Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update

Prepay Power Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland45 reviews
Featured review
Prepay Power selected this as a representative review
I have worked in Prepay Power for two years now and I love it.

Always new challenges on the horizon with a great salary and commission structure to keep you motivated day in, day out. The management are friendly , enthusiastic and always looking to promote internally.

In all departments everyone works well as a team, working together with your own initiative will take you far in this company and hard work is always recognized .

Rewards and Incentives are a common way of motivating people and the targets are achievable.

If you are looking for a motivating , enthusiastic , fun , friendly team to be a part of I am sure you will love this job.
Pros
Career Development, Incentives, friendly culture
I've been working for prepaypower for a number of years now and I've found it to be a good company to work for they offer great commission and a decent starting salary
Pros
great commission
Cons
no yearly salary increases for employees with long service
good pay. Hours not good at all. expect to work past hours of pay. eg. paid until 8 still working at nine. Not home until 10 or half past. Management in team leaders is good regional sales managers not so much.
Good great a lot of time put in you have two put in a lot of hours and hours I would recommend anyone two try this job loads of money to be made weekly
Official response from Prepay Power
3 December 2019
Hi, thank you for your review. If you would like to share further feedback, please email us at bestjobs@prepaypower.ie
If you want to sell sand in the desert this is the right job to you, but if you care about the product and the benefits that bring to the people, look to another place. great team, good energy.
Pros
free smiles
Cons
lack of training.
Firstly, it's fun to work in prepay power. The people you work with are great people and good craic. The basic pay is financial security and fair, however your commission is dependant on two factors:
The installer's laziness
The call centers competance

Commission is given on installs, not sales. The commission structure is very fair, however that can be wiped away because the call center or installers never contacted the customer, never bothered to show up to install and lie to cover themselves, or just let some customers slip through the cracks.

Work hours are long, 8 hours working, 1 hour lunch, and travel time to and from areas. On average it comes to 11-12 hours of my day for 8 hours working. I personally have no pressing issue with that, it builds discipline. However be aware you will be gone from home between 10:30am and 9:30/10:30pm.

It is a great job, you become self assured, take rejection like water off a ducks back, sharpen your wit, and will make money that (theoretically) reflects your work ethic. You will be backed by your regional sales manager, team leaders, and colleagues and it will sting to leave when I do leave.
Pros
Lunch Allowance non taxable, Builds confidence, great staff and RSM, financial security
Cons
Long hours, poor 'official' training (learning in the field with staff is the real training), lazy installers that cost you money, receive flak from customers about call centre
I've worked in PrePay Power for 3 years now. I remember saying to myself when i first started that i wasn't sure if I made the right decision by joining, I came from a small and quiet office into a big office which was load and fast paced. I decided i would wait till after Xmas before I decided if i would stay or go back to my old Job. 3 years later I'm still here in PrePay Power and I love it. its a fun place to work, everyone gets along, targets are achievable and they know how to look after their staff. I've learned a lot in PrePay Power and gained many skills and i see myself working here for many years to come.
Pros
Great salary, Great Social Committee, Fun Enviroment.
Cons
parking can some times be an issue.
I've worked here for over 3 years now and loved every min of it, great atmosphere staff are amazing and management are great. The opportunity to progress or move to new teams is always available and management are very supportive in this.

Would highly recommend to anyone who is ambitious and looking for a new challenge with great benefits.
Pros
great insentives great atmosphere
Cons
NO parking in the office but a car park is 2 mins away
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Prepay Power?
If you like door to door and a job that really has uncapped commission then this is the place to be , if you prove yourself then you will be rewarded and noticed. You get what you want out of the job
Pros
Good Management
Cons
As a field sales rep you have to work hard but the bonus and commission is excellent and you always get paid. Managers let you get on with it and don't sit on you if you are getting sales. Fun job over all.
Pros
Salary and commission, incentives, left to work, great teams
Cons
Weather so wrap up but it is field sales so to be expected.
I enjoyed my time with the company and felt valued as an employee on the sales team. Would recommend this as a positive, fun and educational place to work.
Pros
Free breakfast once a week, competitive salary bonuses.
Cons
Overtime expected to meet targets.
I like working here. Its targeted and you can just get on with your work and then measured on your results. There is a good social scene and active committees.
Pros
Free food
Look it's out doors but apart from that it's a good job and loads of reasons to work harder and a friendly easy to talk to management team..
weekly wages

commission is good
Pros
Great career opportunity
Cons
weather buts it's ireland
Incentives, commission structure and wages all add up to a great earning potential. Sure, Prepaypower only offers one product but its sales targets are achievable.

Also, it is one of the few utilities provider in Ireland that directly employs their sales staff, so the transparency in the processes, and the way commission is paid makes it so much more appealing than the competitors.

Company is still in its growing phase, so its a great place for developing your career in sales if thats something youre looking for.

As with any other sales job, long working hours during the evenings is a con, but the money to be made is worth it.
Pros
Great earning potential, good atmosphere
Cons
working hours, weather
Good atmosphere in growing teams. Door to door is tough work but they provide great training in head office and then on the field too. Easy product to sell once get used to being on the field.

No car provided but the higher commission covers that easy enough. All about the work you put in and a thick skin. Plus you start earning even before reaching targets.
Pros
Commission, permanent role, paid holidays, training
Cons
Hours
I found workin with pre pay power was dis heartnng because i was on commission pay and i was driving an average of 50 or more miles a day and not getting payed for fuel i used and some days i may not get a sale and i would only have been spending money.