do leave.
Pros
Lunch Allowance non taxable, Builds confidence, great staff and RSM, financial security
Cons
Long hours, poor 'official' training (learning in the field with staff is the real training), lazy installers that cost you money, receive flak from customers about call centre
I've worked in PrePay Power for 3 years now. I remember saying to myself when i first started that i wasn't sure if I made the right decision by joining, I came from a small and quiet office into a big office which was load and fast paced. I decided i would wait till after Xmas before I decided if i would stay or go back to my old Job. 3 years later I'm still here in PrePay Power and I love it. its a fun place to work, everyone gets along, targets are achievable and they know how to look after their staff. I've learned a lot in PrePay Power and gained many skills and i see myself working here for many years to come.
Pros
Great salary, Great Social Committee, Fun Enviroment.
Cons
parking can some times be an issue.
Standard hours of 9 to 5.30 Mon to Friday.
You can take lunch when ever your ready.

there is no Micro managing, Im left to carry out my day to day duties.

The office has a good atmosphere if your getting coffee in the canteen your bound to start chatting to anyone on different teams.

There can be strict deadlines to adhere to for certain projects.
Pros
plenty of Committees to Join, Fruit baskets and Pizza and Beer first Friday of every month. Luas is near by.
Cons
If you drive there is only pay parking available
Such a great atmosphere to work in. The company is constantly growing so there are always a number of new opportunities available within the workplace.
Always great activity days out and fantastic work nights out which everyone gets involved in.

The company is always interested in the staffs comments and ideas and they appreciate every piece of work you do.
Pros
Free Pizza and beer days and free breakfast friday every week
Cons
No cons so far
Working for this company the past 2 years and im really enjoying it.
The staff are great and management are very friendly and approachable. great little perks like quarterly nights out and free breakfast and pizza and beer on paydays!
Pros
free breakfast and free fruit every second day. casual fridays
I've worked here for over 3 years now and loved every min of it, great atmosphere staff are amazing and management are great. The opportunity to progress or move to new teams is always available and management are very supportive in this.

Would highly recommend to anyone who is ambitious and looking for a new challenge with great benefits.
Pros
great insentives great atmosphere
Cons
NO parking in the office but a car park is 2 mins away
PrePay Power is a great place to work. The staff are young, enthusiastic and create a culture of motivation and learning.

There is a great opportunity for professional and personal development in PrePay Power. Management encourage teamwork and the excellent commission structure drives employees to work hard every day. The harder you work the more you earn, while management also take notice of achievements and quickly offer opportunities for moving into more senior roles. Targets are very achievable and you receive your first months targeted commission regardless of performance.

Social and sporting activities are a regular part of life at PrePay Power and add to the friendly work atmosphere. Work hours also contribute to a solid work/life balance.

The company is growing fast, expanding their workforce and have brand new offices in Sandyford Industrial Estate. Overall, PrePay Power is an enjoyable place to work and I look forward to going into work every day.
Pros
Atmosphere/Team Spirit, Commission Structure, Career Development, Motivational Culture
Cons
Can be repetitive
If you like door to door and a job that really has uncapped commission then this is the place to be , if you prove yourself then you will be rewarded and noticed. You get what you want out of the job
Pros
Good Management