RBS Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,554 reviews
I enjoy working with RBS, I was opportuned to work with different people with different skills. The company also spend alot on training and development, second to none I must say.
However the only con I have is growth. People dont want to leave and so it is difficult for career growth and prospects.
You can be here max up to 3 years then you have move else you feel you are not getting enough salary or growth compared to your friends at different companies doing same work
I have been working with RBS, Since 1.5 years and yes its an absolute pleasure working with RBS and i could manage both work and family and their is no limitations for dress code and of course security services awesome and more over its nice being a part of rbs group.
Indipendentemente dal fatto che l'azienda principale non assume mi è dispiaciuto tantissimo andare via refenti e colleghi ottimi
Pros
Le persone all'interno e i responsabili
Cons
L'azienda principale non assume
Apart from long traveling hours from home to office i like everything about this organization.
Worklife balance, good number of leaves, free meals, supportive management, relaxed environment to work, Fun activities, gym, separate sleeping room incase you are not well. You name it and its here
Pros
mentioned above
Cons
Low salary package
I had a very good experience with RBS.
I was a fresher when I joined RBS and I was able to learn how cooperate works.

It was a learning experience for me there.It was a very big company for for a fresher and a big platform to show my talent and skill.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Remuneration
Overall, its a great place to work . You will get various opportunities to learn and up-skill yourself. Recommended for the people who look for work life balance and fun at work.
I miss RBS, there were so much of learning. It is my first and best step towards my career. Wonderful leaders, Work culture and infrastructure is the best.Love RBS ever!!!!
I am so glad and privileged to work here. The work life balance is so good.. You can learn a lot. Best environment for fresher. More excited to work here
If you come into the company on the lowest rung you will have the most pressure on you. You are an expendable slug. You will be paid alright, depending on where you work. If you're in branch then you'll be the most done over for pay, and chances are if you go to the call centre in Manchester you'll not be paid as well as temporary staff elsewhere.

Most of the first point of contact work will be one of 3 things - genuinely lovely customers who will be super quick or want to have a bit of a chat (which a bad manager will probably flag you up for). Morons who don't understand about borrowing money from a bank/wanting to raise a complaint for something they're probably lying about. Cleaning up a mess a webchat agent in India has caused.

There's obviously a wide range of customers, but these tend to be the big 3. Shift patterns can be awful, but tend to be fixed for a week (e.g. one week you will do 9-5, the next 8-4, the next 12-8). However, this can change any time, they're meant to give you 2 weeks notice but frequently would not, and you would receive no notification of the change. Reductions in the team organising shift patterns led to a lot of slapdash work.

You will be trained to handle complaints, however will be expected to do it to a much higher standard than the actual complaints team, who will provide precious little information should you have to look into anything, and probably just bung £50 in someone's account without confirming anything with them and just hoping that and a letter will fix it.

Your management can vary, you'll either have the ultra-strict
 - more...
Pros
Pay can be great, some decent insurance benefits
Cons
Awful management on every level, concerning push towards lending
As a fresher your first job leaves a huge impact on your perception of work life and I am very grateful that I had the opportunity of getting my first job at RBS. RBS lets you have the perfect balance between your work and personal life. The work culture and environment makes you feel at ease. At RBS its not all work, they ensure that employees do have time to relax and de-stress from a hectic week. Sometimes they do have unrealistic deadlines which could increase work pressure. Overall RBS has been an enriching experience.
Pros
Workplace culture and environment
Cons
Deadlines
This best way to describe this work environment would be school-like. There is a lot of drama in the work place similar to a school yard, it seems very unorganised and unprofessional. The advice that we are instructed to provide to customers on the phone is unclear, and often unnecessary, ultimately making communication harder than it should be .
Pros
Pay
Was good experience with RBS. Being awarded for my hard work and appreciations from stakeholders, learn many process, migration process and automations
I loved working at RBS credit card department, straight from school. However they expect you to stick to unrealistic targets and the work life balance was not ideal.
Pros
Great people, good perks
Cons
Unrealistic targets, expect you to work, for little reward
The workplace culture is good. One will be able to learn a lot and improve skills. The team members are very helpful. The ability to improve one's skill is only if you show interest.
There is a lot to learn while working at RBS. Everyone over there is helpful and energectic. it was my great experience of working at RBS and a good environment.
Can be a good place to work, it depends on the team that you're working in. The job started off great but slowly became a less enjoyable. The bank appears to be changing direction again.
Adhere to meet tight deadlines along with tempting rewards.
Cooperative Work culture and Team work is applauded.

Employee friendly policies and encouraging rewards for best performance.
Pros
Free Cabs and one time Meal
Cons
Rotational Week Offs
Absolutely wonderful organization with brilliant management. Work culture is awsome. They care about their employees and value the feedback from even the first level employees.
team working very good. people want to help each other. Good support from management and wider team. Fast paced work with tight deadlines. Enjoyable time
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
tight deadlines
If you gonna start your career in banking sector, RBS is one of the best company to start with. Work culture is one of the best thing. Facilities provided for employees are like too cool. A person with a goal of achieving or improving self can grow easily in the organisation. The organisation also develops such qualities in the employees. Overall best company I have worked with.
Pros
Facilities, trainings, growth structure, work life balance, work culture, etc
Cons
Salary will be a small concern as it might be difficult for people to manage with current lifestyle.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBS. Our community is ready to answer.
1K