River Island
River Island Employee Review

Fast pace, upbeaat store.

21 January 2016
I found my time at river island very enjoyable. It was a bus journey away from my home therefore very easy to get to if I was called in for overtime. I was always kept busy on the tills, in a footwear department, in the fitting rooms or on the floor. My co-workers were very friendly and soon became friends we worked very well in a group together.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff.
20 February 2020
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Carlow
I hated my time here. What started off as a dream job turned into a nightmare. So competitive, they watch your every move, search your bags, you not allowed put your jacket on before you leave the store or have your jacket on near the stock room. They don’t trust you from the beginning. It was so competitive and it was very click-y
11 May 2017
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
Didnt ever have much to do was always a "look busy" act day in and day out. Verry bad pay if you are under 18. Never give any extra hours to someone eager to make extra money.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
Not enough hours.
6 October 2020
Same location
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Dublin
River island do not reward loyalty I’ve worked there as a Manager for 10+ years . There’s no pay rise on salary and the expectation from head office is ridiculous vs the hours allocated and work load . No Xmas bonus fur any staff just a chocolate hamper -no staff paid night out to reward all the hard work. The company need to start rewarding loyalty and experience.
Pros
Lovely teams in store staff are friendly . 40% discount for staff, 50% for Managers. Company is process driven so you learn loads
Cons
Long hours at Xmas. No work life balance -answering emails on days off .