RBS Management reviews

Ireland8 reviews
There is never a typical day within the PMO team. Every day is different and often full on which is why we need to be prepared to deal with anything that is required of us. As a team we help the project teams understand systems, create and update pages in SharePoint to ensure the project teams have clear and concise information at their fingertips and all in one central location. MI reporting to senior management and stakeholders is updated on a regular basis to ensure it is available as and when requested. There really is never a dull moment in the PMO.
• extracting, transforming and adjusting data to correct for re-input into the RWA calculation
• analysing movements in portfolios, Basel metrics and resultant RWA effects and communicating key messages to Group Credit and wider audience

• management of risk model lifecycle including; development, testing, validation, implementation, maintenance & model risk frameworks
• improving MIS area and related reports using ETL tools
• assisting customers in architecting, planning, testing and deploying Microsoft, Oracle, database solutions
I spent 34 years working for NWB/RBS. I had my up and I had my downs, overall I would say I had more downs than ups.

I started in Branch banking and worked my way up to Branch Manager and then switched to Project Management. I preferred the latter.
Very strong and supportive management with friendly team. Busy office with a loads of deatils, organisation skills needed. Helpfull and friendly manner.
Supportive management team to achieve overall strategic goals.

Frustrating level of administration burden but this was not to be expected given the new external regulatory requirements imposed on large banks. However this was not helped by under resourcing of support staff.
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, as overall strategic goal is to achieve a wind down and ultimate exit from business area.