Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews in McLean, VA

I learned a lot about consulting and it was a great experience. As an intern, they had kept me really motivated and challende throughout the internship. It is a good company to gain expderience.
Great salary and flexibility, but high-stress job, especially during busy season. Summers are great in terms of low-stress, and if not assigned on a job, you can potentially have days/weeks off with pay.
PwC can be very demanding at times but overall has some pros and cons about their work environment. Busy season can be very hard at times with having to work on weekends and long weeks. Ultimately be ready to go 100 mph everyday and build your network.
PwC is a great place to work. You will receive the skills you need to thrive in their environment and should you choose to leave those skills will benefit you outside of the organization as well.
The teams I worked with were highly motivated to do an excellent job for their clients and to support each other as team members. Most of the team worked long hours when necessary to meet client deadlines but were encouraged to balance their work effort with taking personal time as needed.
PwC is a fantastic place to work in terms of career progression. A good appraisal each year will lead to career advancement, in the form of a promotion, and a pay rise. However, it is, in my experience, very difficult to achieve a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Good development
Cons
A tough firm but great to start off your career. So many jobs prefer big four experience so if you can get in, just try it out for a couple of years for the experience.
Pros 1. Good experience working in multiple teams 2. Good project management skills Cons 1. No work life balance 2. Salary lower than industry 3. Can often feel not part of the overall team 4. You are essentially called a resource and need to maintain high utilization rate
PwC helps you develop into a sharp consultant as most staff are looking to grow in their roles and get to the next level which requires you to do the same if you want to survive.
Some of the smartest people I know. Bonuses begin based gets distributed such that someone has to be at the bottom ...typical of large companies but many employees are usually left unhappy.
PwC is a good company to work for. It is exciting and has alot to offer for their employees. It has room for growth and a good workplace culture. I recommend this company for interested individuals
Rewards people who work hard. Great environment with plenty of learning experiences every day. Tons of room for growth and a huge focus on taking ownership of your career.
I worked here for less than a year due to a new job opportunity for my spouse. It was a great learning experience. I had direct site to leadership and they cared about my career.
The firm came out with this amazing idea called "phasing" the audit which in reality means just doing more work. People are told busy season is only a couple of months, but its more like 5 to 6 with long hours all year. headcount is down and people are having to work more to pick up the slack without being compensated.
Cons
Horrible Hours
Great benefits, lots of work. Respectful culture, work life balance. Opportunities for growth in client facing roles. Plenty of training and current with technology.
I worked Mondays to Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm with 30 minutes lunch. As a contractor, I was surrounded by a lot of highly driven and successful people who genuinely care about those they work with and the community in which they live. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we travelled every week. I was still new in this country, I was able to explore many big cities. I really missed those days and wish I can work for PWC in my coming years. Not now as I still have young kids.
Pros
We were rewarded with Amex gift cards after each trip
overtime is expected and people tend to work on vacation days. most people are high strung about meeting business goals. HR is too busy to actually provide enough guidance.
PwC Public Sector is not the place you want to work for if you want work-life balance or any autonomy. Leadership is more focused on business development than supporting their team.
Great culture. Open communications process. Management Team is engaging with staff members and responsive to suggestions. Employees given opportunity to work on stretch assignments.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Push for billable hours sometimes overwhelming
A typical day at work was always great. I learned how to be a better manager. My manager was a great guy. The culture was good some days and bad some days. The hardest part of my job was dealing with different people personalities everyday. The most enjoyable part was the perks and benefits.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Extremely busy around tax season
Good pay and advancement opportunities, bad work life balance and could have some issues with job security as you move up the management chain. Benefits are OK.