Retronix Semiconductor

Retronix Semiconductor Management reviews

Ireland34 reviews
Typical work day is 10 hours. I have learned a lot about my job and duties. Management is a good fit and the job culture is welcoming. Hardest part if my job is waiting for the right training and the best part of my job is the atmosphere.
A real let down. A lot of unfair practices and untrustworthy management. Poor communication. The list is endless. Heartless people out for there own self gain. Worst experience ever.
Retronix is a great place to work, its a great way to get an introduction to the semiconductor industry.
Management are great and are always looking for further opportunities for the employees.
The compressed work week is excellent if you like time off - as you work 3 x 12 hr shifts one week and 4 x 12 hr shifts the next.

For me - after approx 1 year with Retronix they have secured me a full time permanent position as a Service Engineer with a world leader in the semiconductor industry.

I would totally recommend :)
Management has no communication with the employees. Had me sit in the cafe for three hrs within no response when I tried to reach them I got ignord...
Wasted time working for them. Would not advise anyone to consider working for them as thay will treat you like dirt...............................................................
Dont waste your time with these clowns. You spend 12 hours a day either pushing a trolley or hiding from blue badges if theres nothing to do. They do not care about employees. If it gets too quiet they will lay you off for a month with no pay. They also fire at will. I seen them fire 1 guy because he didnt fill out a report sheet properly and another who was accused of being aggressive when he was probably the nicest person there. Also if you are a green badge you are looked down on by the blue badges its pathetic. Stay clear of this place you can do better.
Pros
Cons
Loads
My time working at Retronix semiconductor was great because they offered to pay for vision insurance for no cost and the management was great to work for and to work with them. It was definitely a good experience and the working hours were good. The days off were flexible. I would recommend Retronix semiconductor to anyone.
Pros
Great pay for the amount of hours worked
Cons
Only con is that my contact got terminated
This is one of the better place in which I have worked.When it comes to management,co-workers, and pay, I can not complain either. I recommend.Thomas.
I enjoyed working with Retronix. Although things did not translate well at first as there was a lot of miscommunication and disorganisation, I later found that this was not actually the companies fault. As the client that they worked for was not organised themselves and thus left Retronix with little time for planning and cohesion. Despite some unrelated run ins with other staff members, the company experience and my time with them was very enjoyable. I gained knowledge, understanding, purpose, responsibility, discipline, friendship and opportunity.
I was treated respectfully and the management helped accommodate me where ever I needed assistance or help.
When the contract comes to an end I can honestly say I will miss working for them (should there be no further positions available).

Retronix was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend anyone to apply should you be gifted the opportunity.
I was taken on on a perm contract but it became very clear that the the role was a temp role to carry out a project. I was put on a lay off with no pay after 8 weeks but before I was told I had to take holidays. Have been sitting in a room on night shift for 9 hours with no work to do with the rest of my shift. I'm annoyed as I left a job to come here. Beware of this company. Salary is paid on time but on other real benefits. Don't feel that the management know what they are doing or if they do they are not honest with people they are hiring. The work is brain numbing. Pushing trollies. Not a MT role.
Cons
I am writing this review to warn others about this company. While the pay is great I would suggest finding somewhere else as you might get the job and be fired the week after.

Retronix have no regard for their employees at all, recently we have been told that we are being forced to take off 6 weeks for Christmas without any pay as there is no work for us to do.

Also, a level 1 technician as they phrase it is simply a trolley pusher. You push a trolley around a clean room for hours on end, there is no way to further on any of your skills and you learn nothing from this job.

What they don't tell you as well, when there is no work, you literally do nothing. While this sounds like the dream job in theory it actually isn't. Sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing can feel like a lifetime and makes you feel useless and unproductive.

I don't understand why Intel hired this useless company for certain contracts as Retronix is one of the most unorganised companies I've ever seen in my life, most of the time they don't know where their staff are and during our training week we were basically told to stay in a room for a few hours and hide from Intel staff in case they see that we are doing nothing (which we were).

Also, working here has been like were back in school, rumours get spread around like wildfire and you never know what to believe, there's a lot of childish bullying among staff and you never know if you should believe what you hear.

Aside from all the negatives, some of the people in there are great and some of the supervisors are great also. The pay is pretty
 - more...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
Dreadful company do not trust , no security with the company , management do not reply to emails , no support, do not care about employees they take on , wash there hands off employees , make promises they cannot keep
Pros
Cons
All the above