Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews for Consultant

I had a fantastic graduate experience with pwc Dublin. Great location, facilities, people and culture. Rewarding work and acquired a vast amount of knowledge of different sectors through consulting.
PwC has been treating their employee fairly with good compensation and equal opportunity. The culture is more relax but definitely still some overtime. There is a strong sense of digitalization with the company
Друзья, устраиваясь на работу в эту компанию, знайте - это организация уровня обычного российского ООО под прикрытием международных корпоративных стандартов. Огромная часть сотрудников - преимущественно грейда менеджеров и выше - неадекватные управленцы, не считающие коллег грейдом ниже за людей; хамящие, "сдающие исподтишка" за незначительную ошибку, пытающиеся выслужиться перед дир-ами и партнерами. Те разговоры о так называемом благополучии сотрудников, которые идут из каждого медийного "утюга" компании, с лихвой рассыпаются четырехдневной рабочей неделей, взятием отпусков за свой счет и принудительным уходом в оплачиваемый. Заработные платы не попадают даже в нижнюю границу средней по отрасли. Если вы хотите получить опыт работы в крупной организации - дерзайте, но помните - главное вовремя уйти.
Pros
Возможность прикоснуться к современному корпоративному миру, удобное расположение офиса
Cons
Неадекватно низкая оплата труда, неадекватность сотрудников высоких грейдов, двойные стандарты у руководства компании
Learn a lot in PWC SDC regarding audit work. Good work environment specially for female employee . Very supportive colleagues specially in assurance .
Pros
Amazing employee benefits
Cons
long working hours
As a Transfer Pricing Consultant, I assist clients in the transfer pricing and other tax-related issues.I spend half my workday doing benchmarking analyses and preparing transfer pricing reports, a.k.a. technical work. The other half of the day is spent on meetings, communication with clients, and discussion with other teammates.The management cares about employees and makes sure we learn as much as we could. However, the pay for entry-level employees is pretty low. The working culture seems to neglect work-life balance and honor overworking, which is not a good thing. The office is pretty international – most of my teammates already had abroad experiences.To me, the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers because I have never been sociable. Although I can manage to have a smooth conversation with my clients, doing so too much drains my stamina.The most enjoyable part of the job is the technology project. You get to be exposed to the most cutting edge technology tools on the market and you get to do something impactful with it.
Pros
Good working environment, job security, advancement opportunities
Cons
Long working hours, low pay for entry-level employees
It was very good platform to learn lot about corporate sector and the work professionalism and very good management Team work and Good cooperation from management
The jobs for Contractors are cutthroat. For me, it was a bait and switch tactic (hired for one position, changed completely when came aboard/on-site). The company did not provide space for us to sit and the company employees were very very rude. I had a project manager that was a complete — , very disorganized, rude and would often have meltdowns. the compensation was ok but not worth the grief.
If I could sue them I would. My experience here was a total nightmare, racism, abuse, working with incompetent managers etc. Low pay, long hours, no work life balance, all what they advertise is lies. They lie to their clients, give them low quality work etc. Worst place I have ever worked at.
Genelde yoğun bir iş yükünüz olsa da hiyeraşik olarak nispeten eşit bir düzlemdesiniz. Ofis koşulları gayet iyi fakat maaşlar sizi şirkette tutabilecek kadar yüksek değil.
There were some management issues. Managers need to develop their soft skills. Technical competence is not enough. However its a friendly work environment.
Pros
good brand, friendly people
Cons
poor, lack of senior consultants
A good day will have a non stop work from 9-5pm. Work life in India was a little different to that of UK. Peers were supportive. Hardest part of the job was to convince the management on some people initiatives when there was no direct ROI involved.
It's ok, but Contractual so definitely it's not meet expectations in case of securing permanent place but for me it's relaxed as they offered again for contractual role.
Normal work environment, Depend on the project and skills that the candidate carrying. If you are in project you can learn many things by engaging yourself.
Pros
Normal work environment
Cons
Normal work environment
PwC is a great organization to work for. Work culture is really supportive, there is good work life balance along with ample amount of professional development opportunities
Good place to learn . However, there is no work life balance. Too much of work and also depends on that project your in. If you love travelling, they do have the option of travel.
Environment is extremely stressful - 60 hours weekly at minimum. Travels (100%+) take much of your personal time, including weekends. Project budgets are tighty with no overtime.
I am overall happy working at PwC. There is a work- life balance, good training, interesting work and coaching if required and good benefits and also good growth prospects for right professional.
While PwC has a great large name to add to your resume, it does have some limitations. You are constantly subjected to reviews based on "performance" on each project by managers. If the manager doesn't like you, well you have to accept the bad review regardless. Such a bad review can cost you a promotion up to 2 years or more. The only way to get a promotion is to stay on projects with managers that like you to guarantee good reviews. Lots of office talk is very political, and people like to play favorites on projects. Also, the pay is fairly low, depending on your role. But when weighing out the benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, bonuses, discounts, etc), it isn't TOO bad. Either way, definitely a great starter company even if you decide to move on to something else. Definitely a good learning experience.
Learning curve is high. Work load is more. People are fun to work with. Travel is expected. Can try new tech at work. Frequent upskilling sessions conducted.
I really enjoyed my two years in PwC. I believe that it is a tough experience but also you can learn a lot from the very single activities you have to do. What I have enjoyed the most - apart from hard working - has been the human relationship I have created with my former colleagues. I think that even if the work is not that easy, when you are in a good environment which is either challenging and nice to leave, it is the best I asked for a position.
Though a lot of travelling is involved yet one get to work with the best of talent and clients who are market leaders. Open culture with a flat hierarchy.