Reed Recruitment

Reed Recruitment Employee Reviews

I was only at reed as a consultant for 2 weeks ad the pandemic started and I was let go. However during that time I enjoyed the work. I also temped for them for 6 months prior to my employment as a consultant. I found them to be good communicators and always at the end of the phone if I had a query. They always ask to meet a candidate so they can look for work appropriate for them
Pros
great hours
Cons
no parking
Reed look after all their employee very well, their payment is regular and always correct at all time, their basic pay rate is encouraging indeed, all security employees working in good team player at work place.
Still waiting for a job 7 months later after my on site interview from reed in September I am very upset as in reed GLASGOW I was always busy and booked for 2 years
Very fast paced environment but challenging for the right person. If you are looking for a company to excel and to facilitate your growth REED is fantastic.
Good place to start a recruitment career. Very helpful and happy to invest in new consultants. High pressure but that's normal for this type of work...
After months of waiting for the position they promised, Reed did not support me whilst on the assignment, nor make me fully aware of the costs associated. Examples include; permanent employees get full reimbursement of the £8/day parking, whilst temps do not; temps are not permitted to work from home for any reason when perms are; temps are not invited to company social events; temps are treated and made to feel like second class employees in every way.
I left the assignment under a cloud with no back up or support from Reed. I am unlikely to trust or use them again.
Pros
Cons
The whole experience was bad from beginning to end.
Its what you would expect they look for work for you they take a while to answer but try to be helpful as best they can it was temp so i was happy with the weekly pay
Majority of wards are so rude to staff who are working on bank, so try do your research first. Weekends are such better than weekdays pay wise.........
If you work hard you get great financial benefits both short and long term. Great training provided over your first 2 years with encouragement to start an apprenticship.
I began working for Reed working as agency at the Next photography studio as a studio assistant. After only working as agency for a few weeks I was then asked to interview for a permanent role at Next and was successful. Dee was incredibly easy to talk to and was always there if I needed anything. I’m really grateful to Dee and Reed for the kick start to my career!
I've registered with Reed a number of times. Experience differs between consultants. Either, nobody ever calls you for work, you get sent to the other side of Timbuctu...or, as soon as a life event comes up which prevents you from working, you get dropped. It's all about then hitting their personal bonus targets and earning commission after all...
Very friendly and interesting place to work,management are very professional and caring intrested In solving problems for staffs and they provide good customer service to their clients
Checking data accuracy for technical support.Never worked in food environment everyday a learning curve.
Small working environment my direct manager is away on business most weeks. Very supportive.

Hardest part of the job, lack of communication.
At Reed i had my first sighting into dealing with customers over the phone. I learnt all about the in house system and how to communicate in the right way both by phone and via email.

I learned a lot of communication and people skills from my time at Reed as well advancing my already top standard attention to detail in the Microsoft packages.
Pros
Great company, learned great people skills.
Cons
I had a fantastic regional manager but unfortunately had some awful managers which made the experience worse. 8am to 6pm days and the business in general is very old fashioned for example they introduced mufti days only last year
Pros
Good earning potential
Cons
Old fashioned company
fantastic for personal development and training for account management and negotiation, Reed do invest a lot of time and money into up skilling the right candidates
Pros
Good Socials
Cons
KPI Driven / Micro Mangaed
I have been at REED a while now and I may not have senior position or play a vital part in the day to day running of the business but when it comes to working for the company they do notice the hard work and efforts of everyone. In the time I have been there I have progressed into roles, helped out other teams during busy times and feel my both my former and current team leader/managers have always trusted me with more senior tasks and encouraged me to think about progression. My only gripes would be the new pay structure makes it impossible for you to achieve targets and in turn get a bonus - I do hope this is revised soon as it’s created a lack of enthusiasm amongst other screening executives which creates a negative working environment at times.

I would also recommend when they push for progression they also provide adequate training and support when someone is successful - not everyone will have experience in TL roles so when they can talk the talk during the interviewing process they severely struggle to walk the walk after being selected for the roles.
I never worked directly for Reed but was subcontracted by them to other employers as a temporary worker on several occasions. Reed were always helpful.
I worked for reed for a year, the opportunities you get are great and you are really pushed out of your comfort zone for different jobs. However when I left the manager refused to pay me or issue me with tax documents so I had to raise this with the citizens advice beuro so yeah they took me leaving quite personally, there are also some weird people who work through the agency who after tonnes of complaints still work there, I mean literally touch your hair stroke your back creepy.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Weird managers
Excellent team work, supportive staff training and goals. Listening management and career support ethics. Quite rewarding for hard work and delligence.
Most of my time at Reed meant that I was waiting for work which never really came. I took all the work I could get, and the flexibility of freelance work was great, but I never felt like there was a huge amount of work available for me. I was working as a primary school teaching assistant and I didn't feel like I could survive on the amount of work that was offered me. So after 6 months I decided to find work independently.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours.
Cons
Not enough work available.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.