Reed Recruitment Employee Reviews

Great recruitment company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surrey29 December 2019
If you work hard you get great financial benefits both short and long term. Great training provided over your first 2 years with encouragement to start an apprenticship.
Helps you get on the ladder
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 December 2019
I began working for Reed working as agency at the Next photography studio as a studio assistant. After only working as agency for a few weeks I was then asked to interview for a permanent role at Next and was successful. Dee was incredibly easy to talk to and was always there if I needed anything. I’m really grateful to Dee and Reed for the kick start to my career!
Dont upset your consultant...
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire21 November 2019
I've registered with Reed a number of times. Experience differs between consultants. Either, nobody ever calls you for work, you get sent to the other side of Timbuctu...or, as soon as a life event comes up which prevents you from working, you get dropped. It's all about then hitting their personal bonus targets and earning commission after all...
Nice place to work
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2019
Very friendly and interesting place to work,management are very professional and caring intrested In solving problems for staffs and they provide good customer service to their clients
Great Agency
Technical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire24 October 2019
Checking data accuracy for technical support.Never worked in food environment everyday a learning curve.
Small working environment my direct manager is away on business most weeks. Very supportive.
Hardest part of the job, lack of communication.
Internship
Sales Consultant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Reed11 October 2019
At Reed i had my first sighting into dealing with customers over the phone. I learnt all about the in house system and how to communicate in the right way both by phone and via email.

I learned a lot of communication and people skills from my time at Reed as well advancing my already top standard attention to detail in the Microsoft packages.
Pros
Great company, learned great people skills.
All down to management
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes13 September 2019
I had a fantastic regional manager but unfortunately had some awful managers which made the experience worse. 8am to 6pm days and the business in general is very old fashioned for example they introduced mufti days only last year
Pros
Good earning potential
Cons
Old fashioned company
Great For Skills
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Recruitment Consultant2 September 2019
fantastic for personal development and training for account management and negotiation, Reed do invest a lot of time and money into up skilling the right candidates
Pros
Good Socials
Cons
KPI Driven / Micro Mangaed
Love Mondays.
Screening Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester13 August 2019
I have been at REED a while now and I may not have senior position or play a vital part in the day to day running of the business but when it comes to working for the company they do notice the hard work and efforts of everyone. In the time I have been there I have progressed into roles, helped out other teams during busy times and feel my both my former and current team leader/managers have always trusted me with more senior tasks and encouraged me to think about progression. My only gripes would be the new pay structure makes it impossible for you to achieve targets and in turn get a bonus - I do hope this is revised soon as it’s created a lack of enthusiasm amongst other screening executives which creates a negative working environment at times.

I would also recommend when they push for progression they also provide adequate training and support when someone is successful - not everyone will have experience in TL roles so when they can talk the talk during the interviewing process they severely struggle to walk the walk after being selected for the roles.
Always able to keep me in short term temporary work but not able to find me many permanent full time roles
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire7 August 2019
I never worked directly for Reed but was subcontracted by them to other employers as a temporary worker on several occasions. Reed were always helpful.
Mixed opinion
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 August 2019
I worked for reed for a year, the opportunities you get are great and you are really pushed out of your comfort zone for different jobs. However when I left the manager refused to pay me or issue me with tax documents so I had to raise this with the citizens advice beuro so yeah they took me leaving quite personally, there are also some weird people who work through the agency who after tonnes of complaints still work there, I mean literally touch your hair stroke your back creepy.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Weird managers
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds13 July 2019
Excellent team work, supportive staff training and goals. Listening management and career support ethics. Quite rewarding for hard work and delligence.
Never had enough work.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford3 July 2019
Most of my time at Reed meant that I was waiting for work which never really came. I took all the work I could get, and the flexibility of freelance work was great, but I never felt like there was a huge amount of work available for me. I was working as a primary school teaching assistant and I didn't feel like I could survive on the amount of work that was offered me. So after 6 months I decided to find work independently.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours.
Cons
Not enough work available.
Truly wonderful Environment, People and work load.
Administrative Intern (Temporary until August) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster7 May 2019
I have worked as an administrator for many years and this has been one of the most enjoyable experiences in my career, the people really care about their clients and candidates and truly make anyone one and everyone welcome.

I've learned a few additional Administration skills while working here and imparted a few tidbits of my own knowledge and been fully acknowledged for it all.

There are no parts of this job too hard or lacking in support and I would continue to work here providing that was an option.
Pros
Wonderful, welcoming and happy place
Cons
Literally 0 Cons
good team
Hybrid Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London22 March 2019
calling candidates and trying to develop business to supply to the construction industry. very cut throat and not many people willing to give guidance.
Agency
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire7 February 2019
I have worked under a number of personnel at Reed with some being more helpful and interactive than others. I have found temping through them an experience and one that I was hoping to carry on with my team being made redundant.
Pros
flexibility
Temporary Contract
Customer Service Advisor - English Heritage (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire28 January 2019
I used Reed recruitment to gain some work experience as I was in the process of finishing my masters degree.
They found me a job working for English Heritage, but I must say they had limited involvement in my temporary contract. I mainly spoke to the managers at English Heritage surrounding my temporary contract.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Various Opportunities
Cons
Pay.
Very nice staff
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 October 2018
The staff at reed are very helpful always on the phone or email when you need them polite and cheery when you speak to them .
They are always happy to find you the work that you need when you need it.
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Could pay more an hour
Great agency
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nantwich, Cheshire10 July 2018
Fabulous staff. Good support. Reed rewards is a really good scheme for its staff. Pay always correct. Technical support very good. Dedicated teams of recruitment agents who know their schools well and the staff.
Professional and friendly recruitment staff
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire2 May 2018
I have dealt with Reed Recruitment since September 2017 and have found them to be very professional, friendly and helpful. The recruitment staff strive to place candidates in appropriate roles.
Pros
Try to place in appropriate roles
Cons
Competition with other Recruitment Agencys

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.