Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews for Contractor

Contractor17 reviews
Good collegial experience. Fast pace. This is a good consulting experience in my area of expertise. The team is efficient and highly productive. It is good to work with them.
La empresa como tal no te absorbe ni te da las oportunidades de crecimiento, incluso el sueldo era bajo, siendo que los ingresos que uno otorga a la empresa es el doble de lo que era mi sueldo y por día que es aún más absurdo , además ni se preocupan por la seguridad de uno.
Management is the "old boy network." Contractors are not valued. Very high maintenance teams. Free coffee was nice. Lots of back-stabbing and favoritism.
Pros
Paid for overtime {which was expected}
Cons
Management, hours, commute, no advancement, laid off without advance notice
Get to know a lot of things about ms excel in Pwc sdc Kolkata. day starts at 9.30 am in the morning, management is not good. workplace culture is the best I have ever seen. the hardest part of the job is long working hours and work pressure during pressure period in assurance i.e. January February and March is too much to bear. the most enjoyable part is picking and drop facility.
Pros
free transport, work from home facility
Cons
workload and long hours and managment
A very limited time spent with the esteemed organization has always been a privilege for me, personally. The managers, team leads, senior associates and peer associates have always been very helpful and courteous in extending their valuable support. Had the opportunity of learning new things and I could also develop my skills and aptitude based on diverse domains.
Pros
very healthy working environment, collaborative work teams, pay is good, scope of learning
I love the culture and collaboration accross teams. PwC believes in self-management teams which is great this gives people the opportunity to become more creative while still maintaining structure.
Pros
Great Managers/Coaches
Cons
Organizations changes every 2 years
I was only a contractor, working on TeamMate Auditing software, I left when TeamMate was purchases by WoltersKluwer, It seems like a great place to work.
Very professional environment and great leadership. You can rest assure that you will be treated with respect and dignity!
The staff here tends to be flexible and understanding whenever any problems arise whether it's personal or work related.
PWC is an outstanding place to work. The leadership is fair and professional. The team always has a clear direction and defined job responsibilities. The work environment is very positive
Pros
everything
Cons
As a contractor i had an excellent experience at PwC. The people are great the work life balance is good.,It is one of the better companies i have had the opportunity to work at.
Pros
Option to work from home, Free breakfast every other Thursday, Collaborative team environment
Cons
computer network can get wonkie at times
good place to work, great people, lots of opportunities, approachable partners, the most challenging part is the busy season (OT), great perks
You could be working over 8+ hours everyday, but when you do work late they would provide free dinners. The work wasn't too hectic. I liked how the company had a conducive learning environment.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
I loved working at the firm. This company values its employees and reinvests in them.The diversity and work life balance is also a plus.
A typical day would include working with your project team, traveling or assisting with the Onboarding process.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Their hiring process is complicated and drawn out.
A memorable day in my job is when I had to take a bite from my Team Leader for poor performance of my subordinate consultants in a particular project. I refused to take the blame as I was not responsible for their appointment to the project, as we were all appointed at the same time. The Team Leader was losing his cool on me due to project management pressures. Though the situation was so annoying, I decided to be assertive and I showed him interventions that I had to put in place to ensure improved performance like training of the consultants, that I also had to go an extra mile to get things done, working very long hours. I displayed professionalism during the confrontation and I remained calm. The lesson learnt out of that situation is that emotional intelligence is the best tool to apply, especially when you are under pressure. The best part of my job is making businesses improve their performance, through imparting of best practices. The spin-offs are seen in the improvement on audit outcomes of the clients and further improvement to service delivery in our country. The hardest part of my job is chasing targets and having to sleep very late at times. Management in my current company are very professional and accommodative. The latter goes for my co-workers as this culture is inculcated from the top.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Internet Service, Flexibility in hours of work
Cons
Long hours when due
Great work experience with knowledgeable individuals in a fast paced environment. Learned a lot about the External Confirmation process of Auditing. Supervisors were always helpful. Great co-workers who would lend a hand whenever needed.
Pros
free dinners, busy season events, nice office, friendly co-workers
Cons
no feedback from the company after the end of contract
Everyonw at PwC's HR SSC is very focused on the word Team. PwC is known for its culture and values around the country. This company is one of those companies that a person should have on their resume.
Challenging positions. As a contractor I was able to work in all departments and enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
contractor