River Island
River Island Employee Review

Normal Day

12 November 2015
I was apart of the stockroom staff as well as the floor staff these were both different jobs as stockroom was all about been neat and tidy and the floor staff was all about been co-opertive and confident to talk to customers and dealing with customers 24/7
Pros
discount to staff members
Cons
bad pay
9 November 2017
Same roleSame location
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin City Centre
River Island was a great experience for me, I really enjoyed myself there. I thought all of the staff were very kind and I made new friends amongst them. This experience helped me mature and get a taste of what it’s like in a quick paced environment and understanding the importance of a good working team to keep a business functioning! It also gave me an insight of a managers job in real life other than just studying throughout my business studies, which was very interesting!
Pros
Great Staff, good team work, good communication, well organised stock room and a great shop
Cons
Wages were monthly, Elevator wasn’t working at the time so stock had to be manually lifted up and down a lot of stairs.
12 May 2017
Same role
Stock Associate (Former Employee) - County Louth
Hours flew by, customers were generally friendly. the manager was amazing. Hardest art about this job was leaving after 2 years. The most enjoyable part of this job was dressing the mannequins
6 October 2020
Same location
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Dublin
River island do not reward loyalty I’ve worked there as a Manager for 10+ years . There’s no pay rise on salary and the expectation from head office is ridiculous vs the hours allocated and work load . No Xmas bonus fur any staff just a chocolate hamper -no staff paid night out to reward all the hard work. The company need to start rewarding loyalty and experience.
Pros
Lovely teams in store staff are friendly . 40% discount for staff, 50% for Managers. Company is process driven so you learn loads
Cons
Long hours at Xmas. No work life balance -answering emails on days off .