Rehab Group

Rehab Group Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews

Lovely staff and management

Low payed compared to other companies. Poor yearly incriments. Alot is expected from you that is above your pay grade. Good job for someone starting out in social care.

Pros

No out of pocket expenses. Free gp service.

Cons

Poor pay

Terrible place to work

Awful culture, they treat long term employees terribly. Very poorly managed and the recruitment system is flawed, they can't attract talent and I would not recommend this organisation to anyone.

Loved this company

I had to leave this company due to family related issues. However it was the best company I have worked for and would love to join thier team again.

Excellent service and great support from our staff

It’s an excellent organization despite the issues that I have outlined below. We need to get a new house/ hostel for the elimination of our problems in regards to the transportation of our clients around our city

Pros

Lovely people to work with and helping people like me to better themselves

Cons

No live in facilities or local respite care. The nearest center of respite is in west cork

Wonderful place to work

I absolutely loved working for Rehabcare I meet the most wonderful staff, students and service users not many can say they like their job but I really did such a sense of appreciation. It was a very welcoming and inclusive place to work and my only reason for leaving was i needed full time hours and unfortunately the company couldn't provide more hours.

Pros

Great rate of pay

Cons

No parking

Lovely company to work for

This company is a great place to work. Unfortunately with cuts from the government the pay is not good. It would be hard to leave such a good work environment with a great team and management but its the money that is the only down fall

Pros

Friendly professional and pension scheme

Cons

Pay

Excellent workplace

I loved working at Rehab. You will get everything you put into working at Rehab back one hundred fold. It Is a great place to work and extremely rewarding.

Currently working wiht Rehab Care

I really enjoy working with Rehab Care, really enjoy helping others and support them in their daily living activities. I am currently working as a support worker in residential houses. I am doing sleep over shifts and I am key working a Service User which I really enjoy.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Good worklife- but needs updating on progression

Company is good, I great immense job satisfaction in helping others and knowing that any strategic decisions I am involved in help to plan and hopefully make a meaningful impact on our students lives. Recent changes over the last 3 years have made the role a lot more about paper work and this impacts the actual outcomes of students which is essential as many in my region would not be candidates for FET but might someday get to a job. The progression is quite a challenge, would like to see more of this. Lots of very long term staff, which can be either positive or negative situation dependent. Recruitment is a constant challenge but can be worked on with careful planning. Line Managers are by in large very helpful and supportive, so far have not met with anyone who has not helped out if asked or given guidance when needed.

Fantastic

Working with rehab had been fantastic,but stressful and driving around ,clients does not get enough orientation and organizing staff is not good enough.

Working with people with people of varying ability. I loved this work.

Good in-house training. Very supportive management. Involvement with all aspects of student life; from interviewing to training. Fabulous and supportive colleagues. Very interesting work; I loved meeting and working with a variety of trainees.

Pros

Lunchtime meals; cooked by trainees. Very good value.

Productive and rewarding

Helping others achieve their educational needs and requirements to either enter into the workforce or further their education. Good staff relations.

Nice place to work

Nice place to work. It is managed very well. For career development i personally find the whole experience very good. Staff and management are really good.

Good company /poor salary

Overall it's a good company to work for good staff benefits ,great work life balance . Hrs kept within 48 hrs max per week . Weekends off every 2nd week. Plenty of rest time . Holidays, sick pay and annual leave is great . Even have pension scheme and lunch allowances . Training is also good . Cons: paid monthly ,so some times u go 5 weeks without being paid . You get pd salary so every month the same. Can't keep staff as salary is low compared to other companies . Although the benefits are better

Good place to work.

Great company with friendly environment . The line manager was very good she helped me with my resume before I obtain my certificate. My short period I was trained on fire safety and First aid training . Service users are happy and get along well with staff . I love working with this company again..

No respect for staff

I was treated really bad by this organization. Once you challenge any of their pollicies or practice you are in trouble. If you keep your mouth shut work loads of hours for pad pay you will do fine. More concerned about profit than staff or service users. Couldn't get staff where I worked not suprisingly. Many staff left I was not the only one disrespected. Never again. Unless you are desperate stay away from this organization of bullies.

Pros

Disrespect

Cons

Disrespect

Great Teamwork and Upskilling Support

I found RehabCare to be a great employer to work for. It enabled me to be able to complete the educational requirements needed for my job e.g. fire safety, manual handling, food safety etc. There was an open door policy and great support given to me by my line management.

Pros

Support - Educational Opportunities - Great Comraderie

Cons

Good work ethic of all team

There is a good variety of work to do. I have been given opportunities which have helped me advance in my career. The management is the best I've ever experienced. Positive work environment with good team members.

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

Long commute

A great learning experience

I worked here for several months, and in my time I was offered opportunities to further enhance my skills, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the service users achieve their goals and helping them along the way.

Production operative

I have a cert in manual handling I have a year in store and warehouse and doing paperwork and some yard work production operative we dismantle base units and network and servers and do some blanking laptop and computer as well as monitors we also sell laptops and base units and monitors

Pros

Pension

Not a bad place to work

Rehab is probably one of the better companies to work if your looking to work in the Caring industry, the best of a bad bunch I would say if you are looking to gain QQI certification you won't get it with Rehab and would be better doing it yourself. A lot of the work can be quiet demanding for the rates they pay.

Pros

Flexible hrs

Cons

Pay could be better

– 13 February 2018
Find an easier way to make a living because you wont pay rent or a mortage on 11.87 an hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehab Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Rehab Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?