Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY513 reviews
I worked as a Technical Data Analyst interns at the company, my time at the company was great, I got to learn a lot things and it had a appropriate system in place with mentors and managers to help interns.
great work culture but longer hours than most. you would need to have strong discipline to find out. Flip side is PwC is a big, multinational. You'll get better gigs there, but won't make as much, and have more competition as you up-rung the ladder towards promotional opportunities.
Good place to start a career; lots of opportunity for development, variety of work, etc. Culture largely depends on your specific line of service, office, and team. Pay starts relatively low for associates but ramps quickly once promoted in 2-3 years.
PwC is a wonderful place to start your career, young and energized. The more busy seasons you work, the more stressed and burnt out you become. The unfortunate part is that some people have fantastic experiences and work-life balance while others are unlucky and are stuck in a place where it feels like busy season all year round. In the end, if you can put in the work and time early on, do it. Get the experience and leave.
Pros
Free phone, "unlimited" sick days, flexible schedule
Cons
Work-life balance does not exist, you're just another number
Learned a lot, helpful managers. Work life balance can be tough with travel, but mostly it depends on your client and the team. The company as a whole is great.
Speaking for PwC advisory only. Great culture at the company, and a lot of opportunities to network with others from different groups and cultivate mentorships. As a POC, I felt supported and empowered.
I joined PwC after graduating from college and worked there for 5 years. I feel I was really lucky to work in a professional firm with tons of talent people and clear prompting mechnism.
Work life balance is tough but not impossible. It is a fast paced and stressful environment. A lot of hours will be required to be put in during busy season.
Work/life balance can be a challenge, but they generally reward hard work and good performance with bonuses and raises which are respectable for the industry. Always opportunity to take more challenging work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
Excellent work balance. Team working Is highly encouraged which helps to find and correct errors for quality output. PWC has ongoing educative programs for its staff In IT and overall well being of the company. Very exciting.
Pros
Work well be well
PwC is a great place to start your career, grow and learn. I was exposed to so many clients and accounting matters and was given opportunity to advance quickly.
There will be a lot of learning, and a lot of late nights. The one thing that made me enjoy my time at PwC was that you had no choice but to progress.
Great culture, pay, benefits, and best of all great people! Unfortunately, it was a seasonal position for me but I had a great experience working with such a wonderful team.
Cons
Prioritizes client needs and focuses on opportunities for digital and technology-based solutions and advancement. Work and culture is very variant across different groups within the large company.
Very little regard for work-life balance.
Grueling travel schedule.

Highly driven and intelligent people.

Fierce competition embedded in a feudal framework.
Working at PwC requires being available most of the time and very responsive. The people are nice in the group but are very demanding. Relatively large group.
If I could sue them I would. My experience here was a total nightmare, racism, abuse, working with incompetent managers etc. Low pay, long hours, no work life balance, all what they advertise is lies. They lie to their clients, give them low quality work etc. Worst place I have ever worked at.
Great culture, endless opportunities, diverse (in mostly metro cities) terrible work life balance, very little mobility opportunities among lines of services.
You will have no life !! Just work ! HR is the worse to deal with !! They break the rules to fire people if any manager/ director disliked you for any reason! They do anything & everything to keep top management happy, you are replaceable at any second. I’ve seen them destroying the inner peace of really good and intelligent people. I learned a lot from this place, the most is to set my priorities right !!
The most difficult part of my job was doing so much and it being hard to advance.

Diversity was slim in my department which was a disappointment as they pride themselves on diversity.
It's okay. Not to good not too bad. It is a good company to work for. I liked it while I was there. Good business folks to talk to. Good working environment. Not the best company to be contracting with.