PwC Employee Reviews in San Jose, CA

PwC is a good place to start your career and you will learn a lot working here. Experiences can vary greatly depending on which teams and clients you work with. It is a very high pressure environment and burn out is common. I personally don’t consider it sustainable to work here long term, especially given compensation and perks are not great compared to industry standards.
Pwc is an amazing company where I’ve met amazing people who have helped my grow both my technical and soft skills. Without what I learned at PwC I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today.
Pros
Learning experienced
Cons
No work life, high pressure environment
Great work/life balance. Supports wellness and happiness for all. Supports and nurtures employees in their goals to learn and move to new positions within the firm. Highly diversified and believes in a culture that respects EVERYONE.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Pay a bit low for Silicon Valley
No longer work there. They say there is work life balance but only for select people. They pay you the minimum amount even though you give 100%. Can’t say I recommend working for PwC
The workplace culture allows you exposure to many different businesses and their processes. There is an opportunity to learn a lot, but, there is little work life balance, and work culture provides little time for development.
PwC is one of the few companies which can provide you the opportunity to learn and grow at top clients. You learn all the aspects of a project - Strategy, Design, Implementation and operationlization.
Productive workplace I worked at PwC full-time for more than 4 years Pros Teaches you how to get work done in a professional manner, competitive salary right out of undergrad
PwC has clients in many different industries, which makes the work stimulating, challenging and enjoyable. PwC attracts a thoughtful, educated, diverse workforce.
PwC has an exciting and challenging work environment. Its a great company to grow your career with at any level. I'm greatful for my experience at the firm.
Pretty horizontal organization. Have direct channel of communication with your partner. Promotions are based on performance, which your partner is always on top of.
Excellent and great place to work, lots of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. Work with teams and currently promoting new digital tool as well.
Participated as an intern. Come in at 9 and leave at 3, learned about tasks a first year associate would do. Good management and people. Hardest part was probably trying to figure out by myself some tasks when someone senior wasn't available, but appreciate all I learned there.
I enjoy collaborating with others and having a fun environment to work in. Work is work; however, it is always nice to enjoy some friendly conversations in between.
PWC was very fun and comfortable place to work for always had parties and weekend trips Christmas was the best time of year all of the managers were nice.
Pros
Parties extra days off
Cons
work on weekends during Tax Returns
Good place to work. CEO is smart. Great opportunities. Highly Recommend. Clients are diverse so good experience people are god. Willing to help. Lean lots. .
Days at PwC were always busy, filled with many projects to manage. It was a fast-paced environment, yet those who focused on honing their analytical skills, maintaining an attention to detail, and keeping the client's perspective in mind were set-up for success and career growth. Work-life fit goals are different for everyone - I sought experiences that would help me grow and provide chances to ready myself for more challenging job opportunities. Work was my focus.
Pros
Health Care Benefits, resources for learning & training, consistent guidelines and standards throughout the organization for all employees
Cons
Work-life fit
Great place to practice your skills. Can help build both soft skills and technical skills. Just need to work a lot, but the nature of the job determines that.
Need to network with the right folks within the firm to get staffed on exciting projects. Mix of exciting and projects that are more operational in nature.
PwC is a great place to go to start your career, and try a wide variety of accounting related tasks. You learn quickly, and are given a lot of opportunities to grow. Of course that comes with a very stressful and competitive work environment. People are constantly bragging about how much they work, and bonuses are largely based on hours worked, not on the quality of your work.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
competitive, long hours, working unreasonable hours is rewarded
Great place to work.. Great opportunities to collaborate. Tremendous work life balance and career growth opportunities.Definitely recommend as a career establishing place in the long run.
I was always harassed by the men in the office because I was the only woman who had a securities license and they felt I was not able to do their job as a stock broker I was miserable