RBC Employee Reviews

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 3,727 reviews
Productief bedrijf
Manager Purchases (Former Employee) –  Caribbean Islands28 June 2017
RBC was een gezellige werkomgeving met doorgroeimogelijkheden.
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 February 2017
The management were always friendly and courteous.

The hours were long and hard work.

The social life was the best part of this job and I enjoyed many good nights out in that company.
Pros
the friendly staff
Gran aprendizaje
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Irlanda5 October 2015
La experiencia resultó muy positiva ya que supuso el primer contacto real con la industria de los servicios financieros y por ello una etapa de aprendizaje muy importante donde tuve la oportunidad de trabajar con distintas estructuras inversoras así como con una gran variedad de productos, además de familiarizarme con el proceso general en sociedades colectivas de inversión. El aspecto negativo fue quizás la limitación a otras áreas fuera de las tareas primordiales asignadas al puesto.
Pros
Aprendizaje, ambiente laboral y balance vida privada/profesional
Cons
Tareas limitadas a la contabilización de los fondos
Best Investment research company in the Caribbean
Junior Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port of Spain12 February 2013
A typical Monday morning starts with a department meeting, with each team-member giving an oral/vocal presentation of the major events in his/her assigned industry sector. Major events include M&A activity, upside or downside surprises on earnings, potential R&D projects, sovereign issues/risks which may impact forecasted returns etc.

As a junior analyst assigned to International Utilities, I, along with a Senior Analyst, would present on specific companies in that sector. Apart from meetings, a typical day includes: updating share price movements of companies on the TTSE (Trinidad & Tobago Stock Exchange) and writing Research Updates (reports).

At this company, I learned to think holistically by incorporating investment, economic, accounting and risk knowledge into every report. I also gained an appreciation for the specific information needed by portfolio managers for their investment decisions.

The management and my co-workers, although deadline-driven themselves, found the time to ingratiate me into the corporate culture, and assisted in my investment software training.

The hardest part of being an analyst is knowing and appreciating that the job does not end at 5:00pm. As an analyst, keeping up with investment news is mandatory and at the end of the work day, I usually dedicate a couple of hours to Bloomberg TV. The most enjoyable part of being an analyst is that, unlike most other jobs, it never becomes mundane or boring.
Pros
exciting job (never mundane), intense training