River Island
River Island Employee Review

great place to work

10 September 2012
deliveries,replen,and tasks,dealing with costumersmanagement were great loved them they were very fair with everyonemy co workers were brilliant we all worked well together ,hardest part of job was when staff was sick or did not come in and the deliveries were huge so we had to double job but we got on witheverything i loved it
Pros
nice clothes, and good discounts
Cons
long hiours
24 September 2016
Same location
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
Poor training, never received full training a constantly being given out to by a particular manager on stuff I was not trained on. Certain manager was rude, didn't take time to learn my name, would refuse to help and pick on me for anything he could find. Extremely poor management.
Pros
Handy shifts
Cons
Everything Else
3 April 2016
Same location
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
Learned to have more confidence in myself my approaching customers and helping people I had never met before made it easier to talk to people I have never met before.
6 October 2020
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Dublin
River island do not reward loyalty I’ve worked there as a Manager for 10+ years . There’s no pay rise on salary and the expectation from head office is ridiculous vs the hours allocated and work load . No Xmas bonus fur any staff just a chocolate hamper -no staff paid night out to reward all the hard work. The company need to start rewarding loyalty and experience.
Pros
Lovely teams in store staff are friendly . 40% discount for staff, 50% for Managers. Company is process driven so you learn loads
Cons
Long hours at Xmas. No work life balance -answering emails on days off .