Rehab Group

Rehab Group Employee Reviews

Ireland20 reviews
I really enjoy working with Rehab Care, really enjoy helping others and support them in their daily living activities. I am currently working as a support worker in residential houses. I am doing sleep over shifts and I am key working a Service User which I really enjoy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I only worked for Rehabcare approx one month to six weeks. I experienced too many power trip and personal ego struggles within a confined work environment.
I was left short pay for hours worked after contact with management without reply.

I experienced a very high turn over of staff. This tells its own story.
Pros
Got to do very beneficial MAPA training.
Cons
Vast list of cleaning chores . Was left short pay for hours worked.
I loved working at Rehab. You will get everything you put into working at Rehab back one hundred fold. It Is a great place to work and extremely rewarding.
Company is good, I great immense job satisfaction in helping others and knowing that any strategic decisions I am involved in help to plan and hopefully make a meaningful impact on our students lives.
Recent changes over the last 3 years have made the role a lot more about paper work and this impacts the actual outcomes of students which is essential as many in my region would not be candidates for FET but might someday get to a job.

The progression is quite a challenge, would like to see more of this. Lots of very long term staff, which can be either positive or negative situation dependent.

Recruitment is a constant challenge but can be worked on with careful planning.

Line Managers are by in large very helpful and supportive, so far have not met with anyone who has not helped out if asked or given guidance when needed.
Working with rehab had been fantastic,but stressful and driving around ,clients does not get enough orientation and organizing staff is not good enough.
Good in-house training. Very supportive management. Involvement with all aspects of student life; from interviewing to training. Fabulous and supportive colleagues. Very interesting work; I loved meeting and working with a variety of trainees.
Pros
Lunchtime meals; cooked by trainees. Very good value.
Cons
Helping others achieve their educational needs and requirements to either enter into the workforce or further their education.
Good staff relations.
Nice place to work. It is managed very well. For career development i personally find the whole experience very good. Staff and management are really good.
Overall it's a good company to work for good staff benefits ,great work life balance . Hrs kept within 48 hrs max per week . Weekends off every 2nd week. Plenty of rest time . Holidays, sick pay and annual leave is great . Even have pension scheme and lunch allowances . Training is also good .
Cons: paid monthly ,so some times u go 5 weeks without being paid . You get pd salary so every month the same. Can't keep staff as salary is low compared to other companies . Although the benefits are better
Great company with friendly environment . The line manager was very good she helped me with my resume before I obtain my certificate. My short period I was trained on fire safety and First aid training . Service users are happy and get along well with staff . I love working with this company again..
I was treated really bad by this organization. Once you challenge any of their pollicies or practice you are in trouble. If you keep your mouth shut work loads of hours for pad pay you will do fine. More concerned about profit than staff or service users. Couldn't get staff where I worked not suprisingly. Many staff left I was not the only one disrespected. Never again. Unless you are desperate stay away from this organization of bullies.
Pros
Disrespect
Cons
Disrespect
I found RehabCare to be a great employer to work for. It enabled me to be able to complete the educational requirements needed for my job e.g. fire safety, manual handling, food safety etc.

There was an open door policy and great support given to me by my line management.
Pros
Support - Educational Opportunities - Great Comraderie
Cons
There is a good variety of work to do. I have been given opportunities which have helped me advance in my career. The management is the best I've ever experienced. Positive work environment with good team members.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Long commute
I worked here for several months, and in my time I was offered opportunities to further enhance my skills, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the service users achieve their goals and helping them along the way.
I have a cert in manual handling I have a year in store and warehouse and doing paperwork and some yard work production operative we dismantle base units and network and servers and do some blanking laptop and computer as well as monitors we also sell laptops and base units and monitors
Pros
Pension
Cons
Rehab is probably one of the better companies to work if your looking to work in the Caring industry, the best of a bad bunch I would say if you are looking to gain QQI certification you won't get it with Rehab and would be better doing it yourself.
A lot of the work can be quiet demanding for the rates they pay.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Pay could be better
Comment – 13 February 2018
Find an easier way to make a living because you wont pay rent or a mortage on 11.87 an hour.
pleasant co workers, very different in their own ways, mostly good to work with.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team and getting to know the personalities of each service user i encountered.
Pros
Paid half hour break
Cons
bad management in changes in contract
Centre administrator with responsibility for the day to day running of administration. Worked directly with Centre Manager and Staff. Also allowed to communicate with clients and families which is a great privilege.
Pros
Allowed to work with clients and families. Training and Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Worked there about two years, its the best of a bad bunch within the care industry if you have the option of another job outside of the care industry I would take it because this job isn't the easiest and poorly paid, since all the cutbacks the HSE have been off loading more and more duties onto the care companies so care staff have become jack of all trades.

If you are looking to get QQI qualifications the company will train and fund these but you will never get your certificates, its there way of holding on to staff.
Pros
Seems to be plenty of work
Cons
Pay/certification.
Comment – 29 June 2017
Agree 100% worked there, best of a bad bunch, you are better off doing your QQI certs yourself, you hand in your assignments, and you never hear anything again.
Company rewards Longevity in every way, through Long Service Award, opportunity given to longest serving employee to step in to role of manager whilst other more suitable candidates are often overlooked.