Retronix Semiconductor

Retronix Semiconductor Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Technician

Dreadful company
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare1 March 2019
I was taken on on a perm contract but it became very clear that the the role was a temp role to carry out a project. I was put on a lay off with no pay after 8 weeks but before I was told I had to take holidays. Have been sitting in a room on night shift for 9 hours with no work to do with the rest of my shift. I'm annoyed as I left a job to come here. Beware of this company. Salary is paid on time but on other real benefits. Don't feel that the management know what they are doing or if they do they are not honest with people they are hiring. The work is brain numbing. Pushing trollies. Not a MT role.
Pros
Cons
Good pay but no job security
"Manufacturing Technician" (Trolley Pusher) (Current Employee) –  Intel, Leixlip28 November 2018
I am writing this review to warn others about this company. While the pay is great I would suggest finding somewhere else as you might get the job and be fired the week after.

Retronix have no regard for their employees at all, recently we have been told that we are being forced to take off 6 weeks for Christmas without any pay as there is no work for us to do.

Also, a level 1 technician as they phrase it is simply a trolley pusher. You push a trolley around a clean room for hours on end, there is no way to further on any of your skills and you learn nothing from this job.

What they don't tell you as well, when there is no work, you literally do nothing. While this sounds like the dream job in theory it actually isn't. Sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing can feel like a lifetime and makes you feel useless and unproductive.

I don't understand why Intel hired this useless company for certain contracts as Retronix is one of the most unorganised companies I've ever seen in my life, most of the time they don't know where their staff are and during our training week we were basically told to stay in a room for a few hours and hide from Intel staff in case they see that we are doing nothing (which we were).

Also, working here has been like were back in school, rumours get spread around like wildfire and you never know what to believe, there's a lot of childish bullying among staff and you never know if you should believe what you hear.

Aside from all the negatives, some of the people in there are great and some of the supervisors are great also. The pay is pretty
  more... good but it comes with a lot of responsibility and you are nearly always paid on time. The days off are great, especially if you're planning a trip away for a few days.

But overall, I suggest finding a different job as you have no security here and no matter how hard you work they can fire you in a heartbeat. With regards to the forced 6 weeks off, none of us have a say in this as if we bring it up we will be fired straight away and we have no legal leg to stand on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security