PwC Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Working at PwC provides a second to none experience when it comes to learning and working among exceptionally intelligent accounting professionals; However, "work/life balance" is non-existent... when you work for a Big 4 accounting firm, work becomes your life. The hardest part of the job is the expectation that you will be available to do work until 10 pm Mon-Fri and weekends if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with interesting clients who are some of the largest corporations in the world, and learn from the PwC professionals you work with every day.
Great Learning & Great Colleagues. Each project is unique and industry leading. This helps one to be top of your game. I personally learned a lot about health
Initiated me into big business with it policies, procedures, and protocol methodologies. Great training and culture. Discovered more about myself and began my path towards that.
Very professional and collaborative workplace environment. Leadership is committed to being on the leading edge of best practices. Continuing education is available in online and classroom formats. Highly recommend roles at PwC for getting experience and networking for career advancement within finance and consulting.
Pros
Very professional workplace environment.
Cons
Highly structured and regulated work processes.
While a PWC the work environment was great as it relates to work life balance coupled with the nature of the work given. Pwc also provided me with tools necessary to enhance my work output.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Contract position
Pros: -Company name/reputation -Benefits -Advancement Cons: -Hours -Lack of personal life -Pay for amount of work -Very clique-y -Boring work -CPA necessary
The firm rewards you fairly for your work, but there are times where the demand is 24/7. When the firm sells more work than it can handle, they don't hire additional headcount and can thrust you into roles you don't have much experience in.
numerous career advancement opportunities clear management structure people are very smart, competitive, and supportive work from home as needed, with support from local office consistent reviews that are fair
Pros
salary, advancement, employees
Cons
they like to grow jr staff - so need to get in early
Non accounting jobs were being resourced out and moved to Florida especially IT. Have not worked there for a long time so not sure of how things are now.
PwC was the best company I've contracted for. You are made to feel a part of PwC as a contractor. Everyone was overwhelmingly supportive and seemed to go out of their way to make you feel at home. I can say it was very noticeable. Again, best company I've contracted for.
best part of the job was working with equally intelligent and driven people like myself. People were efficient at working, worked hard, and always supported one another.
PwC has a great internship expierence for folks that are looking to try out the consulting life. They pay great and they help you try new things while you are interning.
A great place to work for. Wonderful company to attain some fantastic experience. Worked on some tough, challenging projects at PwC. Fast paced work environments.
Overall PwC is a decent place to work. The company promotes inclusion and equality and really does seem to "practice what it preaches" by holding events across offices to challenge it's employees to be accepting of others. The most challenging part of working for PwC is the nature of consulting work. When the deliverable goes off to the client, the consultant rarely gets to see how the work done helps improve things for the client. Employees need to work long hours and sometimes over weekends but with this requirement comes the flexibility to work from anywhere. Need to take a long weekend for an out of town event? It's no problem to work remotely.
Pros
flexibility to work remotely, diversity and inclusion
Cons
long hours, lack of work/life balance, lack of support
They were more audit and tax than healthcare. People where very smart and helpful. I learned what Gross margin and what billable hours where. It was a very prestigious place and everyone knew who we were..
Pros
great support
Cons
could not pick my on team
PwC is a great place to work if traveling is not an issue. On any given week, traveling could be between 80% to 100% to external clients in different locations depending on the projects. The mentoring environment is great, the team I worked with, as well as, my management team. I learned a lot and the team provided great support that enable us to present well in front of the customers.
Pros
Nurturing and supportive environment
Cons
A lot of travel required
My experience at PWC was different from anything that I had ever experienced in my life. It was cut throat and very competitive. It was every man and woman for themselves. The experience adversely impacted my health. There was ZERO diversity beyond the male /female dynamic.
PwC is a great place to work. The firm is very invested in it's people and leveraging those people to deliver high quality solutions to their clients. The travel demands are intense which affects work life balance.
Pros
Great People, Versatility in Project Work
Cons
Work Life Balance, Travel
PwC hands down is a great place to work. The office atmosphere is high and energetic, people are great, the best group of people I ever worked with. Would go back there in a second!
Pros
Benefits, people, office environment
Lot of travel, work pressure, difficult work-life balance, demanding job, long hours at work, long hours traveling. Each unit is run like a small biz unit
The environment is stimulating with extremely competent workers. I like commuting into Center City (Philadelphia). The work is cutting edge with many analytics projects.
  1. Philadelphia, PA