Prometric

Prometric Employee Reviews

Ireland11 reviews

Great team but difficult to progress

Most significant opportunities are available outside of Ireland. A great team of people work at Prometric but the salaries in Ireland are low. There is a lot of opportunity for travel to the US.

Pros

Travel, Great team in Ireland office

Cons

Outside of work hours; salaries are low

Productive and friendly environment

I’ve been working with Prometric for 1 year and it’s opened the door to so many opportunities. I started off in a department that I wasn’t so sure off but another offer was available within in the company and I applied and got it. I’m very passionate with my role I have and the ladder is long! There is growth in all roles and if you feel you want to change it up that is also on offer too. Prometric love to see an internal applications, it’s a positive impact to the company that there employees want to mode up the ladder and learn about different departments. The Management team globally are very kind and approachable and the colleagues are lovely. We have lunch together. We bring in treats once in a while for everyone. It’s great! Such a warm friendly environment.

Pros

The company is global and everyone I work with is great!

Cons

I don’t have any

Great fun and satisfying work

Obviously any job is going to be dependant on the team you're in, and particularly the manager you have - but the Dundalk office has a good batch of them and it makes a huge difference to how you get on with the day. The work can be difficult, and often you're working to a tight schedule leading to occasional longer hours. It's offset though by having a solid team, and a lot of flexibility in time-off and work-life balance. There used to be quite bad support given to Publishing teams to accomplish the work, from a technology perspective. This changed last year and now the supports are in place so you're not left hanging trying to meet deadlines with no help.The hardest part of the job is, as with any job, dealing with difficult clients - though you do get a lot of support in this. The clients are generally nice but when things go wrong can get a bit tense, so being comfortable smooth-talking a situation is going to help.The work culture is fine, a lot of people work longer hours but the job attracts that kind of people as well and it's super rare to ever have it requested of you - though the work is such that generally you need the time in each day to keep up with the work during busy periods.There is a faint overtone of Irish-style "keeping the peace" amongst management so sometimes things aren't resolved to your satisfaction.Being able to own up to your own mistakes and action solutions quickly is vital for this job, it's a global company so mistakes do happen and it's not the end of the world, but being able to work to rectify the mistakes is very important.Unless -

Pros

Great co-workers, Great team, Fun work, Challenging, Some great managers

Cons

Occasional long hours, Some clients, Starting wage big factor

Friendly and Helpful Colleagues

I was an intern at Prometric. Although it was only for 2 months, I had learnt many things about the inner workings of a software company. My first impressions were great, it felt like a place to be. Friendly colleagues, always willing to help.

working alone with dual site areas

you need to be comfortable working in close quarters with up to 50 people per day at 30 minute intervals & operating the office and examination provision on your own, you will be paid for travelling to offices outside your own and will be required to start work at 8.15 sometimes with a two hour journey to the base.You need to be comfortable with working with people who are experiencing stress and working to tight deadlines.

Pros

working independently

Cons

Long hours 30 minute break, working to tight deadlines.

no room to progress

worked there for many years wanted to progress , but no opportunities arise unless you want to work in or commute to Dublin staff had to fight for extra hours new staff were given more hours than longer running staff sue to their hourly rate of pay no full time hours availabel in any centre throughout IReland ( only in dublin but not guaranteed at that )

totally undervalued

very poor management,with a very bad reward culture for very hard work,in stressful working environment. you never know exactly what day's you are working in the month, management always wait until last minute to add extra days

Open-minded and productive workspace

I have worked as an intern in this company for 6 months and I was left very satisfied with the overall outcomes in Prometric. It is a 9-5 job but it is very flexible upon you working from home if you cannot make it into work. The staff is very friendly and really proactive to make new friends and connections. There were a lot of team-building games and exercises, nights-out, quizzes and events in general. The most enjoyable part of work is working with people in Kuala Lumpur and Baltimore. The hardest part of work is resolving real-time on-site issues as customers take their exams.

Pros

Under 5e lunches (Delivered to work), Plenty of social outings, Management is open-minded about improvements

Cons

Tough deadlines, Overhaul of problems during migration

It was nice to work from home

I was working from home via webex meeting with the team. The work was very pleasant and the team I was working with was very knowledgeable. I would like to work with them again

Stay away

Not worth the hassle. Don't look after staff, take employees for granted. Have supposed standards but NEVER adhere to them. Very high staff turn over. Only good thing is fellow employees.

Pros

Cons

Bad pay, no lunch breaks, hard to get toilet breaks, terrible management thst dont give a toss about their employees

Test Publisher in Dundalk office

I had a terrible experience here back in 2013. I took the job despite a low salary because it was near to my house. I think prometric had a toxic corporate culture, with a focus on cost cutting at the expense of quality, and a culture of playing favourites and shifting blame. Completely unable to acknowledge the problems it has.

Pros

Free tea & coffee making facilities. Nice view of the mountains

Cons

The working environment, Culture of blame, Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prometric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Prometric with

Learn about Prometric in popular locations

• Prometric