Retronix Semiconductor

Retronix Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Great place,great management,good salary.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Intel in Leixlip,co Kildare1 April 2019
This is one of the better place in which I have worked.When it comes to management,co-workers, and pay, I can not complain either. I recommend.Thomas.
Definitely worth a chance.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Intel, Leixlip, Co. Kildare1 April 2019
I enjoyed working with Retronix. Although things did not translate well at first as there was a lot of miscommunication and disorganisation, I later found that this was not actually the companies fault. As the client that they worked for was not organised themselves and thus left Retronix with little time for planning and cohesion. Despite some unrelated run ins with other staff members, the company experience and my time with them was very enjoyable. I gained knowledge, understanding, purpose, responsibility, discipline, friendship and opportunity.
I was treated respectfully and the management helped accommodate me where ever I needed assistance or help.
When the contract comes to an end I can honestly say I will miss working for them (should there be no further positions available).
Retronix was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend anyone to apply should you be gifted the opportunity.
Manufacturing technician
Employee (Current Employee) –  Leixlip1 April 2019
Retronix Semiconductors are an excellent company to work for and has a great culture and working environment.

There is also a great work/ life balance
Daily
Employee (Current Employee) –  Leixlip1 April 2019
Work duties changes from day to day. Diverse environment and always challenging makes the job enjoyable and unpredictable. Work life balance is fair. .
R.m
Employee (Current Employee) –  Celbridge1 April 2019
Great place. Great team. All round great experience. Would love to have the opportunity to work here again. Hope to hear from them in the future. Supervisor was great also.
Dreadful company
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare1 March 2019
I was taken on on a perm contract but it became very clear that the the role was a temp role to carry out a project. I was put on a lay off with no pay after 8 weeks but before I was told I had to take holidays. Have been sitting in a room on night shift for 9 hours with no work to do with the rest of my shift. I'm annoyed as I left a job to come here. Beware of this company. Salary is paid on time but on other real benefits. Don't feel that the management know what they are doing or if they do they are not honest with people they are hiring. The work is brain numbing. Pushing trollies. Not a MT role.
Cowboys
Level 1 operator (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare19 December 2018
Not paid what I was promised, forced to take unpaid leave at no notice, promised the job was permanent and it is clearly only a very short contract, often told to hide away from the customer so they cannot see that we have nothing to do. I cannot wait to find something better and longer term.
Pros
Working in the Intel site
Cons
Everything about Retronix
Good pay but no job security
"Manufacturing Technician" (Trolley Pusher) (Current Employee) –  Intel, Leixlip28 November 2018
I am writing this review to warn others about this company. While the pay is great I would suggest finding somewhere else as you might get the job and be fired the week after.

Retronix have no regard for their employees at all, recently we have been told that we are being forced to take off 6 weeks for Christmas without any pay as there is no work for us to do.

Also, a level 1 technician as they phrase it is simply a trolley pusher. You push a trolley around a clean room for hours on end, there is no way to further on any of your skills and you learn nothing from this job.

What they don't tell you as well, when there is no work, you literally do nothing. While this sounds like the dream job in theory it actually isn't. Sitting around for 12 hours doing nothing can feel like a lifetime and makes you feel useless and unproductive.

I don't understand why Intel hired this useless company for certain contracts as Retronix is one of the most unorganised companies I've ever seen in my life, most of the time they don't know where their staff are and during our training week we were basically told to stay in a room for a few hours and hide from Intel staff in case they see that we are doing nothing (which we were).

Also, working here has been like were back in school, rumours get spread around like wildfire and you never know what to believe, there's a lot of childish bullying among staff and you never know if you should believe what you hear.

Aside from all the negatives, some of the people in there are great and some of the supervisors are great also. The pay is pretty
  more... good but it comes with a lot of responsibility and you are nearly always paid on time. The days off are great, especially if you're planning a trip away for a few days.

But overall, I suggest finding a different job as you have no security here and no matter how hard you work they can fire you in a heartbeat. With regards to the forced 6 weeks off, none of us have a say in this as if we bring it up we will be fired straight away and we have no legal leg to stand on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
To say the least Disapointing
Level 1 Technicion (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare1 November 2018
You'd expect working for a company like Intel would be great but it is far from it. Blue badge managers looking down on you for only being green badge no job security. The wages are fine you are payed on time but most of the time ive been working here ive been sitting for 9 hours and working on and off for 3 the people you are around are great but its such a boring job and its way too easy to get fired. The shifts are too long especially night shift you come off shift sleep and when you wake up your straight back into work. And the days off are not worth it by the time your sleeping normally again your right back in. Im not happy with my employment here and i am currently looking for a change.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Long hours, unsatisfying work
Good company and enjoyable to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  intel1 August 2017
Enjoyed my time working for the company, Would have stayed longer if contract was not finishing up and would not hesitate to rejoin if another position became available within the company
Fse
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ireland17 June 2017
Dreadful company do not trust , no security with the company , management do not reply to emails , no support, do not care about employees they take on , wash there hands off employees , make promises they cannot keep
Pros
Cons
All the above
Very productive and trustworthy.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare6 May 2016
Meeting at 8 a.m. for assignment of tasks. Normally 2 man crew. Work is equally shared between us. Break @ 9:30 and 1:00. Meet up @ end of shift to discuss progress of work.
Pros
Left to your own devices to get job done. Always someone to help out or be helped out.
Cons
None I can think of.