River Island
River Island Employee Review

4 April 2017
Difficult to progress, mostly linear progression. Negative hierarchy, massive staff turnover and poor salary . Weak policies, training and very little work life balance.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours very little recognition
19 November 2017
Same role
Product Manager (Former Employee) - Carlow
Great place to work give me great experince in excellent customer service..merchandising and was delighted to be part of one of the best high street stores.
Pros
Great discount
29 September 2015
Same role
Women's Product Manager/ Step up Store Manager (Current Employee) - Arklow, WW
I thoroughly enjoy working for River Island but am looking for new challenges and opportunities. Enjoy working with my team and colleagues and feel I have learnt an endless amount about retail while here.
Pros
Discount and uniform benefit
Cons
salary
6 October 2020
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Dublin
River island do not reward loyalty I’ve worked there as a Manager for 10+ years . There’s no pay rise on salary and the expectation from head office is ridiculous vs the hours allocated and work load . No Xmas bonus fur any staff just a chocolate hamper -no staff paid night out to reward all the hard work. The company need to start rewarding loyalty and experience.
Pros
Lovely teams in store staff are friendly . 40% discount for staff, 50% for Managers. Company is process driven so you learn loads
Cons
Long hours at Xmas. No work life balance -answering emails on days off .
  1. Little progress, high staff turn over, poor salary, very little training and development