Radisson Blu Hotel

Radisson Blu Hotel Employee Reviews for Bartender

Very fast and busy environment. Good training provided. Big turnover in staff due to high amount of hours required to work. Friendly comradery between staff. Enjoyable experience overall.
The only thing I liked about this job is the friends I made here because they made the job not as stressful as it was in the beginning but my experience here was I thought it was good at the start until my hours were cut and I thought that was initally because my manager didn't like me for some reason and I was then let go without notice after going over my probation period.
Cons
A typical Day would open at 16.00 First person in for 15.00 setting up the place. Next person in at 4 food served Monday to Friday 16.00-21.30. Saturday & Sunday food served noon - 22.00. Bar would be divided into sections 1. Bartender 2. serving tables 3. Runner for the kitchen. I learnt an awful lot from my colleagues and management definitely every part of me improved from my communication skills to my interpersonal skills and my team player skills improved too. I also learnt an awful lot on how to deal with certain customers and how to handle any complaints if they arose. The hardest part of the job was the long unsociable hours during the busy season you could work 40 hours in 4 days depending on what functions are on. Also the hardest part too was the wages I found the money not very good and very hard to get a pay increase. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people everyday and making new friends. I also got great enjoyment and satisfaction when a customer left really happy with there food & the beverages and most importantly there waiter/waitress was of the highest of standards.
Pros
Free Lunches great work colleagues
Cons
Long & unsociable hours
Learned basic bar skills. Wasn't too difficult and I enjoyed working there and learning new skills. I can now work in any bar as I am capable of doing anything needed as a bartender.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Radisson Blu Hotel?