Red Hat

Red Hat Employee Reviews

I have been working with this company for 3 to 4 years now and I love the flexibility, how people share knowledge and how important knowing about what you do is for them. Unfortunately it is growing quickly and a lot of those values are getting lost.
Excellent place to work, varied work schedule, Excellent people and work environment. Daily duties change everyday with no two days the same. Constantly learning new skills
loved working with the people. the job was very easy when the information /communication was properly communicated. got lead hand within a month and a half of being there
Red Hat is one of the best companies to work in. There is a lot of room for personal growth. Red Hat is a place that promotes inclusion, diversity, innovation, collaboration, client focus and so much more. I've been here for almost 3 years, worked in two different teams and I've always had fantastic managers and amazing co-workers. The open PTO plan is awesome, and something most companies should really adopt. I very much appreciate and enjoy our work from home flexibility and flexible work hours (within reason). Compensation could be improved a bit, but total benefits are really decent. The way Red Hat has handled COVID and other recent events truly amaze me. Our SLT really cares about us as employees and as people and I appreciate the level of transparency above many other qualities. I will be a happy employee of Red Hat for as long as they want me!
Pros
Free Drinks, Elevnsies on Friday and many more
Cons
New crop of management are not up to standard
A great learning experience with open source product management. Always ready to reinvent yourself with great minds at work. Indeed a futuristic journey.
There are many great people at Red Hat. Unfortunately I ended up with a nasty condescending manager with very little technical background in security. He hired me as a cloud security & deployment engineer then pulled a bait and switch on me and gave me an auditor's job. He then rated my performance on the new role he gave me with no previous audit experience. It was a disaster working for him. I never got to perform the role I interviewed for at Red Hat. So buyer beware.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Apparently I need to type 150 characters in order to meet the requirements, to make this form happy, Boo hiss.
Red Hat likes to boast about it's culture but it's slowly fading. I feel the atmosphere is relaxed with great people but management needs a huge Improvement. They need to look at people skills as a high priority rather than promoting someone into that position because they've been there a long time.

Other than that, the Company provides great benefits and the staff are spolit in terms of the snack programme, events, peer to peer recognition program etc.
Great Company to work with, Nice Salary, excellent services, awesome workspace , moreover they provide the best in class tech to ease your workload...
In red hat coworkers are been respectful, always willing to learn and to teach . Great team work . Focus and determine to achieve their golds . No racism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Red Hat?
Red Hat is a positive place to work with a great company culture. You have to be an advocate for your own career and advancement. There are good benefits.
Working with Red Hat Pune since one month. The work culture is awesome. With WFH facilities and more.
Cons They should reduce the number of meetings.
Enjoyed working with the whole new environment with highly encouraging and very helpful individuals.Working here gave me the path for learning and gave me a path to improve my career
There's always room for growth, innovation, learning and the ability to work remotely which helps with family/worklife balance. Each day brings new challenges and issues to address.
Innovative company allowing advancement opportunities if you know the right people. Need to develop clear career pathing for mid-level career professionals.
Fast-paced company, not extremely inclusive but working towards diversity. There is an emphasis on technical knowledge here and there are expectations to learn the product portfolio quickly
Good workplace, supportive environment and fast-paced work.
I have been working at Red Hat full-time for about a year

Pros

Good Culture Great learning curve Helpful colleagues Work life balance Free to learn and implement

Cons

Sometimes people try to create dependancy

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Take care of the employees who really wish to put effort to organisation success.
A very progressive and diverse workplace. Free snacks, coffee, drinks etc.A very google-esk environment. There were many open and private places you can use. It is generally and open work environment.
Pros
great collaborative environment
Great Company open culture flexible timings latest technology
Cloud Openstack,

Plenty of opportunity to learn new technology.

Open Management, Good place to be in
Great place to work! Work/Life Balance is great! I learned a lot in this position. Great culture and they really value all input! Great place to work!
As this was just a week placement I didn't really get much work to do but it helped me to learn about the working environment and the stresses of commuting to work everyday.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hat. Our community is ready to answer.