Here to help: Coronavirus update

RBC Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews
Not all bad, not all good. But a good place to start
work culture needs improving although there are growing opportunities. Requires some fresh blood in some roles. Good place to learn the ropes and develop yourself
Productief bedrijf
RBC was een gezellige werkomgeving met doorgroeimogelijkheden.
The management were always friendly and courteous.

The hours were long and hard work.

The social life was the best part of this job and I enjoyed many good nights out in that company.
Pros
the friendly staff
Gran aprendizaje
La experiencia resultó muy positiva ya que supuso el primer contacto real con la industria de los servicios financieros y por ello una etapa de aprendizaje muy importante donde tuve la oportunidad de trabajar con distintas estructuras inversoras así como con una gran variedad de productos, además de familiarizarme con el proceso general en sociedades colectivas de inversión. El aspecto negativo fue quizás la limitación a otras áreas fuera de las tareas primordiales asignadas al puesto.
Pros
Aprendizaje, ambiente laboral y balance vida privada/profesional
Cons
Tareas limitadas a la contabilización de los fondos
Best Investment research company in the Caribbean
A typical Monday morning starts with a department meeting, with each team-member giving an oral/vocal presentation of the major events in his/her assigned industry sector. Major events include M&A activity, upside or downside surprises on earnings, potential R&D projects, sovereign issues/risks which may impact forecasted returns etc.

As a junior analyst assigned to International Utilities, I, along with a Senior Analyst, would present on specific companies in that sector. Apart from meetings, a typical day includes: updating share price movements of companies on the TTSE (Trinidad & Tobago Stock Exchange) and writing Research Updates (reports).

At this company, I learned to think holistically by incorporating investment, economic, accounting and risk knowledge into every report. I also gained an appreciation for the specific information needed by portfolio managers for their investment decisions.

The management and my co-workers, although deadline-driven themselves, found the time to ingratiate me into the corporate culture, and assisted in my investment software training.

The hardest part of being an analyst is knowing and appreciating that the job does not end at 5:00pm. As an analyst, keeping up with investment news is mandatory and at the end of the work day, I usually dedicate a couple of hours to Bloomberg TV. The most enjoyable part of being an analyst is that, unlike most other jobs, it never becomes mundane or boring.
Pros
exciting job (never mundane), intense training