Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews for Associate

Associate395 reviews
It's a mecca for accounting professional with exposure level determined by your position in hierarchy. However, if you are not an accountant this may not be the best place.
Cons
lack of flexibility in certain teams
The hours someone will work at this company are unhealthy, regardless of what the recruiting literature says. You will be paid less than the average salary for position unless you devote your life to the company and become a partner. So much effort and money goes into the public relations here but, in the end you are put behind a computer to work 50-100 hour weeks.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Culture, pay, hours
PwC is a wonderful place to start your career, young and energized. The more busy seasons you work, the more stressed and burnt out you become. The unfortunate part is that some people have fantastic experiences and work-life balance while others are unlucky and are stuck in a place where it feels like busy season all year round. In the end, if you can put in the work and time early on, do it. Get the experience and leave.
Pros
Free phone, "unlimited" sick days, flexible schedule
Cons
Work-life balance does not exist, you're just another number
This was my first job out of MBA. It was challenging and there was some bad managers. Once you find your crew inside the firm its a lot of fun. I still in touch with the folks I worked with. Great place to jump start your career.
Working at PwC is a big step for your career.
It develops you as a person and as an employee.

People there are very friendly, but competitive.

You have to work very hard to prove yourself.

very high season from January until April.

I recommend working there but pick the department you want to join carefully.
Pros
excellent health care, very friendly people with very nice place and environment
Cons
very stressful most time of the year
Work life balance is tough but not impossible. It is a fast paced and stressful environment. A lot of hours will be required to be put in during busy season.
I learned a lot during my time working at PwC. Interacting with the partners has been positive. They're like an enciclopedia because they have a lot of knowledge. However, even though, I learned a lot, there's a lot of xenophobia and I didn't felt very welcoming at work. A lot of jealousy at work.
Pros
Vacation for a whole month, working remotely
Cons
Work-life balance is not the best
Pay sucks but the people are great. If you are willing to put in the work and find your way on to a great team you will truly benefit. However this can be hard when you start and it can feel that your success is the result of arbitrary staffing decisions.
Un'esperienza che mi sta arricchendo sempre di più, nonostante le difficoltà di ogni giorno.
Pros
Grande crescita professionale, opportunità di apprendimento e ambiente informale
Cons
Poca apertura all'innovazione e Management non sempre adeguato
Good management

Good people to work with

Good exposue

Worked there for nearly 4 years and dint have a single issue with the way the organisation was run
I was based in PwC Operate. It is without a doubt the most stressful workplace I've experienced. The QC's have zero experience and they will never stand over the information they give you, you will end up doing a piece of work 2 or 3 times due to conflicting/incorrect information from the teams. Operate is not really part of PwC, it's an agency essentially and operate staff are very much not treated as part of the firm (no entitlement to benefits etc for the first year). The pay is very low but you can survive on brand recognition so that's ok I guess. Any staff with talent leave within the year and those that stay don't have any other options. Basically if your very early career with no experience then go for it until you can move on to somewhere else, if your experienced then there are a lot of better firms and options out there.
You are expected to grind for a while without getting a lot taught. Getting information necessary to complete assignment varies on your relationship to your superiors.
Recommended to Freshers only because of the brand name. Too much restrictions and intrusions to privacy in the name of policy. You'll be a slave to even the janitor of the US office, no matter what your designation is here.
I love PwC the overall work ethic is extremely high and fast paced. The employees are focused yet fun to work with. Hard working yet enjoyable. It the best experience I have had thus far and such a blessing to be granted the opportunity to work at such an amazing firm.
I started working at PWC KSDC from september. It was my first busy season here. Work culture was good and also the team members. Managers were friendly too.
I worked till 2 or 3 am from 10 am everyday during the peak season. I sometimes had to skip meals or continue to work while eating. I didn’t get pay for my overtime work. Even when I did get paid, I got at most 2 hours of overtime pay each day. There is nothing the company concerns about you than money. Avoid if you don’t want to end up having multiple mental and physical illnesses due to extreme workload and stress.
Culture is great, however coming in as an experienced hire I did not feel like there was a great emphasis on your skills versus campus hires. Technical skills are not very broad within the firm in my area of work and I did not feel as though there was much attention paid to my skillset and I did not feel as though I was being utilized to my full capacity by those who place you on projects. It is difficult to grow technical skills outside of offerings the firm provides through partnerships they have for pitching software to clients. Pay is virtually non negotiable and was placed at a level a campus hire with no experience reaches in 1 year while I had roughly 3.5/4 years of experience when I joined; no bonus was offered at my level unless you were a campus hire.
Usually shifts are much longer than 8 hours, so be prepared to work all day and sometimes over the weekend. The workplace can be fun because most people are in their 20s and 30s, great place to learn.
Building a good reputation at the start is very important; it determines what type of jobs you may get. Also important to know the right people who can introduce you to good jobs. Coaching culture is generally good and the workforce is young.
very cultural and fun environment to work in. easy going and learning ability to grow is very easy. Ability to interact with management is very easy going
Not suitable for starters but a good company to retire on. PwC will help you grow. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn. PwC will improve your leadership, business acumen, global acumen, technical capabilities, and most specially the relationship.