Retronix Semiconductor
Retronix Semiconductor Employee Review

Good pay but no job security

28 November 2018
I am writing this review to warn others about this company. While the pay is great I would suggest finding somewhere else as you might get the job and be fired the week after.

Retronix have no regard for their employees at all, recently we have been told that we are being forced to take off 6 weeks for Christmas without any pay as there is no work for us to do.

Also, a level 1 technician as they phrase it is simply a trolley pusher. You push a trolley around a clean room for hours on end, there is no way to further on any of your skills and you learn nothing from this job.

What they don't tell you as well, when there is no work, you literally do nothing. While this sounds like the dream job in theory it actually isn't. Sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing can feel like a lifetime and makes you feel useless and unproductive.

I don't understand why Intel hired this useless company for certain contracts as Retronix is one of the most unorganised companies I've ever seen in my life, most of the time they don't know where their staff are and during our training week we were basically told to stay in a room for a few hours and hide from Intel staff in case they see that we are doing nothing (which we were).

Also, working here has been like were back in school, rumours get spread around like wildfire and you never know what to believe, there's a lot of childish bullying among staff and you never know if you should believe what you hear.

Aside from all the negatives, some of the people in there are great and some of the supervisors are great also. The pay is pretty
 - more...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
1 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) - Intel, Leixlip.
I spent a couple of months with the company at the Intel site in Leixlip. During this time I found them very professional and very good to work with. The trainers/supervisors knew their jobs well and there was no sense of them being 'better than us', as they had all to start somewhere too.
I would recommend this company look forward to hearing from them again.
Pros
Above. Good pay and time off.
Cons
None that I am aware of.
9 May 2019
Same roleSame location
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) - Leixlip Ireland
My time working at Retronix semiconductor was great because they offered to pay for vision insurance for no cost and the management was great to work for and to work with them. It was definitely a good experience and the working hours were good. The days off were flexible. I would recommend Retronix semiconductor to anyone.
Pros
Great pay for the amount of hours worked
Cons
Only con is that my contact got terminated
16 August 2020
Same location
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
Good place to boost career in semiconductor, also handy for people who need to gain experience in GMP environment if aiming for pharma industry. Enjoyed every moment of my short term contract. Would sign another one without second of hesitation.
Pros
Hourly rate, properly paid over times, good management team etc
Cons
In my case-short term contract