Radisson Blu Hotel

Radisson Blu Hotel Employee Reviews for Server

Server9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
I enjoyed working in the radisson blu hotel because I wanted to work somewhere that kept me busy and the radisson kept me busy every day with different jobs to do.
Pros
Free lunches
this high intensity industry kept me active which i loved, i loved the role i undertook i also loved my colleagues management however was not fair when delegating roles to each employee but nonetheless it was an eye opening experience to work for this company and create a deeper understanding of the high standards of this hotel
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days not enough pay
Set up for events and meetings, learn new skills and training each day, management is good, hard working environment. The hardest part of the job is you are never finished work at the allocated time and the most enjoyable part is making guests happy.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
This stylish waterfront hotel, set on the Lough Atalia, lies 230 m from the Galway railway station and a 5-minute walk from Eyre Square. Offering free Wi-Fi, the sophisticated rooms also have flat-screens with premium channels, minibars and 24/7 room service. Upgraded rooms add Nespresso machines and sea views, and some include breakfast. Suites have living areas and, in some cases, private terraces. Amenities include a high-end seafood restaurant, a sushi eatery and 2 bars, as well as an indoor pool, a fitness centre and a business centre. Spa facilities include beauty treatments and a salt therapy room. A paid buffet breakfast is available.
Would love to be still there, as it was a fun enviroment with friendly approachable management. The hardest part of my experience was the turn around for breakfest settings
Efficient, good sized roster, plenty of reliable managers. Enjoyable atmosphere to work in would involve going in stocking the bar and prepping for functions or the evening ahead, serving guests food and drink and cleaning the bar.
Pros
Good rates to stay in partner hotels
Cons
working in dinner and breakfast... the staff is not good trainning..
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no enough trainning
Radisson is a tough and demanding workplace where hours and rates depending on the season of the year. Rates are not great yet it is a fair contract position and it does give you prospects on up scaling your position to supervisor or manager. Main skills I learned i s : working behind a bar, serving variety of drinks (incl. cocktails),changing kegs etc, working in a restaurant : general duties such as taking orders operating micros computers to place orders banqueting experience: arranging function rooms for various event like weddings, conferences etc. Management is not always fair and cut your hours when they can - the hardest part of your job is doing split hours meaning you do morning shift and you have only 3 - 4 hours where you have to be back to do the evening shift. The enjoyable part is that you meet people from different parts of the world
Pros
Free Food Canteen, Trainings
Cons
Split Hours, Hard to negotiate days off
I learned alot of new skills working here and i also got to meet alot of kind people that are willing to help anyone. The jobs that where given to us where very hard to do but once you have someone to help you you will be fine working away hard.
Pros
we always head 15 to 30 mins brake with dinner
Cons
you can get up to 12 to 14 hours work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Radisson Blu Hotel?