Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape23 reviews
Learning environment
Work is different teams and managers

Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines

Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics
Pros
N/a
Cons
This was in South Africa cannot comment on PwC in the USA. Fantastic learning curb, a lot of opportunity as long as you play within the corporate parameters of the company
People are friendly initially but you soon realise that working as a team is not an option and everybody is in it for themselves even though you could be working on the same project. Senior Management also have their favourites which makes it difficult to progress. If management has a certain perception of who you are, it wont change even if you provide evidence to the contrary.
Good opportunities for exposures as the firm audits quite big and reputable companies. It is character building, and forces you out of your comfort zone, the people are willing to help you . Time management is key as deadlines can come at you at once.
Pros
You work with people that are in the same age group as you are.
Cons
Overtime and tight deadline
it was fun to work there you got a chance to travel around the country, meet new people and introduce you to new places, it was a start for my work career
Never boring, interesting challenges every day, helping different departments to solve their problems or improve efficiency and productivity. Some red tape here and there, but that is always part of all corporates.
Pros
Flexible work hours, to some degree.
The managers do not have respect for employees personal time. You are expected to make the company your number 1 priority at all times. without proper compensation!!
Productive. Worked in small department. Management was good, no room for growth. Time management extremely important. Salary is not that great if you are doing your internship.
Cons
no room for growth
It was in 1994, the first democratic elections in SA. The mood was jovial and sombre (given the violence that preceded the elections as well as tight security). A never forgettable experience.
Pros
Social justice and participation
Cons
Woke up at about 02h00 every morning for the duration of the elections
Good working environment. Lives up to the brand. I would recommend it to any professional person trying to elevate their career as a consultant in IT, Forensics, Tax.
we worked five day a week . I lean that to work independently most of the time in a team, management was good , we where having meeting always early in the morning most enjoyable part of work was to be busy working all the time.
Pros
free braai
PwC is a very diverse workforce.

I thrive on working in a challenging environment and you have the opportunity to grow and develop your skill set.
A diverse network of talented consultants. Opportunities to work in multi disciplinary teams however the focus on being billable requires initiative and access to decision makers which is almost impossible to figure out within a year or two in the firm.
Pros
Working in diverse teams
Cons
Work/Life balance is a challenge
Planning roll out of projects ,managing teams compiling Fixed asset registers for clients, acquiring new business.

Have learned to manage people and resources to meet deadlines.

PwC workplace culture typical of Corporate entities.

To keep up with new developments in the Fixed Asset environment.

Travelling all over South Africa seeing clients.
Pros
Stable work environment.
Cons
Maintaining a steady client base
I enjoyed my time at PwC, this is a good learning environment and I had a nice variety of clients.
I had the opportunity to experience of PwC in Bloemfontein as well as in Cape Town, and both offers excellent experience in learning more about auditing
LOTS of big promises by management and very little action
As a partnership, the directors are only out for themselves. Then Clients, then staff.

The co-workers are good people, but so stifled and defeated by the firm.

Hardest part of the job is not being able to use your skills and talents and being boxed in

Good canteen though
Pros
Not much stress. Good canteen. flexible hours. good manager
Cons
only half hour lunch. directors.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my director. He was totally professional and dedicated to the firm. I had wonderful, efficient co-workers who were always there to clarify an issue.
As a vacation student, my daily duties included shadowing tax consultants, attending seminars and preparing presentations. A typical day at work was always busy, with meetings in the morning followed by theoretical and practical exercises. The programme taught me the importance of preparation and due diligence. It also taught me the importance of team work and effective communication. As a diverse group from different backgrounds, we had to learn to work together efficiently and effectively. The training and coaching we received from management made it easier to adapt to the new environment and carry out the required duties with ease. The most difficult part of the job was to deal with tax related transactions, because I did not have a background in tax at the time, however, we were provided with the necessary training materials and that helped a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job were the presentations and team activities.
Pros
Free lunch, free training material and friendly tax consultants and staff
Cons
long hours, unpaid programme
The are vast learning opportunities. You work with strong technical teams and you learn a lot from them. You also have exposure to various other business and learn their business processes and operations
Pros
flexible time
Cons
long hours and tight deadlines
- Global Professional Services Firm.
- Primarily hires qualified CA's or postgraduate certified accountants.

- Word-class Business Model.

- Strong attitude for strategic skills enahncement.

- I was hired as a trainee in on Audit during several vacation work periods.
good experience, good travel claims, good management coaching