Retronix Semiconductor

Retronix Semiconductor Employee Reviews in Leixlip, County Kildare

Year with Retronix
I used to work for them for a year during my college in Leixlip manufacturing plant. And I can honestly recommend it to anybody that is looking for a experience in micro chips manufacturing.
Very poor
Wasted time working for them. Would not advise anyone to consider working for them as thay will treat you like dirt...............................................................
Scumbags
Dont waste your time with these clowns. You spend 12 hours a day either pushing a trolley or hiding from blue badges if theres nothing to do. They do not care about employees. If it gets too quiet they will lay you off for a month with no pay. They also fire at will. I seen them fire 1 guy because he didnt fill out a report sheet properly and another who was accused of being aggressive when he was probably the nicest person there. Also if you are a green badge you are looked down on by the blue badges its pathetic. Stay clear of this place you can do better.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Enjoyable and good workplace
My time working at Retronix semiconductor was great because they offered to pay for vision insurance for no cost and the management was great to work for and to work with them. It was definitely a good experience and the working hours were good. The days off were flexible. I would recommend Retronix semiconductor to anyone.
Pros
Great pay for the amount of hours worked
Cons
Only con is that my contact got terminated
Contract work
Been serving under the rtx banner a while now, as contract work goes, can't fault it too much.

Good pay, good time off and good people around me.

Those are important things to me, and they are all there.
Pros
Contracts have great conditions
Cons
Contracts have end dates
Great place to work and i really enjoyed my time there.
Very good company to work for, I really enjoyed working there and wished it would last longer as I learned a lot and liked the job, it's a challenging job when you have the protective clothing on but you get used to it, I have fond memories of working with retronix and Intel and hope in the future to work for them again.
Pros
Long breaks, friendly co workers
Great place,great management,good salary.
This is one of the better place in which I have worked.When it comes to management,co-workers, and pay, I can not complain either. I recommend.Thomas.
Definitely worth a chance.
I enjoyed working with Retronix. Although things did not translate well at first as there was a lot of miscommunication and disorganisation, I later found that this was not actually the companies fault. As the client that they worked for was not organised themselves and thus left Retronix with little time for planning and cohesion. Despite some unrelated run ins with other staff members, the company experience and my time with them was very enjoyable. I gained knowledge, understanding, purpose, responsibility, discipline, friendship and opportunity.
I was treated respectfully and the management helped accommodate me where ever I needed assistance or help.

When the contract comes to an end I can honestly say I will miss working for them (should there be no further positions available).

Retronix was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend anyone to apply should you be gifted the opportunity.
Manufacturing technician
Retronix Semiconductors are an excellent company to work for and has a great culture and working environment.

There is also a great work/ life balance
Daily
Work duties changes from day to day. Diverse environment and always challenging makes the job enjoyable and unpredictable. Work life balance is fair. .
Dreadful company
I was taken on on a perm contract but it became very clear that the the role was a temp role to carry out a project. I was put on a lay off with no pay after 8 weeks but before I was told I had to take holidays. Have been sitting in a room on night shift for 9 hours with no work to do with the rest of my shift. I'm annoyed as I left a job to come here. Beware of this company. Salary is paid on time but on other real benefits. Don't feel that the management know what they are doing or if they do they are not honest with people they are hiring. The work is brain numbing. Pushing trollies. Not a MT role.
Cowboys
Not paid what I was promised, forced to take unpaid leave at no notice, promised the job was permanent and it is clearly only a very short contract, often told to hide away from the customer so they cannot see that we have nothing to do. I cannot wait to find something better and longer term.
Pros
Working in the Intel site
Cons
Everything about Retronix
Good pay but no job security
I am writing this review to warn others about this company. While the pay is great I would suggest finding somewhere else as you might get the job and be fired the week after.

Retronix have no regard for their employees at all, recently we have been told that we are being forced to take off 6 weeks for Christmas without any pay as there is no work for us to do.

Also, a level 1 technician as they phrase it is simply a trolley pusher. You push a trolley around a clean room for hours on end, there is no way to further on any of your skills and you learn nothing from this job.

What they don't tell you as well, when there is no work, you literally do nothing. While this sounds like the dream job in theory it actually isn't. Sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing can feel like a lifetime and makes you feel useless and unproductive.

I don't understand why Intel hired this useless company for certain contracts as Retronix is one of the most unorganised companies I've ever seen in my life, most of the time they don't know where their staff are and during our training week we were basically told to stay in a room for a few hours and hide from Intel staff in case they see that we are doing nothing (which we were).

Also, working here has been like were back in school, rumours get spread around like wildfire and you never know what to believe, there's a lot of childish bullying among staff and you never know if you should believe what you hear.

Aside from all the negatives, some of the people in there are great and some of the supervisors are great also. The pay is pretty
 - more...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
To say the least Disapointing
You'd expect working for a company like Intel would be great but it is far from it. Blue badge managers looking down on you for only being green badge no job security. The wages are fine you are payed on time but most of the time ive been working here ive been sitting for 9 hours and working on and off for 3 the people you are around are great but its such a boring job and its way too easy to get fired. The shifts are too long especially night shift you come off shift sleep and when you wake up your straight back into work. And the days off are not worth it by the time your sleeping normally again your right back in. Im not happy with my employment here and i am currently looking for a change.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Long hours, unsatisfying work
Very productive and trustworthy.
Meeting at 8 a.m. for assignment of tasks. Normally 2 man crew. Work is equally shared between us. Break @ 9:30 and 1:00. Meet up @ end of shift to discuss progress of work.
Pros
Left to your own devices to get job done. Always someone to help out or be helped out.
Cons
None I can think of.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retronix Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.
Retronix Semiconductor Reviews by Location