Prometric

Prometric Employee Reviews

Most significant opportunities are available outside of Ireland. A great team of people work at Prometric but the salaries in Ireland are low. There is a lot of opportunity for travel to the US.
Pros
Travel, Great team in Ireland office
Cons
Outside of work hours; salaries are low
This job is not stressful at all. You get to work with friendly people all day long including the candidates who come in for testing each day. The job consists of preparing the test center in order to be ready for testing, greeting candidates and informing them of the rules specified for their test, maintaining a secure and comfortable testing environment, practicing cleaning and filing procedures and answering phone calls as well as performing courtesy reminder calls. There are two Test Center Administrators at the test center at all times. We alternate switching on the hour between the back room and front desk. The culture here is great. You never come to work expecting a bad day and never leave work stressed or in a bad mood. The hardest part about the job I would say is the initial learning process. There are a lot of things to learn, especially little things, but as soon as you get the feel for the job and find your flow, the days go very smoothly. Prometric is located in a very nice up to date building located just into West Fargo off of 13th Ave. Overall, a very pleasant place to work. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable part-time job. Hours are 7-5ish (depends on how quickly candidates finish testing), 7-12 or 12-5ish.
Pros
Friendly environment, Down time, Relaxed, Daytime hours, Get to dress nice, Front desk job/proctor, Peaceful, Always closed on Sundays
Cons
No healthcare/benefits
I like the place it is one of the places that I cannot imagine leaving it. The center is very easy to handle and the management is very nice and there are always fun things to do. The only one you can't get right is the salary, they always pay as per the minimum won't get advancement even if you stayed for years.
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
Salary
Favorite job I’ve had. Would still be there if I didn’t have to move. Calming environment with some decent people. It’s a very by the book job so it’s fairly easy as well.
Upper management sucks.
No real benefits

Crazy expensive insurance

Expect you to continue working off the clock.

No regard for human life.

Force you to come in on icy roads etc.
This Company is poorly ran by top management, totally disconnected to the test centers. No room for advancement, send in secret testers just to lower the test center score.
Long Hours, No overtime, Distribution Center lacks discipline to deliver testing materials on time, or in the correct box as intended, paperwork never matches what they say it does, Scanning of exams always have issues, obviously the management team is lazy to spot check items being sent out, if you're not working for the candidate experience then why screw them over with lazy customer service, in my opinion the logistics team should all be fired due to being incompetent.
Pros
Cons
Working for PROMETRIC
There is a culture of respect and kindness at Prometric. There are many training opportunities and an understanding of the significant learning curve necessary to master the job responsibilities.
You will constantly get blamed for errors made by someone else. You are constantly under audio and video surveillance by people who have never worked at a field site location and citisiece your every move. Test takers are extremely rude and demanding and will blame you if they don't do well on their test. You will work long hours one week and little to no hours the following. Extremely inconsistent hours, rules and treatment of employees. They don't give raises because nobody works there long enough to get one. This site has over 100% turnover in employees every year.
Work culture is not conducive to long term employment. Environment, priorities and coworkers change often.

Pay rate is below average for most technical positions.
I worked at this office and only lasted 3 months. Fellow TCAs are nice and diligent with their work. The manager is disrespectful to everyone including the employees and candidates. He has continuously made negative remarks regarding a person’s race, gender, age, etc. during the short time I worked at this office. The job is interesting and decent for a part-time work, however is not worth the inhumanity of the Manager.
wage
I'm a young emerging professional and this job is really nice. I love my boss and straight off the bat I really liked the people I was working with. I get the support I need to be able to succeed from my manager and coworkers.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, good manager
Cons
None that i can tell at the moment
I work there for a few years and it was not the greatest experience. It was boring work and there was a lot of tension between management and workers.
The workload is enormous, which i love, but we're not duly compensated. A typical day at work gets me going, wonderful manager and great colleagues to work with. Teamwork is phenomenal!
Pros
Cons
Better compensation
Pleasant place to work. You see many different professions and types of people. Great place to learn about different occupations. The pace changes depending the schedule.
Working at Prometric was not rewarding. My fellow employees were very nice people but no one was happy working there. The company always sent secret shoppers which is a good idea, but they expected the employees to do impossible things like doing a walk through the testing room looking for cheaters and at the same time register testers at the desk, while wanding down and checking people in and out of the testing room. The manager was a nice, hard worker but the higher ups were useless and really didn't care.
N/A I do not wish to comment on a company that I have not worked for. The Company I currently work for Is Prometrics and is currently transitioning to Concerto Patient Solutions.
Pros
No Examples to give
Cons
No examples to give
They are profit driven only and only care about money being brought in. Work is heavy and no one has the time to help others. They make you travel and work on weekends and nights. It becomes a 24/7 job with no home life.
Upper management are poor and lack man management skills. The HR department are extremely poor and lack any normal sense of duty to internal employees
I learned a lot of hands own tactics at my time here. I was trained by top professionals to work in a administrative setting. I also made great work associates.
Typical day was having people sign in for there test. Using tools, camera, fingerprints, wands. Signing in and out for breaks. Pay was low and the other employees didn't get along with each other. Lots of back stabbing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prometric. Our community is ready to answer.