Primark logo
Primark

Primark Employee Reviews

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,841 reviews

Good pay, terrible management and atmosphere

I’ve worked at Penneys for two years. The pay is great and it goes up every year you’re working there. Good holidays and sick leave. However, the work is so long and draining. The hours are long, and the work is fast paced, especially around the holidays. The worst thing is the management. The managers are on a power trip and don’t care about the staff or treat them with any respect, they only respect the staff that have been there for 10+ years. A particular manager has made me cry on multiple occasions and has had a terrible affect on my mental health. Not worth the money at all.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Terrible management

It is great but also a lot of downfalls

I’ve worked here more than once, in different Penney’s, I did enjoy it and some days I’d be so exited to go in. But the management make it not great. They don’t know what they are doing majority of the time and sometimes would just stand around chatting while being horrible to staff if they need to ask questions or go to the bathroom. Some of the management would openly talk badly about other staff to each other and even to staff, it created a very hostile environment. If it was anyone wanted a job 17-21 id 100% recommend. But if your any older I wouldn’t and this is just because they barely keep anyone on! So it can be a waste of time and energy

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unsociable hours

It’s okay

It’s a good place to work except for the fact that customers are extremely rude and management doesn’t help by breathing down your neck every second

Fast paced dynamic enviroment

Working for Penneys is generally a good experience. It is hard work but exciting and fun. I have met some life long friends there. You will learn a lot and will progress if you are open to it and put the work in.

Pros

Sporadic staff discount 10%

Cons

Poor Work life balance, not progressive to working parents

Great place as a first job!

My first proper job and it was one of the best career experiences while studying. Staff were really nice and salary perks were amazing. There were stressful working seasons like Christmas and Summer times but it was manageable.

as a manager you have to provide security for the store, you are given a store phone at night to be on call

You are given a mobile phone at night if the alarm goes off. You have to be a key holder and go to the shop alone if the alarm goes off during the night unpaid. You work a 10 hours a day with one hour lunch and 15 min tea break.

Pros

nice staff non management

Cons

would be given out to if you help to tidy the store

Faced paced environment

Good company to work for. Interesting job if you like working with people and fashion. Customers are lovely most of the time but you do get some difficult people but I expect that's the same in all retail environments. Staff discount but only a couple of times a year not all the time. Staff are really nice to work with.

Pros

Exciting, dynamic

Cons

Very little opportunity for putting your own mark on things

Fast pace but fun. Managers very engaging Do great work quietly for good causes both in communities and globally Change fairly quickly to cater for customers’ needs.

Not the best

I was hired as a Christmas temp and that’s all that I was looked at as. Staff and management couldn’t care less about any opinions or issues because your not permanent and will be gone soon. Permanent staff seem to put the jobs that they don’t want to do on the temp staff which isn’t fair. Management can be rude and seem to have favourites.

Pros

Good pay, easy work

Cons

Management unfair

Enjoyed my time working for Primark.

My time in Primark was enjoyable. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would work there again. There was a positive work environment. I did an average of 6 hours shifts and I liked the morning shifts.

Jobs at Primark

See more jobs

Good management and easy workplace

Great place for part time work for any individuals in College. Management are aware of your studies and are more than willing to cater for exams and work with you to find out whats best for both parties. Staff are friendly and there are many opportunities to improve within the workplace.

- Day to day work there was always something to do, you would always be kept busy which is a positive side of the job because the time would go faster. -The management would treat you fairly and would always listen to what you have to say. -The atmosphere in Primark is great , you meet a lot of new people and become much more confident in speaking to people. - There are always tasks to do everyday wether it’s putting out new stock or ordering it in on the computer.

Fast Paced but great fun

Good work environment, fast paced but relaxed at the same time. You wont have many weekends free and you will be working weird hours as it is minimum 11 hour contract so they can just give you 3 4 hour days

Busy and fast paced

as it was in mary street it was extremely busy especially around christmas. i enjoyed the job and helping people in the store. The management was not great as they can be quite rude and ignorant as you arent recognised as a person only a number. They got aling with staff who were permanent but had no respect for anyone who was temporary staff.

Fun Workplace

Good place to work ,Good Salary Staff and management are all lovely and are all very helpful Good working Hours hardest part of the job for me personally was the rush at the tils as summer is a very busy time of year

Productive and easy work enviornment

I received an offer as a Store sales assistant and joined immediately within two days. The work culture is nice and easy. Proper induction was conduction for new joiners on first day and then you hit the floor. The managers are cooperative and collrabative. I have gained a good amount of knowledge at Primark in 3 months contract as a part-time staff.

Horrific place to work

Worked like a slave. Never train properly. Management are useless Pay is not enough to live on. No benefits. Un paid lunch breaks. Heavy lifting without proper training

fun place to work

I loved working i Primark, problem is that if you are not in to fashion there is no carrier progression. I cherish the year I was in Primark. I learnt a lot. Excellent culture. Canteen was fantastic.

Pros

fantastic culture and excellent pay, very cheap lunch for excellent quality

Cons

long ours and in you're not in to fashion it is not easy to progress with in the company.

Fantastic company to work for

I worked as part of the desk side team supporting tablets across Europe. Thoroughly enjoyed the role, no 2 days were ever the same. Great location to work in.

Very busy place to work

Primark is a very fast-paced competitive place to work. It is a place with a lot of nice people, but easy to get caught up in the stress. Can be very good for progression, or quite bad based on how you get on with others.

Perfect for College Students

I worked here throughout my college years and it was the perfect job for me. The pay was excellent and I worked with some great people. In terms of furthering your career, there weren't many opportunities for the type of work I did. There is a big push to and help towards those interested in becoming trainee managers as well as those with a financial background or fashion buying to further their careers within the companies head office.
  • Primark