Rehab Group Employee Reviews

Working with people with people of varying ability. I loved this work.
Instructor - Rehabilitative Training (Former Employee) –  Cork12 December 2019
Good in-house training. Very supportive management. Involvement with all aspects of student life; from interviewing to training. Fabulous and supportive colleagues. Very interesting work; I loved meeting and working with a variety of trainees.
Pros
Lunchtime meals; cooked by trainees. Very good value.
Home support worker limerick
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 November 2019
Very unprofessional, don’t care about their clients or carers. Manager is best friends with one of the carers, no confidentially. Carers are over worked and at risk of crashing. Forced going to clients homes when feeling uncomfortable. I would not recommend working for home support in limerick. Manager has no experience in this type of work or qualifications.
Home support limerick
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 November 2019
Productive and rewarding
Relief Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth20 November 2019
Helping others achieve their educational needs and requirements to either enter into the workforce or further their education.
Good staff relations.
Nice place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary10 October 2019
Nice place to work. It is managed very well. For career development i personally find the whole experience very good. Staff and management are really good.
Good company /poor salary
Program facilitor (Current Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois8 September 2019
Overall it's a good company to work for good staff benefits ,great work life balance . Hrs kept within 48 hrs max per week . Weekends off every 2nd week. Plenty of rest time . Holidays, sick pay and annual leave is great . Even have pension scheme and lunch allowances . Training is also good .
Cons: paid monthly ,so some times u go 5 weeks without being paid . You get pd salary so every month the same. Can't keep staff as salary is low compared to other companies . Although the benefits are better
Good place to work.
Care facillitator (Former Employee) –  Ireland8 August 2019
Great company with friendly environment . The line manager was very good she helped me with my resume before I obtain my certificate. My short period I was trained on fire safety and First aid training . Service users are happy and get along well with staff . I love working with this company again..
No respect for staff
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Galway2 December 2018
I was treated really bad by this organization. Once you challenge any of their pollicies or practice you are in trouble. If you keep your mouth shut work loads of hours for pad pay you will do fine. More concerned about profit than staff or service users. Couldn't get staff where I worked not suprisingly. Many staff left I was not the only one disrespected. Never again. Unless you are desperate stay away from this organization of bullies.
Pros
Disrespect
Cons
Disrespect
Great Teamwork and Upskilling Support
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary27 June 2018
I found RehabCare to be a great employer to work for. It enabled me to be able to complete the educational requirements needed for my job e.g. fire safety, manual handling, food safety etc.

There was an open door policy and great support given to me by my line management.
Pros
Support - Educational Opportunities - Great Comraderie
Cons
Good work ethic of all team
Programmes Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bray15 November 2017
There is a good variety of work to do. I have been given opportunities which have helped me advance in my career. The management is the best I've ever experienced. Positive work environment with good team members.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Long commute
A great learning experience
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick7 September 2017
I worked here for several months, and in my time I was offered opportunities to further enhance my skills, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the service users achieve their goals and helping them along the way.
Production operative
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin19 June 2017
I have a cert in manual handling I have a year in store and warehouse and doing paperwork and some yard work production operative we dismantle base units and network and servers and do some blanking laptop and computer as well as monitors we also sell laptops and base units and monitors
Pros
Pension
Not a bad place to work
Home support worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 November 2016
Rehab is probably one of the better companies to work if your looking to work in the Caring industry, the best of a bad bunch I would say if you are looking to gain QQI certification you won't get it with Rehab and would be better doing it yourself.
A lot of the work can be quiet demanding for the rates they pay.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Pay could be better

Comment – 13 February 2018

Find an easier way to make a living because you wont pay rent or a mortage on 11.87 an hour.

Gained so much experience
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath11 August 2016
pleasant co workers, very different in their own ways, mostly good to work with.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team and getting to know the personalities of each service user i encountered.
Pros
Paid half hour break
Cons
bad management in changes in contract
Fun Place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Limerick10 July 2016
Centre administrator with responsibility for the day to day running of administration. Worked directly with Centre Manager and Staff. Also allowed to communicate with clients and families which is a great privilege.
Pros
Allowed to work with clients and families. Training and Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Rehabcare
Home Support Worker . (Former Employee) –  Cork21 June 2016
Worked there about two years, its the best of a bad bunch within the care industry if you have the option of another job outside of the care industry I would take it because this job isn't the easiest and poorly paid, since all the cutbacks the HSE have been off loading more and more duties onto the care companies so care staff have become jack of all trades.

If you are looking to get QQI qualifications the company will train and fund these but you will never get your certificates, its there way of holding on to staff.
Pros
Seems to be plenty of work
Cons
Pay/certification.

Comment – 29 June 2017

Agree 100% worked there, best of a bad bunch, you are better off doing your QQI certs yourself, you hand in your assignments, and you never hear anything again.

Wheels are slow to turn
Applications Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 November 2014
Company rewards Longevity in every way, through Long Service Award, opportunity given to longest serving employee to step in to role of manager whilst other more suitable candidates are often overlooked.