River Island
River Island Employee Review

Good place to work, but no opportunity to progress so time to move on.

1 June 2013
A typical day at work involves placing new lines onto the sales floor once delivery has been processed, both new and replenished lines must be put out into the floor according the company's BSP (best standard of practice). While there are many areas that i can be deployed to throughout the day my main area is cash desk. I basically interact with the customers while i de-tag the product and put the sale through the till. i also get to deal with alot of customer complaints and inquiries. I have learned alot with my time at River Island. It can become quiet stressful with tasks to be completed while all the time trying to deal with customers and give them 100% service. i have learned how to manage my time efficiently while working as both a team member and on my own initiative. Most important i have learned to do all this with a smile on my face and control how stressed it can make me. At River Island there are four managers Ladies floor manager, men's floor manager, deputy manager and a store manager. As a sales assistant i am responsible to answer to all of the four managers. They can each in turn give me specific tasks to do and to be completed in a specific time frame. They are all treated with the up-most respect and in turn respect is returned. Most of my co-workers work on a four hour shift. I must say everyone who works at River Island works hard and we all help each other out when possible. The main idea of this is to cut out all breaks and lunches. All the contracts are now no more than 20 hrs, and the main idea of this is an employee works 4 hours over 5 days. - more...
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
My 3 days are set to wed, thur and fri, staff all friendly
Cons
As i work part-time i will never progress within the company
5 July 2020
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) - Derry
Work was slow paced and quite relaxed, consisted of helping customers and making sure the floor was looking good, management were very friendly and helpful
Pros
Monthly allowance for uniform, great management
Cons
Salary
12 October 2019
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) - Carlow
Fast pace environment, everyday was different to some degree. Learned a lot about customer service and sales. Everyone working there was really friendly.
3 August 2019
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) - Galway
Awful company , management are rude and don’t respect the staff. Stay away, not worth it for a low minimum wage job. The canteen is untidy 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢.